Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Someone with Twitter send this to the Gourmet Takes guy-
https://twitter.com/KazmierskiR/status/901298871929843712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

:ok:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Robots (presumably) are trying to take this thread's job-
https://twitter.com/ratiowned

https://twitter.com/ratiowned/status/902707006313644036

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Whose death will cause the greater existential crisis within the Republican party/its base- Soros, or Hilldawg?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Lou Holtz's brain has more holes in it that Trump's, if such a thing is possible.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Too thick? Wow way to fat-shame guy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I don't have a Twitter because it's a piece of poo poo and not worth the trouble unless you're a public figure, but I also don't have one because the odds of me owning myself using it are just too drat high.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/The_UnSilent_/status/986569703211651077

(the quote, not the response)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Michigan got dumb as hell after I left but maybe it was always dumb.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TIL that Harry Shearer doesn't look like his Spinal Tap character IRL and now I'm sad.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Minge Binge posted:

Also, they strongly believe that indigenous people should stop eating meat.

This is kind of a derail, but is choosing to be a vegetarian/vegan (so doing so not for medical or religious reasons) a widespread thing outside of America? When I was in college my school had a pretty robust study abroad program and I remember getting a message from the college being "being vegetarian or vegan isn't really a thing outside of the US, sorry about your lack of dining options abroad". But this was also a decade ago so maybe things have changed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Aliquid posted:

stolen from the pics thread

Well that was a hell of a hard turn.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is quoting the DnD Trump thread cheating?

Sneakster posted:

Gym culture is the most mind numbing toxic bullshit imaginable. Its basically all caveman act, steroid ads and pitchman throwing out absurd exercises, and an unending parade of MLM type bullshit.

Trump is an idiot, but exercise IS* bad for you.

*Unless you're a competitive athlete, the only functional purpose of exercise is to induce muscle growth to maximize your lean mass. Beyond the lowest effective volume to achieve this is largely unnecessary wear and tear. The benefits of exercise are a subset of the benefits of resistance training. Things like yoga aren't good for you in any real sense, since "flexibility" is merely going beyond a comfortable range of motion that isn't in and of itself a good thing for long term health.

Find the cheapest gym, work out major muscle groups roughly once a week with one set to failure. Anyone saying to do more than that is selling something or probably wrong. Machines are fine, avoid injuries with slow controlled form, and keep a record of weight lifted since you can't memorize it. There are some guidelines to realistic expectations in terms of best case results, but you'll likely max out progress within 2 years, and from then on its a matter of trying to slowly make marginal improvements over the long term. Anyone encouraging you to do exercise beyond a point that risks injury is probably an idiot.

Speaking of MLM type bullshit: whatever this guy is talking about that has "legions of people calling it a pyramid scheme" is probably a pyramid scheme. See, its very very unpleasant, ergo not doing it would be too easy.

That's mostly genetics.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Can we do a spin-off thread of the most ironic takes?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

My hot take is that Skip Bayless owns.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

"If you're a millennial, you have no problems" is the way hotter take IMO even if it's missing some context.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Neither will succeed because Americans are too heavily involved in both ventures.

Wasn't Jeb! slated to buy the Marlins or something, or did that fall through?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

This but for America.

Jose posted:

this account is cheating but what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/998087441037844480

This isn't the thread for correct take though?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

*Offer not valid for minorities, maybe women too I don't know Tommy Lauren's views that in-depth

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Can we get a Muslim guy saying that a Christian cabal runs the media so that we can complete the trifecta?

Insert Fox News joke here.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

My hot take is that AD is merely OK and we as a society need to spend less time dredging up old media content for re-exposure to audiences.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hmm yes, indeed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bill Mitchell is the galaxy brain meme given flesh.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

This is the first one in a while to get a verbal "oh my God" out of me so congrats :lol:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
When the boss I had before my current one gave notice, he sat me down behind closed doors right before he left and told me that if I wanted a sustained career in this field, I should leave my current employer as quickly as possible :lol:

That was over a year ago :negative: I swear I'm working on an exit strategy!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

To steal my own quote from another thread, your advice for saving money is...to donate it to charity :ok:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

Post horrible Canadians ITT.

I know I am forgetting many.

Sidney Crosby

Hi Tayne

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

A take so hot it moved the climate change time-line up by a decade.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pirate Radar posted:

are we more on the side of the person who wrote a bunch of words about the integrity of the sport of golf and demanded that a player publicly apologize, or the guy who said “I’m sorry that you’re offended”?

Phil was way off of the lead and in full gently caress it mode so who cares IMO.

They were ranting about it during the entire broadcast yesterday and it got really tiring. It's not he beat someone to death with that putter.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

get that OUT of my face posted:

at some point, somebody will release a consolidated Harry Potter book with Bible citation style and it will be approved by Rowling, because she actively encourages cosplay as politics

https://twitter.com/dakami/status/1008004238536916992

If you are over 18 and the Harry Potter series is your go-to source for literary analogies then you have not read enough books.

Also Dune is the better book for our current political climate IMO

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

If old people knew the Bible half as well as they know Harry Potter, most of our problems would be solved by now

ftfy

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

It is legit amazing how much poo poo Kojima totally loving predicted

Hot take: I have never played a Metal Gear game and probably never will, just because I don't see myself going out and getting any of the consoles that they run on.

I did see the scene in MGR of the main villain yelling "Make America Great Again!" which was funny in a hosed up way.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

My hot take is that if you have a handlebar mustache in 2018, then your opinions mean less than those of other people, and also you look like poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Normal brain: stopping the white nationalist agenda by ending white nationalist policies.
Galaxy brain: stopping the white nationalist agenda by promoting white nationalist policies.

Also I would argue that there are no more Never-Trump conservatives.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FoneBone posted:

there are dozens of never-Trumpers and they all have op-ed columns

The chuds are the new conservative party. We can probably re-classify your op-ed writers into some new political party the name of which I can't think of right now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I had a co-worker at my last job who claimed that she wouldn't eat anything "spicier than ketchup".

Yes she was from a flyover state.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

gently caress I was gonna post that

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
That byline tho

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dinesh might be the dumbest right-wing grifter currently active and that's really saying something. He's definitely top 3 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Does Carter Page count?

Honestly I don't know if he's actually trying to grift anyone, he seems more like a fall guy who is partially aware of his fall guy-ness and is trying to cover himself as best he can.

Dinesh sucks as a grifter because he committed the cardinal sin of getting caught.