Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who leaves Dallas with a title?
Stipe/Joanna
Stipe/Jessica
Junior/Joanna
Junior/Jessica
View Results

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
You weren't followed on the way to the GDT for UFC 211: Miocic vs Dos Santos 2, 10PM ET Satudray, May 13, on PPV, were you? Good, there's a lot of eyes and ears out there, gotta make sure They don't know our moves. By the way, this is a PPV, so don't ask for streams, that's the easiest way to end up on the grid, with black helicopters circling.

UFC is back in Dallas, where not only are 3/4 of the co and main events previous winners, but the second best conspiracy took place: the Kennedy assassination by "lone gunman", Lee Harvey Oswald. The greatest conspiracy, of course, is the inability to defend the UFC heavyweight title more than two times in a row.

:siren: For the Heavyweight Title:siren:

Stipe Miocic(c)

vs

Junior "Cigano" dos Santos

It’s a heavyweight rematch as two of the few non-fats in the division square off with gold on the line. JDS took a decision win in their first meeting, two years ago. Since then, Stipe’s rattled off 4 wins in a row, while Junior is just 1-1. Can Stipe have a brush with greatness as he looks to tie the all-time record for consecutive heavyweight title defenses at TWO, or will Dos Santos further cement the Curse of the Supperweight?

Conspiracies at play:
  • Stipe actually did tap to Overeem’s guillotine, but it was ignored so Miocic could break the defense record.

• Junior Dos Santos purposefully took two hellacious beatings from Cain Velasquez, sapping Cain of the total number of rounds he’d be able to fight in his career, leaving him susceptible to defeat by Werdum, more injury prone, and unable to break the defense record.

:siren:For the Strawweight Title:siren:

Joanna Jedrzejczyk(c)

vs

Jessica "Bate Estaca" Andrade

Strawweight title is on the line as the second longest reigning among active champions, Polish kickboxer and adorable violence dispenser, Joanna Champion defends her belt for the 5th time against yet another tiny Brazilian, Jessica Andrade. Andrade, a former bantamweight, despite being a mere three apples high, brings both a dangerous submission game and solid punching power to the teensiest division.

Conspiracies at play:
  • Joanna is actually an expensive blender

• Jessica Andrade really is Claudia Gadelha

Welterweight

Demian Maia

vs

Jorge "Gamebred" Masvidal

Could it be, a title eliminator? Maia has won 6 straight, and has been “deserving” of a title shot at like two fights ago. Masvidal has moved up in weight recently, having decided his breakfast brownies are always a good option, and has won his last 3 at 170

Conspiracies at play:
  • Demian Maia hasn’t absorbed many strikes in his last couple of fights because he actually died after the Ryan LaFlare fight. Since he couldn’t finish LaFlare and even got points deducted for stalling and butt flopping in the fifth round, Maia’s jiu-jitsu shame was so great, he took his own life. Now, he exists as a semi-corporeal form, capable of submitting opponents and other, minor tangible activities, but is unable to receive another title shot.

• Jorge Masvidal is the mysterious Pettis uncle that watches Erik Koch bang and double teams chicks with his nephews, Anthony and Sergio. He fled to Miami early in his teens, estranging himself from the Milwaukee branch of his family.

Featherweight

Frankie "The Answer" Edgar

vs

Yair "El Pantera" Rodriguez

Edgar is finally reaching Old Man Age for Tiny Boys, but he might still be skilled enough to beat Rodriguez. Yair, fresh off the murder of BJ Penn, and less fresh off taking Alex Caceres the distance, is looking to add Frankie Edgar to the list of Impressive and Yet Also Relevant Names I Have Beaten. It’d be the first, so Yair really wants to show off his Kick Style in this one. He also wants to become the New New New Mexican face of the UFC, after Tito Ortiz simply existed, Cain Velasquez's decrepitude made itself apparent, and Erik Perez lost to Bryan Caraway.

Conspiracies at play:
  • Frankie Edgar’s striking coach, Mark Henry runs a pizza place. A slice of pizza is shaped like a triangle. A 2-d representation of an Illuminati pyramid looks like a triangle. Frankie Edgar bribed judges to score fights in his favor with pizza.

• Yair is the prototype that Travis Browne was based off of, and it was expected that a heavyweight with such an array of kicks would be unstoppable, but there were severe issues when scaling up in size.

Middleweight

Krzyzstof Jotko

vs

David Branch

The former World Series of Fighting dual middle and light heavyweight champ is finally back in the UFC. Sporting a 10-fight win streak, Branch wants to take every opportunity to showcase himself as a legit talent. Krzysztof Jotko is 19-1, and is riding a 5-fight win streak, all in the UFC.

