Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Almost 3 minutes in and the only time the pucks been in the caps end was an icing call and now briefly for a face off. Not an auspicious start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Thoughts and prayers to anyone wearing a pens jersey in that crowd

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
If it's any consolation to pens fans, this is exactly how the first four games started too

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fleury had no idea what was going on there.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
My satellite went out. Does anyone have a stream?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Wonderllama posted:

If it's any consolation to pens fans, this is exactly how the first four six games started too

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Macnult posted:

Thoughts and prayers to anyone wearing a pens jersey in that crowd
There were a bunch of caps fans at game 4, everyone seemed pretty friendly, At least from what I saw. I mean it ain't like they were from Philly or Cleveland.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Come the gently caress on.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Dang Geno ya gotta finish that one

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Power play!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Malkin giveth, malkin takeith away

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nice trip, Malkin.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Last time the Capitals made it past the second round I missed the entire playoffs, being stuck in Ft. Leonard Woods Missouri doing basic. I'd like to actually see it happen this time. But no matter what, at least I'm not in Missouri.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Uhhh?...

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
This is why malkin doesn't usually forecheck

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did I just hear Becky Lynch's music?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did I just hear Becky Lynch's music?

I think so!

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
Olczyk is right that Malkin should have reversed to a backhand on that chance. Malkin is really pulling his punches lately.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

DOINK

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nice waste

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Raylen posted:

Olczyk is right that Malkin should have reversed to a backhand on that chance. Malkin is really pulling his punches lately.

He doesn't go backhand as often as you'd think he would with his huge reach. He normally likes to just shoot short blocker or short glove on breakaways.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Caps are gonna look great for the first period but not score then the Pens are gonna score two quick ones right at the start of the second.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Not complaining but I am missing it, how was that offside?

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

I feel like offsides whistles have really hosed the pens the past couple games but they also legit sucked so maybe it's fine

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Ginette Reno posted:

He doesn't go backhand as often as you'd think he would with his huge reach. He normally likes to just shoot short blocker or short glove on breakaways.

I never really understood that about his play style. He could have a devastating backhand with the reach he has.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Caps are gonna look great for the first period but not score then the Pens are gonna score two quick ones right at the start of the second.

Keep going I'm almost there

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Not complaining but I am missing it, how was that offside?

same

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Go Caps gently caress the Swimbirds.

Also Saint John is up 1 - 0 :toot:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Maf really does live or die by that poke check 80's style. It's fuckin bizarre to watch after every other NHL goalie just sitting on their line with huge pads these days.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Keep going I'm almost there

Oshie and Ovie score in the third to tie it. Crosby gets concussed by a loose Wilson elbow. Williams scores in OT at the same moment Malkin slides into the end boards and breaks his leg.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Pens actually look decent, so of course MAF looks shakey

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ThinkTank posted:

I'm just glad this game didn't start out like that game 6 against the Flyers which also coincided with the lowest point

E: Yeah that got a little too dark

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 11, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Oshie and Ovie score in the third to tie it. Crosby gets concussed by a loose Wilson elbow. Williams scores in OT at the same moment Malkin slides into the end boards and breaks his leg.

Heyyyy

CobwebMustardseed
Apr 8, 2011

And some said he would just be a shell of his former self upon his return.

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Pens actually look decent, so of course MAF looks shakey

Trust and believe Fleury.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Well he's certainly not going to get hurt sliding into the ice

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I'm just quietly screaming into my beer.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lets go hockey

gently caress a pen/cap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
...Trotz never had a game 7 with the Preds?

• Locked thread