Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
These threads are always a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Raxivace posted:

Athrun? You seem to be confused, Alex Dino is the one who wears glasses like Quattro.

They're lovely sunglasses, too: We can still see Athrun's eyes (don't bullshit me, the most important part of a disguise like this is that the only person it fools is the guy wearing it) through them, unlike the pair Char wears through Zeta, which were apparently made out of one-way tinted glass for how effectively it blocks his eyes out.

That said, it's more effort than Athrun went to in SRW Z, where it's just Athrun wearing a loving jacket and turtleneck, and insisting his name is Alex:

YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY, BLUE-HAIRED CHAR

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

...Linebarrel's of those deconstructive sorts of series, isn't it?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Onmi posted:

Oh, Brunom also hasn't mentioned the actual miracle that SRW L pulled off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlm-Y4PUacc

Making Kitei no Tsurugi sound remotely good.

It's amazing how much better this song sounds without the vocals. Like, I heard this version first, thought "Well, this is the immediate winner of the BGMs so far", decided to look up the actual OP, regretted it the second the vocals kicked in.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Alacron posted:

So Godannar has a character who looks like he stepped out of a Go Nagai series, and his name is Kouji Tetsuya? :allears:

Subtlety is not Godannar's strong suit.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

I know we're right around the part in SEED Destiny where the writers start making GBS threads relentlessly on Bootleg Kamille Shinn now that they have Bootleg Amuro Kira back to play with again, but is this also around the part where the show's quality does a quintuple backflip corkscrew swandive directly into the gaping maw of Hell yet, or does that come later?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

I dunno why you guys are so surprised about Kouichi taking his sweet time in joining the party; the most obviously busted unit playing hard-to-get is a time honored SRW tradition.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

You mean I have to take Introduction to Super Robots again!? I thought my credits from MXU carried over!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

: That doesn’t sound like you, Mister. Those who don’t give up always win, right? You’re not going to be saving your dad from the Darius with that wimpy attitude.
: Dick… Yeah, you’re right. The second you give up, then it’s all over!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you shouldn't name a character Dick. And in a game with Godannar too, no less...

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

HiKaizer posted:

The one good thing you can say about K is that it had a fun and surprising series list.

I maintain that K's greatest sin was being the game that introduced Gun X Sword to the series. Because god drat, GxS deserved so much better for it's debut and now we'll probably never see it in a SRW again outside of maybe X-Omega.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Yo, Rushbird, what's your favorite condiment?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Great Zeorymer WOULD oneshot both of them from full health with Infernal Hades, but that's the thing: from full health.

Let Guy fully activate Prevail, and he could probably absorb enough damage to take a single shot.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Materant posted:

If Brunom does do UX (and my hat's off to him if he does, it's a really good game but it's buggy as poo poo, not to mention the difficulty of emulating 3DS games), you'll see a much, much better representation of Linebarrels.

I'm almost certain that The 3DS hard-crashing when the Shining Trapezohedrons collide is 100% intentional.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Alacron posted:

Knock it off Char, you're not even in this game.

Of course not. Destiny is Bootleg Zeta, we have Even Worse Disguise Quattro!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Brunom1 posted:

: In truth, even the MAGI are giving this a 99% chance of failure… Can this plan of yours even be called a strategy?
: At least it’s a 1% chance of success.

Where's Taiga when you need him to talk about turning non-zero odds into 100% likelihood with the power of Bravery?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Well, now somebody has to do UX to see if they point out the similarity there.

(UX has Trailblazer and manga Linebarrels, for the unfamiliar.)

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

UX is worth LPing just to get a single secret: Andrei Smirnov, who brings Patrick as a bonus. No really, you do a bunch of steps to recruit Andrei, and you get Patrick for free as well. Andrei's GN-XIV is also hilariously one of the better animated units in the game.

Oh, and to show off how easily Zhuge Liang can shatter the game over his knee by being set as your Tactician.

Is Zhuge Liang the Tactician that turns off Evasion Decay? Because I thought the sheer power of that made whoever it was the best one.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Has SRW ever even really bothered with Combattler's plot?

Is it even worth bothering with?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Welp, so much for our dreams of Gundam WEED. Now Rey's probably gonna go turncoat just like Z, since there hasn't been any Rey-centric secret. At least we got another garbo squaddie to make up for the loss of the best mook-sweeper in the game.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Should I even be surprised when this sudden boost in competence vanishes in the screen transition to Intermission?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Montegoraon posted:

: There's only one perfect, omnipotent being, and she prefers the color pink.
DOM troopers: All hail God-Empress Lacus Clyne!

Well, that's about as good of a cue to finally post Darth Lacus as I could hope for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTw2YT6FeeE

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Ashsaber posted:

Block a colony drop with a counter-drop? Thats kind of a hilarious image.

I mean, it can't be much different from when Axis Zeon crashed Axis into the Gate of Zedan. Just take out the part where you tear the whole thing in half.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Man, this game really has a thing for sticking combination sequences at the end of attacks, huh?

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

You all had better listen to that, if for no other reason than to appreciate how good this series' sound design can be!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

HitTheTargets posted:

Iczer-1

Full upgrade her into a Perfect 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Merry Christmas.

• Locked thread