Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -
Aspects: None

The franctic run down the stairs right behind Shin sent her heart racing, the sound of the horse-like creatures falling down the stairs driving her to boosts of speed. She was glad she was used to heavier footwear from farm work back home, or she might have joined them in making a hard spill down the stairs.

The exit was in front of them though. Get out of this school. Get to safety. Find someone. Get away from them. Don't stop for anything. Some demon was near the side, not paying attention to them. Just run and get out. Except... what is the demon paying attention to? She briefly gazed at the cellphone, that she was still clutching in her hand. She briefly slowed down to look at it, and saw there were some other people in there. "Shin, there's people trapped there!" She called out. She stopped. What was she doing? What could she do?

Look. It's clear what these things are, right? Demons. Her family taught her about things like that, and what is done to them. Took her to temples. Taught her properly. Did she actually believe in any of that, or was it just as much pageantry as daytime television? "I'm... I'm going to try something. Either it works, or maybe it'll distract it, so the people inside there can escape."

She stepped forward, slamming the boot loudly on the floor, and started repeating the same sentence. 'harai tamae kiyome tamae rokkon shōjō'" There were kami. And they'd help her. She shouldn't think of second plans. Just... do this, do this properly, and... purify. And she started moving as she'd seen people do at the rituals back home. Slow, deliberate, forcing herself to look straight at the demon and not flinch. It was just dirt. Just uncleanliness. She had the knowledge to clean this. And so, trembling, she started to perform an Izumo-ryū kagura.

Going to try to Perform an Exoricsm on the Demon, a Clever +1 attempt to create an advantage
Cleverly create an advantadge: 4dF+1 -1 Use 1 FP to reroll that
Cleverly create an advantadge: 4dF+1 1
,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

It was a mad dash through several floors, with the stairs giving Shin and Rumiko precious extra seconds to spare in their flight. They were almost to the exit, when Rumiko shouted out about the people trapped in the closet. Shin halts his sprint, trying to turn around and figure out just what to do; thoughts of running and survival banished from his head as he quickly plans out his next few moves. That gives him time to see Rumiko doing… something. He hops backwards, angling himself out of opposing pairs way, but giving himself space enough to charge in as needed. With the red man-thing ahead of them and the horse monsters close behind, Shin hopes the entrapped people can escape quickly.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME


Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect: Exhausted!

Yumiko gasped a bit when Seka dragged her around all of a sudden, but followed her lead nonetheless.

They sat motionless in the janitor closet for what felt like an eternity. "What a day..." Yumiko whispered. "Can't believe we gotta hide in the make-out closet from... Whatever that is."

After making sure the door was locked, Yumiko did her best to hide herself and Seka. The neon strips on her clothes gave a light fluorescent shine under the door, so she pressed herself into the corner to minimalize the exposure on her side and back, and she pulled Seka against her to block as much light from her front as well. Then, remembering this was a thing people did in movies, she clutched her hand around Seka's mouth to make sure she wouldn't make so much as a gasp.

And then, they waited.

Yumiko hoped whatever was out there would just walk past the closet. She made a mental note to check if the "quit" button was available on her app yet, as soon as the monster was gone.

Overcome to Sneakily hide in the closet until the coast is clear: 4dF+3 = 6! (Rolled in Discord chat.)

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


The Educational System

The Oni is distracted for the smallest of moments by the fact that this human has decided to try to pray it away. It turns around, staring at them for a moment, before getting an idea of how to deal with the lock on the door. With a surprisingly quick motion, it grabs one of Rumiko's arms as she continues her gesturing, then slams her against a nearby locker to get this human out of the way of their runway.

Allocate 3 Stress however you wish.

It then begins backing up, past where Shin was, albeit ignoring or not noticing him, and then charges, barreling into and sending the door crashing into the small space, leaving a lot of hurt in its wake. While the door slams into Seka and Yumiko, they managed to pick a position that kept them from being spotted soon after, as long as this creature doesn't step inside, which it doesn't seem intent on given that it doesn't see anything in there and has a human girl it can approach right now.

Ouch, Seka and Yumiko allocate 6 Stress.

