Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Social Animal posted:

Should we get a quake live/quake champions thread going?

Now in Closed Beta! There's apparently an NDA going on so we can't share screenshots or stream it, but we are still able to discuss the game itself at least and organize ourselves to play together some time... so here's a thread for it. The NDA has been lifted so we're free to discuss it and post screenshots all we want!

:siren: Play with goons! Click here for the Discord invite link. We're in the #quake channel (which you can see after you verify yourself)! You can use the voice channels in there to coordinate.

Jimlit posted:

Confirming this is a great quake.

This is also the most accessible quake. As an example, I convinced my girlfriend to give it a shot. She had never touched a single quake game in her life. I of course waxed on like a dick about rocket launcher play, strafe jumping, map control ect.. for like 40 minutes. She spent her 200k coins on backpacks and then we got into her first real match and...

she loving carried my rear end using the lightning gun exclusively while screaming "SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT STRAFE JUMPING". She end up with like 30 kills and 10 assists. I can't talk about quake anymore in our house.

Zaphod42 posted:

Characters info for the OP:

Ranger
Health (base/max): 100/100
Armour (base/max): 25/75
Speed: 320
Active ability - Dire Orb: Ranger's active ability is a glowing ball that can be thrown and then immediately teleported to. The ability is a homage to Quake’s final boss battle, where players have to perform a telefrag to slay Shub-Niggurath. No doubt telefragging with the Dire Orb will become a popular method of dispatch among pros. The Dire Orb also does damage to any foe that it passes through, making it an effective weapon in corridors.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Passive ability - Son of a Gun: reduces self damage by 25%, which is ideal for rocket-jumping.

Classic hero from Quake 1, solid character good at rocket jumping, special is fun either as grenade or as a teleport beacon like from Unreal Tournament

Visor
Health (base/max): 125/125
Armour (base/max): 25/50
Speed: 300
Active ability - Piercing Eye: Visor's special ability is essentially x-ray vision, which allows him to see through walls and spot targets without them ever knowing. Has a short activation delay and then only lasts for a few seconds, so must be timed appropriately.
Cooldown: 45 seconds
Passive ability - Grasshopper: Visor is able to strafe jump, which means he can accelerate way beyond his base speed.

Returning from Quake 3, one of the best characters for pros because of his passive, but not a good character for newbies. Active ability giving wallhacks is nice but you have to know when to use it and you still have to aim.

Sorlag
Health (base/max): 150/150
Armour (base/max): 50/100
Speed: 270
Active ability - Acid Spit: As the name suggests, it lets the player shoot acid at their foes - it’s incredibly useful for ground control and locking down pickups. Deals damage over time if you hit someone or they walk through it, and can get kills from the grave.
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Passive ability - Bunny Hop: When jumping forward continuously Sorlag builds up speed faster than other characters.

Lizard is back from Q3 and she's pretty great. Bunny hopping for increased speed, not as crazy as Visor's strafejumping speed but gets up there, and the acid spit is really fun for getting easy kills.

Nyx
Health (base/max): 75/75
Active ability - Ghost Walk: using Nyx’s Ghost Walk ability transfers her player into a new dimension, instantly and temporarily making Nyx invincible and immune to all damage. This can be used to escape tense battles, to move behind unsuspecting enemies or to shrug off damage from incoming projectiles.
Passive ability - Wall Jump: not to be confused with a wall run, wall jump effectively allows Nyx to double jump in tight areas, once onto a wall, and then again after a short wall run.

Fun character with a good mix of mobility and evasion, wall-jumping feels really good and gives you alternative ways of getting around, and her special lets you get out of a jam or ambush somebody if used properly, can turn a fight around.

Scalebearer
Health (base/max): 150/200
Armour (base/max): 25/150
Active ability - Bull Rush: Scalebearer's primary ability is a sort of super-charged straight line sprint that kills everything it makes contact with. Bull Rush doesn't quite make the player invincible, but it does reduce damage taken from incoming fire while active.
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Passive ability - Heavyweight: You deal damage just by brushing past your enemies at high speeds or landing on them. This is only activated once you surpass 400 speed.