Conspiracies at play:
  • Despite a 6-1 record in the UFC, Jotko does not actually exist. Think about it, have you ever seen him fight? Of course not. He's about as real as the moon landing.

• Branch, desperate for max exposure in his UFC return bout, violently smashed Henry Cejudo’s hand to bits in order to get on the main card.

Other

F/X Prelims, 8PM ET

Lightweight - Eddie "The Underground King" Alvarez vs Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier :siren: :siren: :siren:
Featherweight - Chas "The Scrapper" Skelly vs Jason "The Kid" Knight :siren: :siren:
Supperweight - Chase "The Vanilla Gorilla" Sherman vs Rashad "Daywalker" Coulter :barf:
Lightweight - James "The Texecutioner" Vick vs Marco "El Toro" Polo Reyes

Fight Pass Prelims, 6:30PM ET

Strawweight - Jessica "JAG" Aguilar vs Cortney "Cast Iron" Casey
Featherweight - Gabriel "Moggly" Benitez vs Enrique "El Fuerte" Barzola
Light Heavyweight - Joachim Christensen vs Gadzhimurad Antigulov

Don't forget to get your Goonweight Picks in!

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
if Junior Dos Santos wins tonight he's the greatest of all time for sure. However, he probably won't, so Stipe is gonna be the greatest. Until Cain comes back but that poo poo ain't happening so it's not even really worth talking about.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
who the actual gently caress is Krzysztof Jotko

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lid posted:

He has a super exotic name like Stipe Miocic so he's probably from Cincinatti

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
According to sherdog Krzysztof Jotko's most recent wins are over Tamdan McCrory and Thales Leites.

New theory.

Krzysztof Jotko is a time traveler from 2008 era UFC that was temporarily erased from existence.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
All of his fights are terrible gas-fests so noone ever remembers them.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lid posted:

he has a dragon ball z tattoo ... iirc .. cant remember if its goku or vegeta. but whichever one he has his last or fight or the fight before was against the guy who had the opposite

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's Vegeta with a cage behind him. I'm Jotko.

Edit:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I'm gonna wear my Joanna T-shirt while I watch the fights.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's Vegeta with a cage behind him. I'm Jotko.

Edit:

Changed mind this is just online matchmaking from UFC Undisputed

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Who wants to give me fight pass so i can watch the prelims

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Quality OP

LobsterMobster posted:

[*]Joanna is actually an expensive blender
lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LobsterMobster posted:

Yair is the prototype that Travis Browne was based off of, and it was expected that a heavyweight with such an array of kicks would be unstoppable, but there were severe issues when scaling up in size.

Jesus Christ :xd:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Who wants to give me fight pass so i can watch the prelims

just watch a stream .. i wont judge.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I havent watched streams in a while & dont know the websites. In a completely unrelated topic that has nothing to do with that, I have open DMs on twitter,

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

edit: NVM I should learn to read

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pretty excited for this card, OP

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

tumor looking batty posted:

Pretty excited for this card, OP

Same here TLB

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I dont really care about either title fight but every single fight is Good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think the jj vs andrade fight will be good. andrade is really strong considering her weight class + biology, she can knock people out. she can submit them too. shes a real challenger and not just the person whos next in line

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i think the jj vs andrade fight will be good. andrade is really strong considering her weight class + biology, she can knock people out. she can submit them too. shes a real challenger and not just the person whos next in line

I think so too. If Joanna wins convincingly itll be really impressive especially since itll be her 5th defense

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I think I'm more excited for Maia Masvidal than I am for any thing else

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

im not particularly excited for any one fight but for a great night of fights

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h717X-Bj_MU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB6Pn6jkZ0Y

I didn't see these posted anywhere.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
And we are live on fight pass.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

A bald white guy guy who does "sambo" and came out to trance hell yea

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Are you pro or antigulov?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Anti gulen.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hmm

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its important to knee your opponent in the rear end after a successful take down

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

its important to knee your opponent in the rear end after a successful take down

This

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Knee your opponent in the butt once or twice to let him know you mean business, then gently choke him out.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is it pronounced Stipe or Stipe

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
so this gadurizaniv antelogulov guy is top 15 now at lhw or what

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Why is this guy nicknamed Moggly?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Both these guys entrance songs sound like Latin American versions of anime theme songs.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ohhh he turnin blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hope my boy Gamebred does some good work tonight

• Locked thread