Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
6 pages of a discussion thread, holy moly. That's TNA-esque but interesting on a psychological level. Everyone seems to just like hate-watching RAW and when given the opportunity to read the results beforehand and skip the 3 hours entirely, almost everyone will jump on the possibility. RAW should go back to always being taped so everyone can break out of the downward spiral of spending 3 hours watching something they hate and just spend a minute reading results instead. I think it would improve everyone's mental well being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Everyone is just going to read spoilers and not watch a minute of WWE programming this week.

It will be the happiest, friendliest, conflict-free WWE discussion thread in the history of the sport. A great weight has been lifted off our collective shoulders.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Jinder Mahal really sucks, but honestly Randy Orton is so boring I won't mind at all if he wins the title. That said, it's a crime AJ Styles isn't permanent #1 Smackdown WWE Champion of the universe

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Stop being so in love with "Five" rhyming with "Live" and just tape it BEFORE Smackdown already you loving idiots. Or move it to Wednesdays with NXT. Anything makes more sense than putting it where it is now.

Although now I can hate 205 Less because I have to wait 30 less minutes to see TALKING SMACK

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Braun is smart. Get "injured" before a program with Brock Lesnar so you don't have to have a lovely match with him where he does nothing but suplexes, gives you nothing, and kills all your heat. Just like Daniel Bryan missing the Summerslam match so John Cena got destroyed instead.

This guy is already a political mastermind and will dominate the WWE for years to come. Braun owns

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

From this week's observer, putting that amazing Raw hour 3 into context:

quote:

To put into perspective how bad the third hour was, it was lower than the third hour on either July 4th or on Halloween last year, or against all but one NFL game last season. The only time the 10 p.m. hour did worse in modern times was on 9/26, when it went head-to-head with the Trump-Clinton debate as well as NFL football. So putting everything into perspective, being on its regular time, in its regular time slot, with no NFL or gigantic television competition, this realistically the worst rating, not the lowest, but the worst, all things considered, in Raw history

Congrats

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Despite not being as good a wrestler as many of the other women, I think Alexa is doing well because of her ability to deliver WWE-scripted dialogue well and make it bearable due to her facial expressions and general snotiness. Sasha and Bayley are not good enough on the mic to overcome the poo poo that's being written for them and it has greatly diminished how much anyone cares about them.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I was wrong about the taped RAW making this thread peaceful. In actuality, taped programming just makes us all bitch about each other instead of WWE.

Please WWE, come back live so we can bitch about how much we hate Roman and Bray

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Miz character on sd was a good example of a nuanced character but of course they wasted him trying to get Ziggler over and now in Raw he is another bad guy who looks like an idiot all the time. The WWE doenst have the talent to write good stories so they shouldnt try.

I actually really like that even as a "heel," The Miz is absolutely genuine and means it when he talks about how much he loves and respects his wife and thinks she's the greatest and she's the same way with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

it's kind of the problem, they've run everything into the ground and no one gives a poo poo about anything or cares. The RAW main belt is worthless, either held by a fat dude who loses all the time or a beast man who only shows up once every few months to do an awful repetitive match. The Smackdown belt is held by one of the most heatless wrestlers alive coming off a horrendous feud with a loser boogeyman.

AJ Styles for permanent champ. He ruled, the matches ruled, and he cared about the belt because it proved he was the man and invited all comers to try and take it from him. Good thing he got shunted down the card for Randy loving Orton and Jinder Mahal.

• Locked thread