This demonic linebacker is a new character who is very direct. Use his high base speed and health to get in people's faces, and use his active ability to smash faces.

Anarki
Active ability - Health Injection: Anarki's active ability allows him to instantly heal himself and recieve a permanent maximum health boost. After using Health Injection, Anarki also gets a speed boost that lasts for five seconds.
Passive ability - Hoverboard Air Control: Anarki is already one of the fastest Champions in the game, but the hoverboard means he can actually gain speed as he strafe-jumps. In addition, his hoverboard awards a special passive ability that allows players more control in mid-air to turn sharply and chase down enemies or escape those who dare follow him up a jump pad.

Returning from Q3, the hoverboard punk gains some drugs for self-healing and gets superior air mobility because of his hoverboard and strafe jumping. Solid choice, especially for pros.

Slash
Armour (base/max): 0/25
Speed: 310
Active ability - Plasma Trail: Slash’s Plasma Trail primary ability lets her leave a damaging electric trail behind her wherever she goes for a few seconds. This can be used to cut off pathways or deter other players from chasing her. Better still, Slash can trigger that trail to explode on a whim, killing anything caught in its wake. It’s the ideal ability for shaking enemies off you tail or taking control of key map points.
Passive ability - Crouch Slide: Slash’s passive ability lets her drop to her knees while running without losing any speed - this makes her a smaller target, but also temporarily boosts her turn speed allowing her to surprise tailing players.

Also returning from Q3, Slash's ability can be pretty good for getting out of a tough spot and possibly getting a free kill off it, but not sure how effective she is overall.

Clutch
Speed: 280
Active ability - Barrier: Places a barrier that can temporarily deflect all incoming damage and block enemies from passing through it. Clutch can shoot through the shield, but to stop this from being too overpowered the barrier will deactivate for a short amount of time with each shot.
Passive abilities - Still Defense: Clutch gets a 20% damage reduction boost when standing still. Acceleration: running forward without changing direction will rapidly increase Clutch’s movement speed.

New character, good starting health and speed and some defensive abilties... probably good for newbies since he's meant to run and not jump, so this guy seems trash for good players, nobody's playing him.

Galena
Active ability - Unholy Totem: Galena’s primary ability lets her place a healing totem that gradually heals her and any teammates within its radius. Of course it wouldn’t be very Quake to have a straightforward healer character, so Galena’s Unholy Totem also deals lethal damage to any enemy Champion that crosses its path.
Passive ability - Channeling: this passive ability lets Galena redeploy her Unholy Totem by chipping a fraction off its cooldown timer with every health bubble walked over.

Another new character, this one seems meant for support for team games? Again probably good for newbies but seems kinda garbage and nobody is playing her.

I'll circle back and edit this to make a more informative OP if there's some interest/discussion in the game on this forum.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Via the email I recieved yesterday (May 12th):

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Abilities are goofy but mostly don't draw away from the Quake

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Pomp posted:

There's really only one good one, and that's the Dire Orb.

All in all, this game's okay, but concerning.

But hey, I can finally run around with a nail gun.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Pomp posted:

I thoroughly enjoy barfing on people.

Also, in the game.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

The Kins posted:

I thoroughly enjoy barfing on people.

Also, in the game.

I really wish that Anarki's ability gave you a little bit more HP so that by the end of a typical TDM match you'd be as tanky as the tankiest guy in the game. For me, I can only get up to like 110-ish health. That way, for the final minute or two of a match you'd be just as tanky as the rest of the other characters.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Is it me or does the rocket launcher just feel off?

Either way, the announcer for this game sounds as bored as I am playing this.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Night Blade posted:

Is it me or does the rocket launcher just feel off?
There is currently a known bug that causes slight delay between clicking and firing the RL.
Also because they're collecting data on gameplay that can cause a bit of latency and the like.

