Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/akoz33/status/1232052037652754432

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The concept of genocide doesn't just cover mass murder.

It's detaining them en mass, forbidding them to practice their religion and culture. To ban them from speaking their own language, wearing their own clothes. From passing their traditions on to their children.

To forcibly sterilise them. To rape them. To force their women to marry men from the ethnic majority. To treat them like slaves. To "re-educate" them. To deny them any freedom in their lives.

Would love to see proof of any of this happening in China while simultaenously seeing proof that it isn't happening in basically every single country of the Western world but especially Australia and the United States and Canada and the UK and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
goddamnit. Well, it's a lightly smoldering take then.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Here I was thinking that saying the dreaded ableist R-Slur was against the rules now

Or did you mean the Polish guy saying literacy is haram. Because that's definitely just online leftism in a nutshell. Reading theory? HEH. Sir, I have a podcast...

Apoplexy has issued a correction as of 11:37 on Feb 25, 2021

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yet, somehow Pooh Bear's brutally authoritarian police state which is happy to lock you up forever at the drop of a jar of honey is somehow immune?

Sauce pls

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I stand corrected. The Uyghur genocide is real.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ooh, I know, I know this one. Uhh, it was Jeremy Corbyn's Anti-Semitism?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I wonder how 'Americans tested by China for COVID-19 using most-accurate testing methods available' is being framed on Reddit by liberals...

>U.S. diplomats forced by China to undergo anal swab testing for Covid-19 after Biden raised "fundamental concerns" about Beijing's "coercive and unfair economic practices and human rights abuses in Xinjiang." [COVID-19] (nbcnews.com)

cool.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I have a video that made me laugh on this note. I won't spoil what it IS... but just imagine it being a Cum Town clip and don't go clicking it without clearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXJ8FzuQFus

Apoplexy has issued a correction as of 13:08 on Mar 1, 2021

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I missed that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

indigi posted:

no they don’t, not more than vulnerable and marginal communities, and a public stomping is honestly getting off light

"Vulnerable and marginal communities"

Wanna go ahead and explain who that is for all the rest of us here? Kinda curious who you think deserve to live as the rest of us die from a disease the government has let run rampant in the name of the capitalistic order. I'm a downwardly-mobile, formerly middle-class by upbringing, bisexual, disabled white male. Do I get it? Can I swap one of the components of identity out to raise my perceived value to you? Do I get to live, or do I have to die because of things outside of my control just to appease your belief that some people DESERVE a vaccination from a potentially-deadly-or-maiming disease more than I?

Apoplexy has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Mar 1, 2021

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jose posted:

based on his bio he worked for both hillary and obama lol

https://twitter.com/RealRichWilkins/status/1366078573472317445?s=20

The 'young leftist who supported John Kerry 2004' to 'apologist for the bombings of Middle-Easterners and also the calloused eliminationist policies that lead to tens of thousands of the elderly dying' pipeline strikes again. When will the dastardly Kerry Kidz cease with this madness?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Also, don't actually look at that guy's feed. It's literally 10+ pages an hour of tweeting.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

That is, indeed, a projection onto China of what America is doing, you are correct. I'm glad you came about on this issue.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You just keep on stanning for genocidal authoritarian regimes :allears:

No, no, I'm... saying America is BAD. You misread me.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Dickfield! Also, he says The Matrix, the 2H16M runtime first film, The Matrix, is AN HOUR too long. Men In Black 2 length, that's where it's at.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's so loving unsettling for people to accuse China of committing genocide one moment and then turn right around propose policy positions that go well beyond even a One-Child Policy the next

Please, please source the quote. We have to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Agent 47 is going to have to get creative.

(this is not to be taken as anything other than a silly reference to Hitman)

https://twitter.com/JOHNofWAR/status/1388297593680171009