Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I picked this game up yesterday and it is extremely dope. Just oozes style!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I unlocked the Impaler last night and what an awesome weapon. Managed to get a nice build where my loadout all synergised together. I got to the dark smog/need a lantern zone before getting gakked.

Great game. Is it best to blitz early areas to comb over them for scrolls and cells?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Managed to get to the Hand of the King for the first time. Did a number on him and then got battered by an Elite Fat Bloke with Khopesh lol.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How is the dlc? Keen to get back playing soon.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Finally managed to beat hand of the king! I managed to seperate my head from my body - what does that do?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I got the one in the top leftish area - I noticed the big rear end giant is gone too. So much to do!

Thanks all.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Does Boss Cell difficulty increase how hard enemies hit, or is it just the changes listed? I'm not quit sure I'm ready for the 1BC jump, does it have further unlocks or increase rewards at all?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ah nice, I've got a poo poo ton of stuff to unlock anyway - sometimes I wish it was a little bit faster! :)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I tried the 1bc and it was really fun! I might drop down a difficulty to get the spider rune though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I still haven't gotten to that area. I've got the runes finally so I think im going to go to the giant and kill him before switching to1BC. I still die sometimes to silly stuff but I've managed to beat 0BC HOTK 3 times at least.

I find conjunctivitis harder.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I couldn't figure out how to get through the Graveyard into the Cavern, is the artefact in the area? I searched every area but I was extremely tired so just ploughed through the Sepulchre and killed the HoTK instead.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ooh. I didn't realise that. Is that the room where the Giant goes into the lava, right?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I didn't explore much there - I thought it was an area I'd come back to in the future. I'll have to find that key - thanks goons!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Animated trailer just hit. It's goood.

https://youtu.be/MqlDDiEL6tE

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Mama Tick seemed quite easy? The lute is amazing though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

BobTheJanitor posted:

Well it's at the same point in progression as the concierge, so it shouldn't be a huge difficulty spike. I must shamefully admit that it killed me on my first time through, even though I'd pushed my difficulty down to only 2BC. It took me too long to realize that the phase where it pops up the pile of eyes and starts stabbing at you with its scythe arms, I was supposed to be doing damage to it. For m some reason my mind read that as an 'avoid stuff' phase, with the way the arms seemed to be in the way of anything I would normally attack. So I just kept waiting for it to switch to another phase so I could attack it and eventually attrition wore me down. :v:

It hadn't actually occured to me it's a Concierge equivalent - that makes sense!

I did the same thing during the eyeball phase.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wait where are you going, it's great! More like.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Blowpipe is surprisingly really good, not managed to find smoke bombs to try to pair it with though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we have patch notes for the new update yet? I haven't turned my switch on in a little while but want to play some Dead Cells.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ooh cheers, keen to give this a go.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The thread title still makes me laugh, feels a little out of date for such a great game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Well done! I'm not that far yet. Any tips?

I've finally hit 2BC but Hades it taking my attention tor now. My switch is a very busy boy. Once the Synthetik port hits that's a trio of great roguelikes.

Also the thread title may be a bit out of date.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It is - its in the works but no idea when.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Does Dead Cells have cross save at all?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Skul: The Hero Slayer is quite a fun little roguelike. The reason I mention it is because you can play as the prisoner from Dead Cells!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Looking forward to this (on Nintendo Switch!), wish it had cross-save though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Started to get used to using shields, I'm still on 1BC but I've gotten hooked on this game again, I hadn't played much since the Rise of the Giant came out and I rebought it on Switch where I much prefer it.

There's so drat much stuff to unlock now, Holy hell.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it is something I do like, it's just a lot of cells!

I am struggling to get up HOTK on 1BC though. My positioning and item knowledge needs work.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I just maxed the first stage of the forge but struggle to get to the hand on 1BC.

I got to the cavern and got bodybagged in seconds by a ground shaker.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I actually just managed to beat him after I posted and onto 2BC! I had Electric Whip the Barrel Cannon, Sinew Slicer and Laceration and just damaged him insanely quickly.

I've yet to fight the Scarecrow at all so I should probably go there at some point.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Would you guys advise clearing the giant on 1bc and getting the blueprints from his areas? I usually get murdered up there and am not sure how well I'd fare without upgrading the forge (only finished the first bar) before starting 2BC. Same for the Scarecrow and Serenade etc.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Congrats! The Scarecrow is a really fun boss but she ramps the gently caress up on her second/third phase and wiped the floor with me the first time I tried to fight her.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Was Malaise at 4BC before then?

That seems like an even difficulty curve and should help me get past 2BC if I'm reading it correctly.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we have any rough idea of when the update will hit/hit Switch?

I am never taking the cursed chest in the Fatal Falls area again, I always immediately die to a bird or something stupid.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Closest I can think of is a Hollow Knight painting in the one level.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It looks super cool. The last crossover getting added is Hollow Knight and its cool to see Motion Twin still adding to Dead Cells. I pick it up every few months and fall back in love with it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Game still owns, love motion twin.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do i access the new biomes? I got given a key by some tentacle duder a few days ago but got a bit distracted.

Still getting my rear end handed to me in 2BC, I need to stop taking breaks from this game!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Another? Wow. Looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That's a really fantastic update.