Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

I'm not evil this time. You can all trust me. What could possibly go wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Look at these bad posts - just perfectly atrocious all around.

##vote bifauxnen A loyalty test.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Bifauxnen posted:

actually

##unconsume

##consume Gehndima

loyalty test my rear end town Pod would be dying to work with me this time!

Rampant paranoia abounds from you. Set aside your preconceptions today.

Max posted:

Podima, have the stars aligned? May we finally work together?

Buddy and pal of mine - let's do this poo poo finally.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Moatillata posted:

Yeah probably I just wanted to the opportunity to dump on pod

Having to read your posts - that's more than enough punishment.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

My dinner was delicious burrito!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Bifauxnen posted:

speaking of that...

This is unacceptable!

I am going to MAKE you read it :getin:

Once upon a time there was an Age called Something Awful 5a Sa. It was a fairly stable Age, but its people had some pretty hosed up traditions involving lynches and town and scum. In fact, even in the professional expeditions of the Sa Mapping and Archaeology Foundation (SAMAF), its members would sometimes land on some Age they were supposed to be exploring together, only to suddenly devolve into fighting each other to the death just to see who could score the most points.

Maybe thatís why they only sent 2 people out on this one. One day, a talented scout named Zulea OíHara was out exploring some age called Pento (you donít need to remember this name) with her beloved Captain: Operative Kent Daniels. And they found a MYST BOOK! This was a big loving deal.

They brought the Myst book back to Sa, and then made the first expedition to Myst. When they got there they found a library FULL of books, maybe they could even be more linking books! But there were 2 bad dudes setting them on fire! Captain Daniels confronted these evil men, only to get his rear end shot with a crossbow. What would happen next?!

This thing is quite good.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

GulagDolls posted:

just realized that humans have mouths too. the wikipedia page didnt mention that. ui have such great mutuals

##consume asiina

Stop using fake day actions - the mod said to ##vote.

Also if there's something bastardly, by lore Asiina arrives later. She'll be scum then though - but that's going by metagaming. I say ignore for now, and revisit later if necessary.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Also Bif is scum here. Read along with me please.

Unprompted "I'm totally town guys!"

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe I should kill all humans, they sound like dicks

Bifauxnen posted:

that wasn't a JoBro swear but I am still town btw

Pushing two silly meta cases.

Bifauxnen posted:

actually

##unconsume

##consume Gehndima

loyalty test my rear end town Pod would be dying to work with me this time!

Bifauxnen posted:

btw after Pod though, someone really should make sure Gulag gets killed too cause remember back in FF4 when he pretty much scumclaimed with his water fiend breadcrumb and just nobody cared till endgame?

Bifauxnen posted:

just leave a vote for Gulag or Pod then, sheesh

Far too early lurker callout. And doesn't even name names.

Bifauxnen posted:

Guess who's lurking!

Posts this in total hypocrisy. Never made a serious case. Scum faking engagement in game.

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all, nice stalling and handwringing

Weak effort to establish townieness.

Bifauxnen posted:

ok not totally sure if this is accurate but just point out if I missed anybody

snip

:siren: Yet to cast an honor vote: Cat, FL, Inf, Mr.F, Pod, Quid :siren: just look at these scumbos trying to lowkey get a teammate LP today
(especially Pod)

HONOR VOTE TOTALS:
snip

~~~

I reaffirm my vote there, where I started with today.

I will also ##honor chaoslord, because he's a cool dude.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Miller claim could be fake. Not worth it on D1. Bad reason to push today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Making the next post alone, by Magnus' mildly tolerable request. Suspicious of the specific phrase, but willing to indulge intent. If it isn't good enough, I need a better reason. Don't fullclaim on Day 1.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

I am assuredly not scum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Lumpen posted:

What about the Scumclaim?

Claiming human fits miller concept. Gulag fucks around like that. Not a slam dunk sadly. Unless you're seeing something else?

Still open to scum Gulag. But not feeling it D1. Would prefer to judge interactions. He played decently just recently.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Bifauxnen posted:

Like seriously, a "loyalty test" vote for me, come on you spent half your confessionals all "OH MAN I WISH I COULD WORK WITH BIF NEXT GAME BUT MY HANDS ARE TIED"

Overblown and exaggerated reactions here. Obvious jokephase vote from Myst. And it was one confessional - though that's from fuzzy memory.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

(The irony of this case - it definitely doesn't escape me.)

Bifauxnen posted:

The second was certainly prompted cause it looked like Inf could've trying to revive the JoBro swear

He posted a Jojo picture. You claimed town completely unprovoked.

Bifauxnen posted:

I was thinking of you specifically actually :buddy:

Let's zero in on this. I posted 11 hours prior, and then it was nighttime. (That is, actual EST nighttime.) Why pointing at me specifically - when others had never posted?

Silly meta case I get. It IS D1 after all. Framing it as something more - that's where it gets bad.