Besides that I am having a great time with the game atm and I assume the RL thing will be fixed relatively soon since the devs know about it. Once everything runs smoothly I will be playing this pretty much nonstop tbh

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 13, 2017

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ps:
https://clips.twitch.tv/LaconicSuspiciousRavenBloodTrail
https://clips.twitch.tv/IronicPopularPenguinDAESuppy

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I wish you can grab the armor shards immediately when they pop out instead of having to wait.

Also nail gun sucks, I want the plasma gun back. The game is fun and I really want to like it but I feel like being in this beta is ruining it for me. It just makes me load up quake live instead. Like I wish I saved myself for when the game was fully released or something.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

this game has been laggy af for me every time i've tried playing it, and I've gotten dc'd for being idle while actively playing. I don't know what the deal is, its literally just in this game. also the nailgun sounds like poo poo compared to the quake one.

edit: also also the shambler head being furry is blasphemy. john romero has always been wrong about that. a large number of the monsters in quake are based on SANDY PETERSENS ILLUSTRATIONS FOR THE CALL OF CTHULHU PEN AND PAPER GAME INCLUDING THE DARK SPAWN AND THE SHAMBLER WHICH WAS FLABBY AND GROSS AND NOT FURRY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 13, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Public service announcement: gently caress the goddamn lizard.

This concludes the public service announcement.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I will happily continue getting double and triple kills beyond the grave with the lizard because a pack of idiots all charge around a corner to kill me while I vomit all over them

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I honestly always thought the Shambler was supposed to be furry.

Also drug addict is the best character gotta go fast.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

I honestly always thought the Shambler was supposed to be furry.

Also drug addict is the best character gotta go fast.

Love it when the announcers deadpan voice says junky.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pomp posted:

Yeah that's how I feel.

Having fun jumping around blasting people with rockets regardless.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Social Animal posted:

Love it when the announcers deadpan voice says junky.

I almost died laughing when he went "choo choo" after killing two dudes in one Scalebearer charge.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Nyx and Anarki are super close to CPMA style movement especially Anarki with strafe jumps. The lightning gun is a little overpowered right now and the rocket launcher feels like absolute dog poo poo but the shotgun and rail feel pretty good already.

Kind of sucks there's no Plasma Gun right now for corner climbs. Overall the trail weapons just feel weird and unfinished along with 80% of the rest of the game. Also, set a frame limit of 165fps otherwise the microstuttering is unbelievably terrible but that almost might be the incredible memory leak the game develops in 3 matches, but it is a Bethesda title so a memory leak is expected.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

nerdrum posted:

Nyx and Anarki are super close to CPMA style movement especially Anarki with strafe jumps. The lightning gun is a little overpowered right now and the rocket launcher feels like absolute dog poo poo but the shotgun and rail feel pretty good already.

Kind of sucks there's no Plasma Gun right now for corner climbs. Overall the trail weapons just feel weird and unfinished along with 80% of the rest of the game. Also, set a frame limit of 165fps otherwise the microstuttering is unbelievably terrible but that almost might be the incredible memory leak the game develops in 3 matches, but it is a Bethesda title so a memory leak is expected.

The super nailgun IS the plasma gun, reskinned.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Shotgun up close is super powerful and it's pretty much my preferred weapon right now.

Rockets feel really poor. The weak knock back leading to crappy juggling really makes me sad.

Nail gun is good for spamming hallways when waiting for your point to charge. Otherwise meh.

All the sounds seem to happen 200ms after they should... really throws me off.

No footsteps sounds also suck. Using sound to find enemies sucks in general.

Is there matchmaking? If so it's complete garbage and I apologize to everyone I pub stomp. Would be nice to try this in more competitive matches.

Maybe there is a game here - doubt it will manage to be popular because it will be hard for new players to grasp what to do. My go to quake fix will still be quake live.