With the door down, the two girls inside can see the aftermath and the Oni's new target. Seka and Yumiko's phones have been, effectively, smashed by the attack. Or at least, it sure looks like it, given that when you reach for them again, you see reflective glass rather than your phone's screen, which may also have come from somewhere in the closet. Regardless of its source, there's something deeply odd about what you're seeing in the reflection. You see something that, while not in any way physically resembling you, feels normal to be looking at, like it's still you. It appears to be reaching out to you. A peculiar word comes to your mind...

The Aspect Faked Out has been applied to the Oni. Seka and Yumiko can use this to get a free Invoke on their next roll to either flee or, well, you know what's coming.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

“Rat Fucker!” Shin shouts out as Rumiko becomes intimately familiar with the locker door. He’s already charging as the red creature manages to knock apart the closet door. Standing stock still, dumbfounded by whatever it did or didn’t find, gives Shin enough time to angle up perfectly. Leaping forward from just a few feet away, Shin turns his body so he is facing the behemoth. Sailing through the air with a furious grin, he angles his hand just right and wraps it around the bastards horn. His movement through the air and the force of his pull rips the beasts head to the side and away from the closet. Shin let’s go just before he loses all momentum while screaming “Dunked on Shithead!”, letting him land and roll a few feet away. Twirling as he gets up, he offers the monster the one finger salute of cocky assholes everywhere. “Come and get it!”

Flashily Create and Advantage: "Dunked On!": 4dF+3 3

The Deleter
May 22, 2010


Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]
Aspects: None

Are you afraid?

What a dumb question to ask herself. She was terrified. She was going to die lying on the floor of a closet in a creepy demon world. Was it her asking the question?

I was afraid too, once. I felt the fear one feels when there is no escape. But you have a chance. Death is not certain.

Seka looked up, past Yumiko's pained expression, to her phone on the floor of the closet. It reflected back at her. She saw her face. Her (real?) face, clad in gold, eyes blind. A suggestion of wings and sunlight.

Why don't we share our power? You who desires to fight for those who cannot, call upon me.

She scrabbled out from under the door, crawling towards her phone. She was dimly aware of Yumiko doing the same besides her.

I am thou. Thou art I.

She reached her phone, picked it up.

I am Icarus. Come with me and we will seize the sun in our hands.

The word came unbidden to her lips, even as she brought her bruised fist down onto her screen and shattered the glass.

"PERSONA!"

A figure leapt from her phone screen in a whirl of gold feathers, metal clinking, sunlight. She didn't need words - she turned, now up on one knee, and pointed a shaking finger at the demon. Icarus filled the space, wind erupting from its wings like razorblades.

(Flashily Attacking. 4dF - (bb+-) = 0, +2, +2 from Faked Out, +2 from the oni being DUNKED ON, spending 1FP to invoke the Tower due to the pretty dramatic change happening right now = +8. Rolled this in chat.)

The Deleter fucked around with this message at May 18, 2017 around 16:24

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME


Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [X] [X] [X]
Aspect: Exhausted!

Yumiko lay on her stomach, feeling numb all over. Her head hurt, partially from the impact, partially from exhaustion, and her body refused to cooperate when she wanted it to stand up.

This is it, she thought to herself. I'm empty. Done for. Batteries are nil.

She resigned herself to her fate.

Do not despair, my child.

She gasped. Was this mom's voice? Was she here?

No, that voice was nothing alike mom's. Yumiko had no idea why it reminded her of her mother.

I can feel your heart ache. You know no help is coming, yet you refuse to leap into action.


"I'm afraid," Yumiko whispered. Nevertheless, she picked herself up. Standing upright sounded daunting, but each motion individually was manageable enough. First, her right arm. Then, her left. Then, arch the hips, gently push. There we go.

You are afraid of disappointing. But I wonder: who would be disappointed in you for leaping into action, even if you failed? Your friends in need, or yourself?

Yumiko stared into the shards. Through them, she could see a divine woman, pale like porcelain and surrounded by stars in the obsidian blackness.

Next to her, Seka roared thunderously, and a radiant figure rose from before her, striking the Oni with all its might. It seemed insufficient to vanquish the demon.

Let the moonlight pierce the fogs of doubt! Gaze unto yourself, and recognize the strength that you hide.

I am thou. Thou art I.

