Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Preechr posted:

Reminds me of a college lab room, but that’s fine.

I would love a chem lab kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
That lampshade with the wallpaper pattern sideways on it tho. (pic 8)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I asked for, and received, the "green bean lamp" from my grandparents' house. It is a table lamp base made of a wrought iron in the shape of a green bean vine, complete with beans. I don't have anywhere to put it right now though unfortunately.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

bring back old gbs posted:

i couldnt stop staring at this:

I knew that staircase reminded me of something.

(The Des Moines Art Center. Possibly my least favorite staircase ever, as I have a mild phobia of transparent floors and hate stairs without risers. I can go up it, but have to take the elevator down.)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Another McMansion, complete with rural industrial decor in places, what appears to be laminate all over (though I could be wrong) and more!
Only $5.799M!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1-Lakeview-Point-Ave-Branchville-NJ-07826/39928259_zpid/

I don't know about y'all but when I go to the lake I like to stay in a kinda lovely cabin for that genuine rustic charm (also I will be outside a lot of the time so who cares).

The top is the way it was when I was last there, but they seem to have redecorated.

If you need me I will be lounging on the dock.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

peanut posted:

Where can I get framed paintings of corn and pickles like in a Richard Scarry book?

Etsy?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I love Arts and Crafts/Craftsman bungalows.

This one is personal. I've posted it in this thread before, but my grandparents' old house. All different patterns and antiques and old materials and new materials. When I buy a house I am 100% painting a room in that peachy/pumpkiny color. It got sold in 2012 after they passed away and I miss it a lot.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Platystemon posted:

Just once I want to see a home listing with something other than a baby grand piano.

How about a tasteful harpsichord or an organ?

Make it a pipe organ. :getin:

When I was little I had a neighbor who had a harpsichord. I wasn't supposed to touch it but I did anyway.

She also had a real human skull in her office. The top was sawn off and it had little gold hinges and a little gold latch so you could open it up and look inside. (She was an ENT so it wasn't that weird that she had anatomical stuff, but still...) It had crooked teeth and I was scared of it.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I kind of love the mirrored furniture, and I really love Pageant Queen Kitty.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

The Furniture Guys!

Wire brush? Because it works.

I love Joe and Ed. :hfive:

The cambric (or dust cover)...

Everything I know about upholstery (which isn't much) I learned from the Furniture Guys.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think Wright was an architect, if not exclusively. But on that, I'd reckon yeah.

fakedit- well he screwed around a bit, too, so maybe not exclusively an architect :downsrim:

:hmmyes:

I toured a Usonian Wright house and he designed most of the furniture in it. He also required the homeowners to consult him on things like curtains to make sure they agreed with his vision. God, can you imagine?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Oh hey my grandparents had that chandelier.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

wesleywillis posted:

Were they from the south?

Connecticut, originally, but this house is in super rural Virginia.

(I kind of suspect this is a slavery question. The house is based around a cabin built in 1750 and we suspect there are slaves buried on the property.)

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Mr. Mambold posted:

No, quite the opposite. You build it with hexagonals and pentagonal frameworks. Like a soccer ball. That was a Mother Earth special back in the day. I had a friend who tried to build one making a bamboo frame that he would then drape burlap over and coat that with gunnite. But, he could never find quality bamboo, so it withered.

This house in my neighborhood has had an extremely janky geodesic shed for years. I wish I had a better picture of it. It has repurposed doors and windows, and is sheathed in some kind of silvery sheeting. I'd love to know what it looked like inside.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Toilet plant.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.nytimes.com/real-estate/usa/ks/lake-quivira/homes-for-sale/spirit-of-avalon/13204-10314

The slideshow is amazing.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I went to a movie theater today that had this glorious custom carpeting (got this image from a yelp review bc I didn't take a picture). I believe it's based on the delightful sign at their previous location (RIP) with some added comedy/tragedy masks and an Oscar.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Youth Decay posted:

I'm gonna interrupt Groverroom chat to ask what kind of countertop this is? It looks cool as hell

Kitchen...rug? At least you could replace it if you dumped a pot of chili on it, unlike kitchen carpet.

I am currently very into worn old oriental rugs. I got a little one, 4x6 maybe, at the Goodwill bins for $5. It was covered in dog hair but surprisingly did not have any stains or smell like urine.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is that a harpsichord

Growing up, I had a neighbor who had a harpsichord. I wasn't supposed to touch it but I did anyway.

This same neighbor had a kiln installed in the basement to fire ceramics.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Link to the Cursed Images thread?

I also kind of love that chuck wagon wallpaper. It should be preserved.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Is this a set for Two Pianos, Four Hands?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Back in mid-July when we were posting rooms we liked, someone posted an Arts and Crafts/20s room with wood paneling and above that, handpainted landscape wallpaper. I looked back but couldn't find it. There's some broken images. Does anyone have that?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Thank you! God, that's gorgeous.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

knox_harrington posted:

The couch isn't too bad and is in keeping with the rest of the room, it's the weirdly institutional bed that I find unsettling.

It looks a lot like my cheap futon that I got at Big Lots.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

there wolf posted:

:spooky: Halloween post :spooky:- Now we know where Grandma Sawyer sleeps.

24 days in and I haven't made an 'it's so ugly, it's scary' joke yet. I guess I was saving it for this horrible serial killer den that some rustic fetishist blog was gushing over.

I feel like this is a basement Air BnB, and I want to see the listing.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I counted 64 pillows (not including the two on the bed). Good lord.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Be sure not to eat anything, because otherwise you'll be stuck in the Faerie Realm, and you don't really want that on a first date.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

value-brand cereal posted:

Cross quoting this post. It's the library mentioned a page back, you know, the 24 million one?

I have a phobia of see-through floors and I would not be able to use this library. Ridiculous.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

The Bloop posted:

Sounds like this bathroom is for you!

(Trigger warning, see-though floor)

thanks, I hate it

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
What are those silver squares set into the island countertop?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Jerry Cotton posted:

KISS, i.e. just vacuum your poo poo right out of your nasty bumhole. Viola!

I believe the toilet on the ISS works on this principle.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I just applied to go back to school and study interior design, starting this summer. I blame all of you.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

There are some serious crimes against interior design being committed here.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/237-Maple-St-Stowe-VT-05672/75440739_zpid/

I know I've posted pictures of my grandparents' bedroom in this thread before, with the matching toile wallpaper/bedding/curtains/upholstery/lampshades, but at least my grandma never put wallpaper on the ceiling.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I used to have a house with a platform toilet situated so that you could get a really good look at your butt as you pulled your pants up. I got rid of several pairs of jeans because of how unflattering they were.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I love those time capsule houses. I'm always disappointed when a house has some vintage charm and the remodelers rip out ALL of it for some incredibly bland update.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pablo Bluth posted:

There's a British TV program called Great British Pottery Throwndown – think Bake-off but for amateur potters. Last night the remaining four had to make toilets and they came up with these:

https://twitter.com/PotteryThrow/status/1235323114227200001

The fly agaric mushroom was the worthy winner however none of them managed to surpass this magnificent toilet from the first series

https://twitter.com/PotteryThrow/status/844998564916924416.

If it can't suck down two dozen golf balls, it shouldn't win.

https://i.imgur.com/g0Hi1If.mp4

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
This was interesting, for the kosher dome. I haven't seen schematics like this before.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I've noticed that every time I go through a slideshow, I involuntarily blink every time I advance to the next slide, and now I'm curious if that happens to anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A bathroom I don't have words to describe

This showed up in my feed too! It's so weird, I kind of love it. Except the carpet, of course.