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 13, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Characters info for the OP:

Ranger
Active ability - Dire Orb: Ranger's active ability is a glowing ball that can be thrown and then immediately teleported to. The ability is a homage to Quake’s final boss battle, where players have to perform a telefrag to slay Shub-Niggurath. No doubt telefragging with the Dire Orb will become a popular method of dispatch among pros. The Dire Orb also does damage to any foe that it passes through, making it an effective weapon in corridors.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Passive ability - Son of a Gun: reduces self damage by 25%, which is ideal for rocket-jumping.

Classic hero from Quake 1, solid character good at rocket jumping, special is fun either as grenade or as a teleport beacon like from Unreal Tournament

Visor
Health (base/max): 125/125
Active ability - Piercing Eye: Visor's special ability is essentially x-ray vision, which allows him to see through walls and spot targets without them ever knowing. Has a short activation delay and then only lasts for a few seconds, so must be timed appropriately.
Passive ability - Grasshopper: Visor is able to strafe jump, which means he can accelerate way beyond his base speed.

Returning from Quake 3, one of the best characters for pros because of his passive, but not a good character for newbies. Active ability giving wallhacks is nice but you have to know when to use it and you still have to aim.

Sorlag
Active ability - Acid Spit: As the name suggests, it lets the player shoot acid at their foes - it’s incredibly useful for ground control and locking down pickups. Deals damage over time if you hit someone or they walk through it, and can get kills from the grave.
Passive ability - Bunny Hop: When jumping forward continuously Sorlag builds up speed faster than other characters.

Lizard is back from Q3 and she's pretty great. Bunny hopping for increased speed, not as crazy as Visor's strafejumping speed but gets up there, and the acid spit is really fun for getting easy kills.

Nyx
Active ability - Ghost Walk: using Nyx’s Ghost Walk ability transfers her player into a new dimension, instantly and temporarily making Nyx invincible and immune to all damage. This can be used to escape tense battles, to move behind unsuspecting enemies or to shrug off damage from incoming projectiles.
Passive ability - Wall Jump: not to be confused with a wall run, wall jump effectively allows Nyx to double jump in tight areas, once onto a wall, and then again after a short wall run.

Fun character with a good mix of mobility and evasion, wall-jumping feels really good and gives you alternative ways of getting around, and her special lets you get out of a jam or ambush somebody if used properly, can turn a fight around.

Scalebearer
Health (base/max): 150/200
Armour (base/max): 25/150
Active ability - Bull Rush: Scalebearer's primary ability is a sort of super-charged straight line sprint that kills everything it makes contact with. Bull Rush doesn't quite make the player invincible, but it does reduce damage taken from incoming fire while active.
Passive ability - Heavyweight: You deal damage just by brushing past your enemies at high speeds or landing on them. This is only activated once you surpass 400 speed.

This demonic linebacker is a new character who is very direct. Use his high base speed and health to get in people's faces, and use his active ability to smash faces.

Anarki
Active ability - Health Injection: Anarki's active ability allows him to instantly heal himself and recieve a permanent maximum health boost. After using Health Injection, Anarki also gets a speed boost that lasts for five seconds.
Passive ability - Hoverboard Air Control: Anarki is already one of the fastest Champions in the game, but the hoverboard means he can actually gain speed as he strafe-jumps. In addition, his hoverboard awards a special passive ability that allows players more control in mid-air to turn sharply and chase down enemies or escape those who dare follow him up a jump pad.

Returning from Q3, the hoverboard punk gains some drugs for self-healing and gets superior air mobility because of his hoverboard and strafe jumping. Solid choice, especially for pros.

Slash
Armour (base/max): 0/25
Speed: 310
Active ability - Plasma Trail: Slash’s Plasma Trail primary ability lets her leave a damaging electric trail behind her wherever she goes for a few seconds. This can be used to cut off pathways or deter other players from chasing her. Better still, Slash can trigger that trail to explode on a whim, killing anything caught in its wake. It’s the ideal ability for shaking enemies off you tail or taking control of key map points.
Passive ability - Crouch Slide: Slash’s passive ability lets her drop to her knees while running without losing any speed - this makes her a smaller target, but also temporarily boosts her turn speed allowing her to surprise tailing players.