Yumiko raised her right hand, and held her thumb and index finger in an L-shape, like a movie director looking for the perfect shot. In her left hand, she raised a shard of glass to her chest, clutching it like a precious jewel.

She gauged the distance between herself and the Oni, using Shin and her fingers as points of reference.

I am Ka-Ata-Quilla. Together, when the night is dark, and the people afraid, we shall grow like the moon and illuminate a path in the void.

"Per... so... na."

Yumiko broke the glass in her left hand.

A woman wrapped in a cloak of darkness rose up before her, her hands cupped around a small, baseball-sized moon, which spun dangerously fast. The woman released it, and the moon coiled around Yumiko for several cycles, then shot forward like a bullet released from a sling. It struck the Oni in the head with such force that the moon shattered on impact and the shrapnel riddled the wall behind it with holes.

Carefully Attacking the Oni with a Moon Shot (+2 careful stat, +2 to carefully attack to the last enemy to be attacked by an ally, +4 from the advantages) = 8! Rolled 0 in chat.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun



Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspects: None

Alright, points of notice.

1) This is a world on the other side of the mirror. Judging by all the names of 'Cocoa Fat and Sugar Bar' and 'Fried Potato Slices in Salt' and 'Caffine' this was some sort of weird They Live shenanigans. Noted.
2) The way it seemed the clerk was reaching for something when he was suspicious of me says humans aren't entirely welcome here either, also noted. I'll play along with this charade for the moment because it's probably the only way I am going to avoid immediate trouble.
3) He's probably going to say nothing else unless I buy something. That isn't unnatural that's just human nature. Maybe this world is also a reflection of human nature too in some, weird ethereal way.


"Yeah I could go for some 'Extra Caffeine', one second." He thought about getting out his wallet and paying with money, but he was not entirely certain his 'Yen' would be a good as their 'Yen', who knows it might be mirrored or something so he thought about reaching for his card instead and. It was already in his hand, just as he was thinking about it, just it was like it was there all along, ready to hand over.

"Wow that's handy, I'll pay by card please." He said the clerk, handing it over. As his 'Extra Caffeine with added Vanilla Flavouring' was acquired, he decided to engage in questioning disguised as small talk. "Say, I've heard some weird crap about fleshies sort of tripping into our world on accident lately, but that can't be true right? Is that even possible?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at May 18, 2017 around 17:52

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]
Aspects: None

Nothing. It did nothing. Rumiko's price was hurt, thought not quite as hurt as her forehead as she was slammed up against the lockers. Stupid. So stupid. She wasn't any kind of priest. Just some dumb girl from the country at the wrong place at the wrong time. She heard the crashing of the door, the screams of the girls inside. She was so useless. She leaned heavily up against the locker.

Shin's voice interrupted her melancholy, delivering a hard smack on the demon, distracting her from the girls inside. It was distracted! She moved to go inside, figuring she'd have to carry at least one of the girls, considering what that... thing had done to them.

"There's more comin'. We gotta get the heck outta... here."

What the...

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 18, 2017 around 20:08

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Small Conveniences

The hooded one gives you another weird look, before seemingly remembering something. "Falling in? gently caress no, that doesn't happen. Those meatbags on the other side got no idea about this place. Only time someone would know is when they get Snatched, and by then it's too late for them to tell anyone. But I mean, everyone knows about the Snatchers." He sighs. "Not that they show up very often, that's for sure..."


The Educational System

The Oni looks at Shin, enraged that something else has appeared and deigned to attack it. It raises up a fist to strike, when a tornado of cuts ensnares it, slicing at it viciously. This force, whatever it is, has most definitively hurt the creature, and hurt it to the point where it reels for a moment before snapping around to face its attacker again, ready to charge forward. Instead, it receives a cannonball to the face. A very loud and painful CRUNCH noise follows as its neck twists in a way it was clearly not meant to in order to allow the ball to pass, at which point the ball and its shrapnel crash into a locker, destroying the door and, likely, most of its contents. Speaking of contents, the demon itself seems to explode into a shower of sparks and small yen denominations.

