Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I'm not sure what to do with our living room. The TV stand doesn't fit on the mantle, so we're going to get it mounted on the wall, preferably with one that allows us to lower the TV closer to eye level. The closest outlet is on the adjacent wall, so we might try installing a new outlet as well. We eventually plan on getting some small speakers too. How much does it usually cost to have an electrician install an outlet and route some cables? The lamp and the end table are what we have on hand. I'll eventually shop around for something nicer. I'm not wild about the pillows, the yellow ones are pretty limp and the fuzzy ones feel weird.

Also, I'm not a fan of the grey shades, and I'd like to get some curtains. Any ideas as to what colors will work, or where I can go for ideas? Is the space to small for a coffee table or a rug?

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Sorry if this post is a little redundant, I'm still thinking about what to do with my living room/downstairs,. I really want to replace our current shades because they're kind of drab. Seattle doesn't get much sunlight so I don't want a bunch of dark colors. I initially wanted curtains, but I realized they would get in the way of my plants and books. Another poster suggested roman shades, and they seemed like a nice compromise so I started looking at them.

Here's the living room, the TV is getting mounted with a height-adjustable arm.
As far as shades go, what colors should I be looking at? Bright, warm ones? Would tulip shades work? What shelving should I look for? I'm open to any suggestions!

Here's the dining/kitchen area. Mostly a mishmash of random Ikea furniture from our old apartments. I want to get some better shelves that match, for sure. I'm not a huge fan of the table, it's too lightweight and the glass is a pain in the rear end to keep clean. The door in the back leads to the bathroom.

And here's the bathroom, I eventually want to get a better frame for the picture.