Also returning from Q3, Slash's ability can be pretty good for getting out of a tough spot and possibly getting a free kill off it, but not sure how effective she is overall.

Clutch
Active ability - Barrier: Places a barrier that can temporarily deflect all incoming damage and block enemies from passing through it. Clutch can shoot through the shield, but to stop this from being too overpowered the barrier will deactivate for a short amount of time with each shot.
Passive abilities - Still Defense: Clutch gets a 20% damage reduction boost when standing still. Acceleration: running forward without changing direction will rapidly increase Clutch’s movement speed.

New character, good starting health and speed and some defensive abilties... probably good for newbies since he's meant to run and not jump, so this guy seems trash for good players, nobody's playing him.

Galena
Active ability - Unholy Totem: Galena’s primary ability lets her place a healing totem that gradually heals her and any teammates within its radius. Of course it wouldn’t be very Quake to have a straightforward healer character, so Galena’s Unholy Totem also deals lethal damage to any enemy Champion that crosses its path.
Passive ability - Channeling: this passive ability lets Galena redeploy her Unholy Totem by chipping a fraction off its cooldown timer with every health bubble walked over.

Another new character, this one seems meant for support for team games? Again probably good for newbies but seems kinda garbage and nobody is playing her.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 13, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Galena is only gonna see play in a compete squad who coordinates to move as one as a murder ball and drops a totem after each fight. As a solo queue pick she'll be like any other healer picked solo in a team game hot trash

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
sorlag has a really nice combo of HP and decent speed imo

Zaphod42 posted:

The super nailgun IS the plasma gun, reskinned.
except the projectiles are smaller which makes it harder to tell exactly where they are which makes it harder to figure out the travel time and get used to how much you gotta lead the shots at different distances.
gimme my big blue balls

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Galena is only gonna see play in a compete squad who coordinates to move as one as a murder ball and drops a totem after each fight. As a solo queue pick she'll be like any other healer picked solo in a team game hot trash
well, healers are absolutely mandatory solo or not in overwatch

but that's because healing is really really strong in that game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah I miss the blue balls, and the plasma sound was classic.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

All my duels are really one sided. I'm either against someone whose only fps is overwatch or I'm getting stomped by Rapha or carnage or w/e

I really like Slash's crouch sliding. I never played quake 4 so its new and fun to me

I wish I could turn ambient noise down and I wish we had plasma instead of super nailgun.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I expected newbie players who don't know that jumping is a faster way to get around. What I didn't expect were newbie kids who have never played CTF before in their lives.

You get the skull and you bring it to your base its not rocket science guys :doh:

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Placing the totem as a tripmine outside a teleporter is incredibly obnoxious, expect to see that a lot in casual games.

Zaphod42 posted:

I expected newbie players who don't know that jumping is a faster way to get around. What I didn't expect were newbie kids who have never played CTF before in their lives.

You get the skull and you bring it to your base its not rocket science guys :doh:

The problem is there is no 'base' exactly. Whoever gets the first skull gets to decide which obelisk they play for the rest of the round. That's what causing the confusion among new players. You only get to know what your 'base' is once the first obelisk is activated, which is very poorly communicated within the game.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 13, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Bloodmobile posted:

The problem is there is no 'base' exactly. Whoever gets the first skull gets to decide which obelisk they play for the rest of the round. That's what causing the confusion among new players. You only get to know what your 'base' is once the first obelisk is activated, which is very poorly communicated within the game.

That's a fair point. You should just spawn at one and have it default to yours.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

cougar cub posted:

Is there matchmaking? If so it's complete garbage and I apologize to everyone I pub stomp. Would be nice to try this in more competitive matches.

In my experience Betas never have good matchmaking. The ELO algorithm requires lots of matches to be played to figure out where to rank people. Once most people are ranked, an individual can be ranked with only a few matches against them, but when the entire sea of players is new to a game and everybody defaults to 1000, it takes many matches to actually figure out where to place people.

