Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

WrenP-Complete posted:

Here are some spaces I really love. We just moved, so no photos of our space yet, but soon. :3:

So did a colour palette murder your family or something? There is too much white and grey in the world these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Can I interest you in some maximalism?

Little much

Just right.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
TB, if you use timg rather than img when linking images we get nice thumbnails rather than table-breaking monstrosities.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
You can't take the glass out?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

value-brand cereal posted:

Can we post good sort of interior designs in this thread, or is there another thread for it? Because this bit reminded me of a house / interior that I super duper love the aesthetic of 'library-ish but empty shelves-ish'. Though it's only part of the house, tbh.

Please post good design.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Oh also, small vintage apartment-havers:

This thing was a goddamn lifesaver. It doesn't look like much but it actually fuckin' works. It's basically just a single-rack dishwasher that you put on the counter and hook up to your kitchen faucet with a hose. If you've got the counter space to spare (lol) it will change your life. The only tricky thing is the spikes are kinda close together so you need pretty shallow plates, but you can easily get a couple days' worth of dishes for a two-person household in there, and when it's finished it beeps a song to you in a pleasing Japanese fashion.

The one thing it's bad at is drying, so I recommend venting the steam immediately after the rinse cycle when you can (just pop the door open and closed again) and using one of those water-spot-fighting additives like Jet-Dry

Ohh, that looks interesting.....$1200 Canadian dollars?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

:shittypop: It's like $250 freedom dollars. Do you need us to start a smuggling ring?

There's other brands that are a lot more reasonable, It's probably just one of those weird things that happens sometimes. And I can always grab one when I'm in the States this summer.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

learnincurve posted:

Slate placemats can die a death as well, was far too hard to find a decent set of cork backed placemats that didn't cost the earth.

One of my favourite things about this thread is y'all being sick of the apparent ubiquity of things I've never heard of. Slate placemats? Like, made of rock?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Not to be all body shaming but,

https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates/status/811292089141043200

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
Also, the Luxury vinyl planking can be cut with a box cutter, and is dirt easy to install compared to basically any other flooring surface. And it's got a low thermal coefficient, so it's not too cold on your bare feet.