Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

[quote="Murmur Twin" post="472239279"]
##vote Podima
[/quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

So I just checked my email and found a PM, for some reason I thought this game didn't start for a few more days

I'm reading now. I'll be sure to get at least some vote down, but there's no way I will be up for deadline, sorry!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

I always believe a scumclaim. Not the thing that Mags is asking us to do, but the thing Gulag did.

##vote Gulag

I won't honor anyone that was involved with making page 5 so painful to read, still trying to make that decision.

Speaking of what Mags is asking us to do,

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

I am scum.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Oh wait was that a serious miller claim am I dumb?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

this is a stickup posted:

verus is a kind gentleman like zanzian!!

checks out

##honor sticks

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

##unvote

I have no strong feelings one way or the other

this is weird because there isn't a binary choice in the vote at the time that inf made this post, nor was there one for the honor vote, so to what "one way or the other" is inf referring

but gulag copy pasted the worst post on the entire something awful forums so hmm

ehh, ##vote inf

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

cause I saw you chatting in Discord but still not posting here.

I was doing this all morning too though :confused: I kind of agree that it's weird that you would single him out given that.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Evening EDT is wonderful for me, but I can do weird midday times too if I need to.

On that note, I'm going to get some sleep, thank you very much for the extension!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I unvoted cause I was in a training course, before the deadline was modified, and didn't want my vote impacting deadline when I wouldn't be able to read the thread or make any D1 cases.

But that's not why you said you unvoted in the post in which you unvoted :psyduck:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

I haven't seen that show, sorry.

How does your pop culture reference apply to your unvote, in that case? I'm just not understanding why these things were put together in any context that could be considered to be remotely germane to the game state as it was when you made the post.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I'm sorry you're terrible at reading intent

I mean, this is probably a fair criticism

Infinitum posted:

and are trying to spin this somehow.

but this isn't

That said, I didn't really look that closely at the timestamps on those posts, that's on me. I still think this would have been a lot clearer without a throwaway "one way or the other" line but I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt for now.

##unvote

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

I am assuredly not scum.

Mags what do you make of this

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

I mean, the gambits fine for what it is, I'm just not sure why you're singling out MMT over the people that are avoiding the question entirely

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

win together

[b]##vote birdstrike[/b

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

I buy that bif reasoning + result, want to wait and see what she has to say first tho

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

The events of the last day and night were regrettable, but I still think we can recover.

My offer is back on the table:
  • No murders
  • No bamboozles
  • Win together

this is a good offer

deffo think Mags is town though

##honor Mags

I must have missed the part where stickup retracted this?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Lumpen posted:

If you're going to claim, claim.

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I can think of one person who should be able to verify that I did no such thing last night.

I'll wait for sticks to check in regarding start of day, but I feel like bif wouldn't say something like this unless she believed it was true

Forcing a claim can wait until we get a little more info about what sticks knows or doesn't know, and probably until a bit later in the day anyway. If the prevailing opinion at the moment is wrong and Bif's town, forcing a claim this early in the day seems like a bad idea.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

also I'm not forcing a claim cause there is NOTHING TO CLAIM, Sticks made some random throwaway comment that Mr F totally misinterpreted as a claim, and Stickup never bothered to clarify.

I'm not saying you're forcing a claim, I'm saying Lumpen is trying to force out a claim from you :)

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm not saying you're forcing a claim, I'm saying Lumpen is trying to force out a claim from you :)

well, maybe not force out, but encourage might be a better word?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Well ive completely cooled on bif at this point

Don't really see mags dayvigging a scum buddy for credit sorry kash

Infinitum posted:

Hmmm but you know I have results, don't you my little chickadee?

poo poo or get off the pot because pods not wrong about your play so far

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

##vote lumpen for the continued rolefishing, we got independent confirmation that bif's action didn't do anything bad unless you think it's worth it to start drawing connections between two unflipped players :\

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

As for the last bit, that's just some Myst humor and I'm not gonna bother to explain sorry :buddy:

You want to talk about almost getting blown up, paging Kent Daniels to the thread

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

In fact you are the complete opposite of confirmed town because i know 100% certainly that you're scum so

You keep beating this drum but have been completely unwilling to back it up with anything but Strong Feelings, and I hope you can understand why this would make me hesitant.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

I can't die so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I am in fact scum... I don't think I am but if it's the case... it's so much easier to win t o g e t h e r

I'm actually totally on board with this if I could be sure that win together couldn't be construed as faking a day action

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

I don't know if I trust that, birb

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Mainly because you can't trust scum!!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

People pretty please reread Infinitum, and consider voting him tonight. We've seen engaged town Inf. This is not his play.

I know my vote's on Lumpen atm but I'm not opposed to Inf either especially with how coy he was being on his way out the door earlier today.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

.---- ...-- ..... -...

These morse characters will be burned into my brain for the rest of time, I don't even have to translate them anymore.

I almost moved my vote just from seeing them.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Oh we only have an hour? Full disclosure that Cat was completely off my radar, mostly because she hasn't been posting, but I don't disagree with the decision. Getting the votes feels like it's going to be a heck of a stretch but ##vote Cat, I'll be around if we need to move to someone else that I think would be scum.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Quidthulhu posted:

I do not believe Podima would actually make that case on me, at all. I have zero incentive as scum to roll into a thread I have not read and drop a bomb like that. That looks like Podima doing a soft push for the claimed cop that he can come back to later. Reads fake as hell.

FWIW, I believe you, Quid - just also, as others, think the information's useless with only one result and questionable sanity. I think it's worth you sharing results every day you get 'em, and hopefully if you (and one or two of your targets) end up flipping we can use what you've got to nail a scum.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

I will happily swap back.

:same:, I have multiple candidates that I would be happy with.

I think Lumpen's probably an overall better candidate and if we get to, like, :20 or :30 and there hasn't been a ton of movement I'm moving my vote back to him - thing is that not everyone's around right now, it seems like, so it's a little bit of "take what I can get" here this close to deadline.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

Bif did you do friendlist? Nobody shows lurking in TGR.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Quidthulhu posted:

Is this a scum flip? I thought this was a scum flip because I'm not a group of soldiers but I have absolutely no bead on the flavor here. Help?

this was a scum flip but I don't think it's a guarantee that all the scum are squads

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

These quid votes are really bad

##vote lumpen going to put this back where I should have left it yesterday

Gulag looks worse to me after starting that vote swing yesterday

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Despite where my vote is I just read this page and think lumpen could have arrived at his opinions logically

Will reread later tonight or tmrw but my vote is subject to change

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

I'm clearly not the only one thinking your claim sucks?

See, I still don't understand this at all. I think the way the claim came out was fair - put the results out there so they're there in case he dies overnight, with a caveat that sanity isn't known. Using a known-alignment player to verify your sanity makes sense to me, too.

I don't get why any of this is bad.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

yeah given this there are a lot more meaningful results from ##vote Quid today. If he flips scum, then we vote Mags tomorrow, and hopefully Kash can survive the night.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

GulagDolls posted:

ah...you're scum then...ok cool

I mean if you read that contextually we didn't have this whole counterclaim situation until after that second quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.

Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

Kash made his scum read on Mr. F absolutely clear. Why spoil it and give himself away straight away?

this is pretty much correct, going in that hard on a read with no speculation should have tipped me off anyway, but this is one of the reasons I'm willing to buy the story here

• Locked thread