Think about it, starting off one pro beats another pro and you end up with one pro at like 1100 ELO and another pro at like 900 ELO. When in actuality, both of them should be like 3100 and other bad players should be at 900. It takes time to shake it all out.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think the reason you're allowed to pick which obelisk is yours in Sacrifice is that you can pick a location that works better for your team and can give you a big advantage over choosing which you want to defend based on your teams strengths. I think as people get used to the mode first capture is gonna be very hotly contested cause of that

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm not the biggest Quake aficionado but I had some good times with the old games and Quake Live so I decided to give it a shot. It feels pretty fun, nothing mindblowing really. The character abilities are a lot less drastic than I expected them to be. Rocket jumping feels really good to my amateur self. If this was a paid-for game I'd be extremely wary but as an F2P title I can see myself spending some time with it, it's pretty no-frills.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I think the reason you're allowed to pick which obelisk is yours in Sacrifice is that you can pick a location that works better for your team and can give you a big advantage over choosing which you want to defend based on your teams strengths. I think as people get used to the mode first capture is gonna be very hotly contested cause of that

It seems like it might give you too much of an advantage, especially on Burial Chamber. The obelisk next to the red armor is just an impenetrable fortress with just a couple of tiny choke points you can attack it from and ample high ground and resources spawning in there for the defenders. If you can get the first obelisk activation on both rounds, it feels like there's very little the other team can do to come back. I think it would be much more balanced to have both teams start with a specific obelisk, then flip it between rounds. Then for the possible tiebreaker have it work how it does now.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Oh yeah the new duel mode kinda sucks. In the classic duel modes it's not a big deal to be down 3 frags because there's usually time to make a comeback. If you're down 3 frags in quake champions you've lost a round. I guess they changed things because it's easier for new players to go 0-6 in 3 minutes than 0-30 in 10 minutes but all the experienced players I know think it's lame. There used to be a variant on duel mode called Hooneymode which was just like a regular duel except when someone got a frag all the items and players respawned (you switched spawns every frag). I always thought that mode was good for new players because they get a clean slate every frag and will eventually get some items. Meanwhile experienced players are okay with it because it still allows for comebacks.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the game is good

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I havent ran into any fps or stuttering issues yet. Class wise Ranger is where it's at cause teleport.

Nyx is good too, most people use the ability defensively but I've been destroying people by chasing them, using it and letting it break while on top of them as it's an Insta kill. Works great in TDM when a team is moving together. Pop one of them and shotgun / lighting gun down the rest.

I haven't tried the poison spitting guy nor have I ran into someone playing him (or if they have at least not effectively). I'll try him out tonight. His slowness made me avoid him.

People seem to like Anarki but Nyx seems like a better pick, she's fast as gently caress too.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah its a cool idea that lets you play CTF on asymmetric maps which is normally a problem, but... its still a bit of a problem, like Bloodmobile said.

96 spacejam posted:

I haven't tried the poison spitting guy nor have I ran into someone playing him (or if they have at least not effectively). I'll try him out tonight. His slowness made me avoid him.

Sorlag is only slow if you aren't jumping which you should be all the time.

Visor and Anarki are probably the fastest if you play them right, followed by Sorlag, followed by everybody else.

Pro picks: Visor, Anarki, Sorlag, Ranger, Nyx in that order IMO

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 13, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

my favorite of the tanks is Scalebearer, he's even better than Sorlag imo

plays well in duel too

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.
I hope they make a classic mode because I want to like this but the abilities and classes are loving stupid.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
There's already a classic mode confirmed. But also, like... quake live and reflex arena already exist, why wouldn't you just play those if you're not interested in something with different stuff than classic quake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

IronicDongz posted:

There's already a classic mode confirmed. But also, like... quake live and reflex arena already exist, why wouldn't you just play those if you're not interested in something with different stuff than classic quake?

Just add the Nail Gun into both and Quake Champs can die in a fire probably.

Like, why did we need these skins to have gameplay changes again