Seka and Yumiko's phones, seemingly repaired by an unseen force, now have a glass-backed phone case, showing the reflection of themselves they saw and summoned. The farmgirl's is cracked similarly to the other two's just a moment prior, as well. The explanation and discussion between the four people there would have to be brief, however, as, true to Rumiko's words, there is a sound of clambering hooves as, yet again, a bunch of green horse-like creatures crash down the stairs, very obviously agitated.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

The Oni shatters before Shin and a greedy little thought enters his head; all that money would be the equivalent of a shift or two at the fast food joint. His mum might be able to buy new clothes for the brats instead of repairing some old hand me downs… But that would have to wait.

He rushes back up to the closet where the surviving pair and Rumiko are standing. “Are we all good? Like Rumiko said, we’ve got more on the way.” All three look winded, but they’re still standing. Shin almost doesn’t recognise the pair, but it soon become obvious enough; Yumiko and Seka from class. There isn’t any chance to catch up though as the clip clopping of the approaching horse monsters set’s everyone on edge. He wants to stop, make sure everyone is alright, maybe run and hide but the stark clarity that has saved many a game going bad returns to Shin like an old friend. Hiding won’t do any good right now.

Looking around quickly, Shin spots a few of the more intact pieces of debris. He hefts it in one hand and gives it an experimental few swings; he’s never used a weapon before, so he doesn’t what good it might do, but it’s got to be better then using his fists, right? Well, he would soon. “Get ready, they’re nearly here.”

Forcefully Create an Advantage; Going Clubbing: 4dF+2 3
Just to provide a little more oomph for Shin during the coming fight.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME


Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [X] [X] [X]
Aspect: Exhausted!

"Seka-chan... What was that, just now?"

Yumiko's hands trembled. She felt like something inside of her had broken... But nothing important. Quite the contrary: it felt as if a chain around her heart had snapped, and it could finally beat freely.

She shook her head. These two uniformed strangers still needed to get out of here. And besides, she wasn't sure if their Icarus and Ka-Ata-Quilla were strong enough to take on a horde of enemies just yet.

"We need to get out of here."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]
Aspects: None

The... beings that helped them vanish as soon as the mosnter... explodes into money? She sees Shin preparing to fight, Yumiko wanted to flee. Alright. Think. And don't try to think like a priestess, think like a farmgirl. Horses. What to do against angry horses. Can't just outrun them, don't just fight them. Spook 'em. She looks in the janitor's closet, rushing to grab one of the battle, looking for the tell-tale litlte warning-mark of a flame, as well as a book of matches. Her eyes can't help but notice a warning reading. 'Don't drink it unless you're trying to pussy out of life in a painful way, coward, in which case, bottom's up.' What the hell IS going on. She undoes the top and hurriedly pours a 'line' that would block the horses' way to them as well as she can.

"Alright, get ready to run again, folks! I darn well hope these things don't like fire any more than real horses do"

Quickly Create an advantadge: 4dF+2 0
Spend another Fate point for that reroll, applying Empress.
Quickly Create an advantadge: 4dF+2 5
Create a 'Firewall' Advantage, and a free invoke of it?

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 19, 2017 around 10:53

The Deleter
May 22, 2010


Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]
Aspects: None

"I dunno what that was..." Seka staggered out of the closet.

"But that was loving AWESOME! Whooo, we rock, Yumiko-chan! Go us!"

Her attempt at a Featherman-style victory pose was cut short by the arrival of a horde of horrible green horses. Uhm. Yeah, that was gonna be a problem. She considered summoning her... what had she even done to do that? She wasn't even sure how to repeat that summoning thing. yeah, running sounded good.

She didn't recognize her potential rescuers at first - their costumes were way more covering and heavy than hers or Yumiko's. But when the masked girl spoke, with her accent...

"Wait, you're the new girl! You- you only just got- What?"

She doesn't spend too much time babbling about it - the horses are coming close and the new girl is setting up a rad fire. So, uh, time to jet. If this works.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at May 20, 2017 around 19:31

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun



Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspects: None

Soooo, this isn't something they know about yet? So that removed the possibility of this was some sort of communal effort, if not even they know what's happening, with the additional somewhat concerning scruple of 'then who is responsible for this if not them?'

That question got pushed aside by the second, and much more concerning revelation.

