Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Iím surprised it took so long for someone to do that! I keep a list of terrible ideas and one of the oldest ones on there is a supersoaker shell that snaps around a gun so you can just walk around with it in your hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

People painting various guns to look like toys has been a thing for years, actually modeling one after a toy gun does seem like the next logical step.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

We both like to hang out in public bathrooms?!

Shooting Blanks posted:

People painting various guns to look like toys has been a thing for years, actually modeling one after a toy gun does seem like the next logical step.

This made me realize I haven't seen any of those 10/22 in an airsoft shell creations in a few years. I guess that phase died out.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

https://twitter.com/JaniceYuNews/status/1375100500127883265?s=20

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Am I looking at that wrong or does it definitely look like they neglected to unload the revolver?

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Am I looking at that wrong or does it definitely look like they neglected to unload the revolver?

That was my thought as well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I know very little about ARs but the furniture on that one looks like really cheap plastic.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Toshokan posted:

That was my thought as well.

drat kids these days don't have a clue about how wheelguns work.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

infrared35 posted:

drat kids these days don't have a clue about how wheelguns work.

I confess that I'm not a revolver guy. What is protruding from the cylinder if not shell casings?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Toshokan posted:

I confess that I'm not a revolver guy. What is protruding from the cylinder if not shell casings?

I think yíall are right. I was criticizing whoever was responsible for making those weapons safe since they apparently couldnít figure out how to unload the most common type of revolver out there.

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

infrared35 posted:

I think yíall are right. I was criticizing whoever was responsible for making those weapons safe since they apparently couldnít figure out how to unload the most common type of revolver out there.

Ah, ok, I thought I was missing something since I'm not much of a revolver guy.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

kupachek posted:

This made me realize I haven't seen any of those 10/22 in an airsoft shell creations in a few years. I guess that phase died out.

Kinda not as effective at hiding if you put a real gun in a shell of a fake gun that tries to look like a real gun.

I know what you're talking about, I have a GSG in my closet that looks like an MP5 by the manufacturer putting .22 parts in their airsoft shell

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Maybe all the bullets were spent already

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

There are two safe ways to unload a gun, but the second one has a big asterisk next to it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://i.imgur.com/rchCsVf.mp4

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001

The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics. Oh, and that stupid children's book 'The Little Prince,' ugh.

Yams Fan

Did somebody make constitutional carry illegal? Dude went shopping with some guns, whatís the problem?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Remulak posted:

Did somebody make constitutional carry illegal? Dude went shopping with some guns, whatís the problem?

Look closely at the mugshot, it contains an important clue.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

Did they arrest a cop?

I know, I know, it was a poo poo attempt at a joke

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Seems like a reasonable set up.

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Remulak posted:

A customer heard him loading the guns in the restroom and got the cops.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

chitoryu12 posted:

*muttering
"Seven. Six. Two. Full metal jacket"

I kid, I kid.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

If two grand in twenties is about 3/4 an inch thick, then all thatís....10k and some change?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

If two grand in twenties is about 3/4 an inch thick, then all thatís....10k and some change?

Apropos of nothing, bulk cash smugglers continue to amaze. Dudes think nothing of taking over two million bucks on a plane from NY to DC and down to Atlanta, as they say.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Apropos of nothing, bulk cash smugglers continue to amaze. Dudes think nothing of taking over two million bucks on a plane from NY to DC and down to Atlanta, as they say.

You couldn't fit two grand of twenties into a wallet. People think they can just suitcase a couple million without a problem?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

You couldn't fit two grand of twenties into a wallet. People think they can just suitcase a couple million without a problem?

Happens every day. The TSA also finds people trying to board planes with guns every day, and the travelers always act surprised, like they had no idea you couldn't bring guns on planes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

infrared35 posted:

Happens every day. The TSA also finds people trying to board planes with guns every day, and the travelers always act surprised, like they had no idea you couldn't bring guns on planes.

I can totally get accidentally having a pocket knife. But a loving gun?!

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

I can totally get accidentally having a pocket knife. But a loving gun?!

Oh yeah. Follow their Twitter feed for frequent reminders of how stupid people are.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

When I used to answer phones for a private airport that had no TSA, people would call and ask questions thinking we were the local international airport. I would always answer technically honestly when theyíd ask about parking (ours was free), security (we had none), can I bring my gun through there (yes people do it all the time), etc., though maybe not how they needed to be answered

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001

The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics. Oh, and that stupid children's book 'The Little Prince,' ugh.

Yams Fan

chitoryu12 posted:

They heard he was black?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Where exactly are you going with this?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Somebody Awful posted:

Where exactly are you going with this?

Being charitable? I figure chitoryu12 is saying that the person who reported that he was "loading guns" probably didn't hear poo poo and made up something to just call the cops on a black man that was open-carrying.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

5er posted:

Being charitable? I figure chitoryu12 is saying that the person who reported that he was "loading guns" probably didn't hear poo poo and made up something to just call the cops on a black man that was open-carrying.

I would give anyone a side eye who is carrying an AR15, a shotgun, and two pistols, no matter how much melanin they have.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Monolith. posted:

I would give anyone a side eye who is carrying an AR15, a shotgun, and two pistols, no matter how much melanin they have.

Yep.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

Remulak posted:

Did somebody make constitutional carry illegal? Dude went shopping with some guns, what’s the problem?

The Lone Badger posted:

Look closely at the mugshot, it contains an important clue.

Are you two trolling?

Look at everything he was carrying, dude. After another mass shooting at a grocery store just happened.

gently caress's sake. What the gently caress is wrong with you two?

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 2, 2021

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I suppose it's possible that the guy was just setting a new record for stupidity in open carry activism, but I sure wouldn't call that the most obvious or reasonable assumption.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I thought the thing that gave him away was loading magazines/guns while in the bathroom. Dude in the next stall knew what the sound was.

I think we can all safely say that wasn't open carry activism.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was about to say I donít like seeing people walk around in public with even one gun, then I remembered which forum I was in

Iíll see myself out, sorry

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Snowy posted:

I was about to say I donít like seeing people walk around in public with even one gun, then I remembered which forum I was in

Iíll see myself out, sorry

We aren't big open carry people. Because 99% of the time, it's real dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 4, 2009

Snowy posted:

I was about to say I don’t like seeing people walk around in public with even one gun, then I remembered which forum I was in

I’ll see myself out, sorry

Yea, this is a bit of an assumption. Own guns, sure. Walk around like the bullet farmer from mad max, nah.