Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Pharrell breathing a sigh of relief he can count his money in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

I appreciate this reference, if not the spelling.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Dreams, Amelia - dreams and false alarms

Megamarm

Robert Facepalmer posted:

LOLWUT? I'm pretty sure that is the same kit I built with my grandpa when I was like eight. We coulda been crimin' up in Canuckland?

Yes but only if you yelled STAND AND DELIVER! with each heist

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Fair warning, do not retreat to Molly's chambers for a nap after. It will not end well.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

stealie72 posted:

I appreciate this reference, if not the spelling.

Pretty sure Captain Pharell would have been shot by the cops and not the robber.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

stealie72 posted:

Fair warning, do not retreat to Molly's chambers for a nap after. It will not end well.

But if you see her in the crowd
Holler right out loud

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Memento posted:

Captain Pharrell breathing a sigh of relief he can count his money in peace.

Shouldn't that be a double-barrelled pistol?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Lone Badger posted:

Shouldn't that be a double-barrelled pistol?

nahh he had two in the modern version that he shot the captain with, and one in the original version, where Jenny soaked his powder so it wouldn't fire

Maybe she knew the five-oh were coming in force and she didn't want him to get gunned down after he started a firefight he couldn't win?

Probably she was just sick of him slinging his dick around to any willing recipient he could find

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

He "shot him with both barrels" which to me implies two barrels on a single weapon, otherwise it would be "shot him with both pistols".

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

The Lone Badger posted:

He "shot him with both barrels" which to me implies two barrels on a single weapon, otherwise it would be "shot him with both pistols".

Yeah but that doesn't rhyme with Farrell.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Lone Badger posted:

He "jumped up, fired his pistols"; it's a clunky way to refer to it (for the rhyme, as pointed out) but he had two guns.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

What if... two double barrels?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

https://youtu.be/sHeuZ-m1tek

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivdlcHUwaEw

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

Bang...now everybody freeze while I reload.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I'm curious about something -

When was the last time a muzzleloader was used in a violent crime? And not brandishing, I mean actual "shots fired" crime.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013
I have a high school diploma AND a hobby coin project

Now that you're sufficiently in awe, you motherfuckers shut up and let me tell you how human safety in your self driving car works in the REAL WORLD

Captain Log posted:

When was the last time a muzzleloader was used in a violent crime? And not brandishing, I mean actual "shots fired" crime.

I'd guess 2021 but heres a murder from 2017:

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...0aca4bfe2f.html

Theres 15,000 to 20,000 gun deaths, not including suicides, in the U.S. each year. That's a high enough number that probably every type of gun is used in at least one crime.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 25, 2021

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Captain Log posted:

If so, I hope they recited the entire 'tally ho' copypasta while loading the thing prior to touching the piece off.

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

CarForumPoster posted:

I'd guess 2021 but heres a murder from 2017:

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...0aca4bfe2f.html

Theres 15,000 to 20,000 gun deaths, not including suicides, in the U.S. each year. That's a high enough number that probably every type of gun is used in at least one crime.

I'd be very surprised if a muzzleloader wasn't at least used for poaching somewhere.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Maybe I should whittle it down -

A cap and ball pirate style pistol/muzzleloader. I didnít think about black powder hunting rifles.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Maybe I should whittle it down -

A cap and ball pirate style pistol/muzzleloader. I didnít think about black powder hunting rifles.

Yeah, black powder stuff gets used more than you might expect since they're not legally "guns" so you can fairly easily get one even if you have a record, and the person you're pointing it at probably isn't going to question what's going on at the other end of the barrel.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A BP ball/bullet will probably jack you up pretty well. Might not be as effective as a JHP in 9mm/40 but I'd certainly not want to get hit with one.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

Akion posted:

A BP ball/bullet will probably jack you up pretty well. Might not be as effective as a JHP in 9mm/40 but I'd certainly not want to get hit with one.

Man, I don't want to get shot with a pellet gun, gently caress catching a musket ball.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I don't even want to get hit with Nerf darts, lately.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013
I have a high school diploma AND a hobby coin project

Now that you're sufficiently in awe, you motherfuckers shut up and let me tell you how human safety in your self driving car works in the REAL WORLD

I don't even want to get spit on by an attractive prostitute. 2020 changed things man. We're all scared now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Enthusiastic high fives are a little much for me

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

eyebrowse

Pillbug

Nonsense, look how much fun you could be having

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

aphid_licker posted:

Nonsense, look how much fun you could be having

Clearly that is a speed hole.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Captain Log posted:

Clearly that is a speed hole.

That's the port where you mount your swivel gun.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I just had an epiphany: the internet is useless!

Ultra Carp

CarForumPoster posted:

I don't even want to get spit on by an attractive prostitute. 2020 changed things man. We're all scared now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Bang...now everybody freeze while I reload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CDtSHAmoFg

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

https://youtu.be/XHOXakHMxkc

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

To this day I still have no clue what this is supposed to be for or against.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

It seems to be pro firing a musket towards Susan and Phil, anyway.

Surprised one of the shittier gun youtubers didn't make some response videos. Two horses bumping into each other vs a 60MPH car crash, a train derailing vs a plane crash, someone dying from tainted meat before refrigeration vs someone safely eating a burger that was cold since it was ground. You know, for all the sense it makes.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Dip Viscous posted:

It always reminded me a lot of that one dumb TV show from a while back, where the premise was 'all the electricity died!!' so that suddenly meant everyone decided to go off and cosplay it being the 1700s up to and including everyone fighting with straight up cap and ball rifles and firing in a line.

Iirc it was even called something trite like Revolution or something like that?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(TV_series)

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

ishikabibble posted:

It always reminded me a lot of that one dumb TV show from a while back, where the premise was 'all the electricity died!!' so that suddenly meant everyone decided to go off and cosplay it being the 1700s up to and including everyone fighting with straight up cap and ball rifles and firing in a line.

Iirc it was even called something trite like Revolution or something like that?

Like, for real? That makes no sense, especially when people are still shooting 30-06, corrosive 7.62x39, and other ammo that is decades old.

stealie72 posted:

It seems to be pro firing a musket towards Susan and Phil, anyway.

Surprised one of the shittier gun youtubers didn't make some response videos. Two horses bumping into each other vs a 60MPH car crash, a train derailing vs a plane crash, someone dying from tainted meat before refrigeration vs someone safely eating a burger that was cold since it was ground. You know, for all the sense it makes.

Or even just comparing it to the Patriot Act, in the sense that you're letting remote criminal activity cause everyone to lose some of their rights and let the government completely overreach.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Toshokan posted:

Or even just comparing it to the Patriot Act, in the sense that you're letting remote criminal activity cause everyone to lose some of their rights and let the government completely overreach.
The founding fathers didn't envision planes crashing into skyscrapers because of the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in the middle east...

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

That show suuuuucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008
Prepare yourself for some obtuse logic--->

stealie72 posted:

The founding fathers didn't envision planes crashing into skyscrapers because of the rise of Islamic fundamentalism in the middle east...

It's great how we only get the two genders of constitutional thought: (1) the reactionaries claiming that the Founders were transcendental geniuses whose thought was not at all limited by their time and whose words should be taken literally and the Constitution never altered* and (2) the libs claiming that the Founders did not discern any more general, timeless principles about rights and governance and we should disregard what they said and wrote because they were flawed individuals who held some problematic ideas.

(*unless altering it suits them)