"Snatchers? As in, Body Snatchers? As in, Invasion of The Body Snatchers that film from the 1950s remade in the 1970s where aliens steal away people with alien spores that make near-perfect but emotionless replicas of them to as part of larger invasion plot to infiltrate society with clones? Those kinds of Snatchers?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Small Conveniences


Yo likely forgot his place and turned an internal monologue into an external monologue. Unfortunately for him, this makes the shopkeep very visibly narrow his glowy eyes. "What the hell even are you talking about? Wait a second..." He moves around to get a look at you from another angle. "Those eyes are fake! You're no Shadow! Well, whatever you are, you're history!"



Throwing off their cloak, they reveal a skeletal visage and hit a button underneath the counter, making an alarm ring out. Soon after, they draw two swords and leap up onto the counter, before leaping off and at this 'intruder.'



The Educational System

A fire indeed does break out, separating the two halves of the hall. The horse demons stop for a moment and rear up due to the blaze. Unfortunately, soon after, the fire alarm starts going off, and automated sprinkler systems begin dousing the entire floor of the building. It wouldn't be long before the floors were slick with water and the fires extinguished. On the plus side, the front doors are opening due to the state of emergency.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun



Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspects: None

Well diplomacy seems to have broken down, one hand went into a pocket. "Well I'm human if you must know but are you sure you don't wanna just talk-"

The leap into the air with both swords raised to give Yo a shave and a haircut was the answer to that question. Oh well, there's only one course of action left to us at this point, anti-spirit warfare, if this was hopefully what he thought it was like this thing would react poorly to a dose of purified salt. He thought about his inventory and willed some into existence, feeling the reassuring feeling of fine grains as he rubbed his fingers.

And then Yo invokes his Certified Legit Spirit Photographer (Honest) aspect to say that he does indeed have Purifying Salt on hand, because of course he would, you have to be prepared for this kind of eventuality in this profession.

Now the important thing is observe proper exorcism principles and-

Spoopy Skeleton - @Unknown Quantity/Akibear: 4dF+3 = (b+--)+3 = 2
Yo Kobayashi - @Yo (TheNabster): 4dF+3 = (-++b)+3 = 4


"POCKET SALT!" Suddenly the hand rises out of the pocket, trailing fine grains of blessed homemade holy salt, Yo may have not played much baseball since his childhood but he was always reckoned to be a pretty good pitcher.

The Salt hit the Skeleton right in the eyes. And being that he was still airborne and in motion but then suddenly unable to see from an attack of salt, the graceful lunge turned into a graceless tumble, missing Yo entirely and crashing into a stand of confectionery. Yo walked over to the counter to acquire his coffee and card, and turned back to his opponent.

"Can't we just talk about this? I think you have the wrong idea." He took a sip of the coffee, it was just what he needed right now.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at May 20, 2017 around 17:58

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]
Aspects: None

She could the acrid scent of the burning chemicals even through her mask, but it worked. It worked better than expected even, as the doors opened. "C'mon Shin, let's make a run for it. If we can get to some ladder outside or somethin' we can get outta their reach! Let's go!" She turned to run as quickly as she could towards the exit before the fire would go out.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Shin had been a little bit sceptical of the fire plan, so the only thing that saved his eyebrows was the heavy metal mask he had been wearing. In the short amount of time between the flames going up and the sprinklers going off, Shin had moved quickly to the “remains” of the fallen Oni.

“It looks real.” He said, scooping up a few handfuls. “Really real.” Refusing to feel ashamed, Shin pocketed as much of the Yen. The money would be a week of family meals, or some replacement clothes for the brats. The sprinklers were the sign for Shin to stop and at Rumikos suggestion he began to move for the exit door. “You two!” He directed at Seka and Yumiko. “If you're coming, get moving. I’ll bring up the rear and head off anything the gets through.”

The Deleter
May 22, 2010


Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]
Aspects: None

Seka is not going to argue with the big dude. She simply nods and gets to the whole "run away" deal.

Man, she was gonna have some poo poo to tell Yumiko when she woke up. Cos this was probably a dream. Hey, Yumi, I had a dream where we fought demons and ended up in a closet. Crazy, huh?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME


Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [X] [X] [X]
Aspect: Exhausted!

Whoa, who did this big fella think he was? He thought he could just shout order at them?

Nevertheless, they were sensible orders.

