Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Kawalimus posted:

They probably won't do anything and I can't criticize them for it. It's a baffling situation. It seems like they've done everything right, they fired their old GM, fired coaches, brought in more players, fixed their weaknesses. And they STILL can't get anywhere. What do you do? Who do you bring in or get rid of? Can the team possibly get any better than it already is? I guess the Capitals aren't the only team that's found themselves in this situation before. There are teams like the Sharks and Blues who have these same problems. I don't know what the solution is. But it sure would be nice if one year this same old poo poo didn't happen.

Everything the Capitals have done seems to be the right move, but at the end of the day, I think the best move for them is to keep going and try to find other strategies to win. Ultimately, Washington seemed completely lost after Pittsburgh scored their first goal, and had no real way to get any significant offensive possession at the end of the game. That' a big problem.

Hockey's weird. There were a lot of years where the Red Wings won the Cup, but there were just as many years when roughly the same roster couldn't win a playoff round.

Ultimately, the Capitals need to get past the mental stumbling block of beating Pittsburgh. Game 7 was completely different than Game 5 or 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread