Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Vengarr posted:

Wait, people didn't like that design?? It's absolutely Peak Nero! It fits her like a glove. An overly ornate and flashy glove that doesn't cover much skin...

Thanks for the LP, Sylphid. No way I was playing a Musou game myself, and the SSLP format was very clean and readable.

Oh, it's totally Nero, but supposedly most of the fandom reaction was basically "what the goddamn gently caress nasu, this poo poo is ridiculous and not in a good way". Then again, a lot of people were also said to be pissed that you could only get the true ending with Nero, which might have contributed.

I've also heard that Extella got a lot of flack from the Japanese fandom for all the alien stuff too (there was a popular comment that said "Get all this sci-fi poo poo out of Fate"). Though most people apparently blamed Sakurai, one of the other TM writers, who's infamous for being the writer behind the Septem (aka the "Nero is perfect and can do no wrong") chapter in FGO, for a lot of the things they disliked. But, given what's been happening in FGO, it seems that's the direction Nasu wants to take the Fate series these days, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
With all the Foreigner stuff introduced in Salem, that's how things are gonna go. My dream scenario for Archimedes being introduced to FGO? In Lostbelt 5, Archimedes appears as a Foreigner-class Servant you have to ally with to make sure the "proper" history of Sephyr laying waste to the world happens and not allowing Wodime's more prosperous prehistoric Earth to continue. If that storyline or thereabouts was how things went and that's how Archimedes finally gets added, I would die. It does seem up to this point Foreigners are in general are kind of a boil on the otherwise consistent theme of terrestrial heroes and such, but that can always change almost certainly will. Abby at least has a story that revolves her, Hokusai has basically nothing at all.

From what very little I understand of Extella Link's trophy list and the storyline trophies, it does seem there's a single storyline and you can play the stages with a number of Servants, but Charlemagne is a constant presence. And honestly, I can understand why people would be turned off of The Nero Show in Golden Poem but I suppose that beats having to write two final storylines depending on either picking Nero or Tamamo to be the heroine of the final route. To me it feels less like the game is pushing Nero than completing a storyline and gameplay circle (start the game by playing as Nero, and finish it as her), but I could very well be wrong about that.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I submitted the archive request for this thread a couple months ago, but haven't heard anything back from baldurk. Just bumping to make sure this doesn't get archive'd before then.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Reminder: the archive request was sent in back in July. Just waiting for it to be seen.