"Fine," Yumiko stammered out. "Let's go, Seka!"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Small Conveniences

The skeletal figure's assault is very much deflected by Yo's resourcefulness. Pulling itself by its swords out of the donut display, it seems angered more than anything. "That makes it even worse! You're ruining the system by being here and now you know too much!" Putting their swords together in a cross stance, there's a bit of muttering to them for a moment before you see what it's doing: a fireball forming above them. Once it gets to about the size of a beach ball, the skeleton leaps up and spikes the thing at you and the counter. Unfortunately, given the enclosed space, even as you take cover behind the counter, shards of glass fly like shrapnel in response to the blast. While you may at best just have several small cuts, the far more alarming sound is one of a yowl from your favorite pet, who did not quite make it up and over the counter before impact. There's little time to grieve, however, as the creature howls in fury. Looking around for something else, anything else to use, the glass shards all seem reflective now, showing an odd reflection within both you and Tomo.

The Educational System, Front Gate

The gate, as slow as it was, continued moving as the other four spent their time inside the building. However, with the fire alarm active, just enough of a human-sized shimmying gap remains from it trying to reverse the process to slip out. After taking a few minutes to catch your breath, the gate firmly shuts behind you all. Nothing seems to have followed you all the way out here. There's a slight "ping" noise as the app notifies you all that you are free to leave now if you wish.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun



Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspects: None

It seems as Diplomacy continues to not be plausable here, and it's only a split second decision to get behind the counter top before the ball hit, but then he realised too late that his kitten had fallen out of his coat.

"Tomo!" But it was too late. The bursting fireball hits the counter, shattering the glass surface and bursting.

Tomo got caught in the blast Yo saw this happen right before his eyes. He did not want to believe what just happened, and he didn't believe what happened next. The cat got up, it turned yellow eyes to Yo, and started to talk with a very thick accent.

"Oh good grief what are ye doing?" Yo just sort of blinked and went, 'Buh?'

"You let this bawbag walk all over ye just like that? You got a hold of the mystery of a life time and ye gonna just let it go?"

"What?"

"Ye've known all along haven't yer, in yer heart. There's something ye couldn't put yer finger on even if ye had no words for it. Even when ye got a weird reputation for it, even when yer mother kept tellin' you to let it go until she gave up, and even when your brain was tellin' ye that you were chasin' shadows all day you didn't want to stop lookin'."

"Because ye wanted somethin' anythin' to prove that yer Pappy didn't just up and die in an accident and leave ye all alone, didn't ya?"

"No I... I..." He didn't know what felt worse honestly, the fact that this was being brought up during an incredibly high stress situation, or that it was being delivered to him by his cat.

"But now that you know, what are you going to do with that knowledge? Because if you don't fight back right now and give this pile o' bones a righteous arse kicking, that truth is going to be lost to the ether."

"The truth dies here if you don't start fightin' back! Repeat after me! I am thou, thou art I"

A shakey hand reached across the floor and grasped the piece of glass that Tomo was floating over, he looked into it's reflection what he saw in it was...

Handsome ain't I? My name is Cait Sith, Lord of the Cat Kingdom, trickster extraordinaire, devilish rogue, and together, we will find the truth in this world of shadows, and there can be no lies in the face of Truth! Say it with me!

"Per... Sona" He cracked the glass with his fingers. And the effect was quite thunderous to say the least, a thousand volts of electricity shot up both cat and owner propelling them to their feet. The fire in their eyes pierced the skeleton in their combined gazes Yo pointed an accusatory finger.

"You sir are an appalling store manager if this is your idea of customer service! You spilt my coffee, you almost killed my cat, and you are waving edged weapons near my face! Consider this a formal complaint to your manager!" The end of Yo's finger began to glow brightly as the energy built up, as well as the front paw of his Persona, lazily pointed in the same direction. Exactly how, why or what he was doing right now were questions he was considering, but they were lost somewhere amidst the indignant and righteous anger, there was one word on his mind however.

"Kouga!

You don't touch Yo's cat, the Skeleton is eating a Flashly Attacking Light spell to the face.
Yo Kobayashi: @Yo (TheNabster): 4dF+3 = (+-+b)+3 = 4
Spoopy Skeleton: @Unknown Quantity/Akibear: 4dF-1 = (+++-)-1 = 1

That's a success with style to Kouga level. I won't make a boost though.