~~~

Leaving it at that for now. Curious what others think here. Want to do more rereading.

Also this deadline is tough. Only here for around 3h. PST is a terrible timezone.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Bifauxnen posted:

cause I saw you chatting in Discord but still not posting here. And you lurk as Gehn scum :dance:

btw I posted the first JoJo pic, not Inf, then he quoted it which was like back in FF4 when he was all "quote this to JoBro swear"

wow, I was hoping my shitposting without a care in the world and risking silly posts like that would draw some lovely cases on me but I expected better from you

I don't Mafiapost from work. Discord is easy SA not. And I wasn't only one.

The Jojo thing is weak. Much like your gloating here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Quidthulhu posted:

what's happening, guys, goodmorning

Quidthulhu posted:

I guess in retrospect that was a dumb vote ##unvote

This is weird from Quid. Eye on it for now.

~~~

Asiina's mod in VF FYI.

~~~

Infinitum posted:

Racist

##vote Mr Racist

Infinitum posted:

##unvote

I have no strong feelings one way or the other

Why specifically unvote a jokevote?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Mr. F! posted:

Mmt is most likely scum

Elaborate on this more please.

peramene posted:

I am going to do both of the following things:

Extend the deadline 24 hours because I want to and gently caress you.
Ask ya'll what specific time of day would be best. Don't metagame with this.

I just went with PDT but I'm happy to go with EDT just off the top of my head.

Also yes, Asiina is just my honorfinder now.

Prefer between 8 and 10PM - Eastern Daylight Time of course. Thank you for the extension.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

I'm working late tonight sorry. Will be here before deadline.

Murmur Twin posted:

I have a scum read on Pod based on a double meta call:

(a) that his tone in this case has the false confidence that I associate with his scum game (given the relative vagueness of the point he's trying to make)
(b) that pera would find it hilarious to make Pod scum.

I think his case sounds like he picked Bif as his fake case and then read over her posts trying to spin innocuous stuff as shady.

You know this is bad. I'm confident in the case. Gaming the mod is silly.

I think you did this before - in a previous game somewhere - and were wrong there too. Don't have time to look, it just seems very familiar.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Also people making lurker cracks - don't be rude about that. I hate lurking in mafia. Myst was an overwrought exception, much indeed like my posting.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Bif is unlynchable today remember. Honor vote from yesterday sadly. Don't rush and waste today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

The Bif and Lumpen thing - it feels like scum bussing. If one goes down first, the other gets cred there. Anyone else seeing the same? He jumped on her fast.

Don't forget honor votes today. ##honor Mr. F!

Magnus is quote still important? If so I'll do it, in five words at least. Vigging scum D1 is good. Odd that you didn't die. Maybe scum banking you're dry?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Feeling somewhat better about Bif. She pointed out she's lynchable - and has claimed an action. I'd still vote her way, but not my first choice.

~~~

Lumpen posted:

Looks like scum gonna get rolled hard this game.

Most times someone posts this, they're angry scum getting rolled.

Lumpen has been opportunistic today, and pushing others for cases - rather than making his own. He's selling a meta case - on Gulag of all people. Some points on Bif's stuff - I do agree with but ... it's flimsy overall from him. He's pushing a narrative here, trying to narrow votes already.

~~~

If Stickup has results today, he should confirm for sure - but not claim a role. The way he phrased it - seemed cut and dry there, so weird that he's ghosting.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Lumpen posted:

Yeah, I'm calling Podima likely SCUM.

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Elaborate on this one please. Make your case on me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Behold a terrible post history: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820136&userid=60088

Inf needs to post more - and make some cases today. This feels like scum coasting. Only vote was an OMGUS.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Quidthulhu posted:

OK, I ACTUALLY have time to pay attention to this now with summer around the corner. Put me in, I'll read the OP more carefully tonight and do whatever it is I need to do.

(above mostly included for irony.)

Quidthulhu posted:

hi i got a role PM what is happening, i didn't realize this was a mafia game i thought we were RPing again lololol

i can't do nothin right

Quidthulhu posted:

what's happening, guys, goodmorning

Quidthulhu posted:

I built a computer and I am very tired. Someone fill me in on what's going on.

Quidthulhu posted:

what did mmt do, show me

do the work for me

go, minions, go~

Quid does this as scum. Where is effortposting scumhunting Quid?

Also of note on this:

Murmur Twin posted:

(in all seriousness I miss effortpost-y Quid and hope he makes a comeback :ohdear:)

Certainly not a slam dunk, but raises an eyebrow there.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Birdstrike posted:

ugh

so much casing, voting, lynching, killing - did you learn nothing from Mechanical? It is said that the people will fight... and through battle, they will know the fullness of life.

But that is wrong

If peramene actually gave you... a dickish 'win together' wincon, where we all no lynch, that's actually incredible and hilarious.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Oh THAT'S what that was. Didn't catch your subtle reference. I'm very dumb and tired.

I can firmly confirm that - based on her claimed reference - Bif performed a harmless action, specifically targeting me last night. However my own action failed, so not a slam dunk. Despite that as it stands, less interested in Bif vote.

ps good choice there lol, didn't hafta look it up.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Definitely must hear from Stickup.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

That would've been funny but... I'm not that smart :smith:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Hey Inf who's the scum? You're clearly reading the thread, with that quick a reply.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Kashuno posted:

Here's the alignments in this game

Town
Podima
Cat
Bird
Gulag
Stickup

Neutral
Bif
FL
Quid
Moat
Inf

Scum
Mr F
Lumpen

Explain Cat town read please.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Kashuno posted:

Please I am begging the town players to not honor Mr F.

Your theory is stating this - Mag vigged a scumbud D1, with minimal reason or provocation, just for town cred onwards?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Kash what's your Inf read?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Inf peacing out without content. Two game days so far, nothing meaningful seen from him - other than two separate OMGUS. ##vote infinitum

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Infinitum posted:

Hmmm but you know I have results, don't you my little chickadee?

Who are the scum Inf?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Kashuno posted:

Bif didn't kill chaoslord lol

Only way she could have - based on conversation last night, her action targeting me harmlessly - is if scumbro did it, and she claimed as cover. Risks being blown by track/watch. Makes very little sense really.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Unused honor goes to scum. Vote for someone you dummies.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

Quidthulhu posted:

I got a cop result that Birdstrike is scum but my sanity is in question so :shrug:

Quidthulhu posted:

I was told Birdstrike is AN INTRUDER.

Quid's claim is very weak. Why SCUM first not INTRUDER? Regardless of what Bird flips, he can brush off blame.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

VOTECOUNT FOR DAY 2

Lumpen (4): GulagDolls, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, Bifauxnen
Birdstrike (2): Quidthulhu, Mr. F!
Bifauxnen (2): Mr. F!, this is a stickup, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen, Infinitum, Lumpen, Mr. F!
Podima (1): Moatillata
Infinitum (1): Podima
Lynch No One! (1): Birdstrike
GulagDolls (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Kashuno (0): Mr. F!, Mr. F!

Not Voting (3): curiousCat, Lumpen, Max

WITH 14 ALIVE, IT'S 8 VOTES TO CONSUME. THE CURRENT DEADLINE IS May 19th, 2017 at 6 p.m. PDT -- THAT'S IN ABOUT 2 hours, 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

You've got the Shine
You've got the power

lomarf

The people I'd vote today:

Infinitum for his active dodging, lack of casing when pressed, and lovely softclaim before leaving. Second deadline here he's missing.

Lumpen for calling me scum, yet not casing me ever. He's piggybacking off of others, rather than making his reads. Also fixation on drawing claims.

CuriousCat for embarrassing non participation, and she lurks as scum. She did it in Shine2.

People I've got badfeels about :

Quidnose for the bad claim - but happy to wait here. See how it shakes out. If fake has to fake, can't keep it up forever.

Moatillata for playing to meta, shitposting and coasting as scum.

Neutral on these folks tonight:

Birdstrike for claiming neutral 3p. Not my priority today really, but should be addressed eventually.

Kashuno since he subbed in, and is actually engaging here. Don't like his Mags push, or agree with at all, but kind of get it?

Gulag claimed miller first off, and if he's seen moving - the lie is exposed then. Not worth a lynch yet.

Stickup cased Bif like me, but I wanna see more. Effortposting is well and good, but who else is scum?

Feeling fine about these folks:

Bifauxnen based on night actions.

Magnus vigged scum Day 1. Disregarding all paranoid speculation here, that's an absurd scum play - especially unprovoked with no pressure.

FL based on a reread, he's actively engaging here - and his opinions follow logically.

• Locked thread