The combined beams of light met in the middle between partners and target, and burst in bright lancing lines, skewering the opposing skeleton in bright and brilliant daylight.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Small Conveniences

Weak!

The skeleton is lanced with light bright enough to create a flash for quite a ways off and is knocked to the ground. Obviously not destroyed, but definitely reeling enough to need to take a while to get back up. Meanwhile, with your cat seemingly transformed or being the proxy for a far more humanoid and talkative cat, it seems to have gotten over the whole "filled with glass" thing.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

The phone pings and Shin sags, breathing harshly and deeply in an attempt to catch his lost breath. A quick head counts shows all four made it out. “Well… what now?” He let’s out in ragged gasps, before memory strikes him. “poo poo! You remember that PA that went off? It said something about Miss Aizawa. Do you think she’s stuck in there to?”

The Deleter
May 22, 2010


Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]
Aspects: None

The ping is also Seka's cue to stop running - safety is now at the push of a button. The adrenaline seizes her limbs. She trembles even as she bends over, hands on knees. Every breath is gulped down.

There had been a brief moment, back in the closet, where she was certain as hell she was gonna die. All things considered, this was an improvement.

When the tall guy speaks, it takes a moment for it to register. Something familiar...

"Shin? You Shin Soichi, right?" She manages to raise her head to look at him. "Uh, thanks, man. We would've been dead if it weren't for you and Rumiko."

Confusion flutters at the mention of Aizawa, but it rings a bell. Seka casts her mind back - oh, yeah. When they entered. That wasn't the kind of announcement you forgot. But then something occoured to her.

"Woah, woah, hold up." She managed to stand. "How could she be stuck there? There's no way she's got the app too... right? I mean, we would've seen her in some... form. Besides..."

She waved a hand at the school. "I think they're gonna be pissed we killed someone. Like... if they even register that? So we should probably not try and poke that wasp nest for a bit." The questions of 'Is this a game?' and 'What IS this? went unasked for now.

"Can we just... leave? We might need to get our heads around this. I summoned a big gold winged guy from my phone. That's not normal."

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!


THUNDERDOME


Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [X] [X] [X]
Aspect: Exhausted!

The headache, the weirdness of this place, and the awakening of her persona caused Yumiko to tremble on her legs. Seeking her balance, she put one hand on Seka's shoulder and said to the group in general: "I just want to go home and sleep."

She made a few steps towards the street, then fell to her knees in exhaustion.

Before passing out, Yumiko managed to stammer out one final sentence: "Video games are stupid."

She snored on the sidewalk.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]
Aspects: None

If Seka didn't grab her first, Rumiko would reach to grab her to prevent her from falling to the ground. She looked at Shin. "Might be. Might be she did the smart thing and got out of this world as soon as she could. We're not gonna be helping anyone by getting ourselves killed. If this things lets us go back, let's go back, see if we can do that, and what the blazes is goin' on here. We can see if Miss Aizawa is gone missing there, and then decide what we do."

She looked at the other girl. "You ah... Harada-san, right? Can you try and take her with you first? Two of us will wait here in case she doesn't come along with you and see about wakin' her up if she needs to be conscious to bring her back. No guarantees what works and what doesn't with... whatever this is." She looked at her own cellphone.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

It's the smart plan, but Shin isn't to happy with the possibility of leaving someone stuck here. Still, there is little choice right now. "poo poo. Yeah okay. Smart play is to go. And Rumiko is right, we need to make sure Yumiko goes through first time. I can wait with Rumiko."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun



Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspects: None

That fight had gotten Yo pumped up, he was angry, he was filled with strange power, the attack seemed to work. He raised his hand to give the skeleton one more blast and.

Stopped.

"... Nah, nah I think not." He lowered his hand, Cait Sith looked at him quizzically. "I don't feel all that comfortable about killing another living person, even if he's very impolite." He turned back to the Skeleton. "Consider this a lesson in humility and not violently attacking people because they are human! Let's go."

And with that he left the store, he didn't want to stay around in case any friends showed up to assist the storekeeper. He decided he'd try and make his way back to the school whilst he kept an eye out for anything else that would give him clues about this place.

Questions about Tomo apparently transforming into a magical talking cat could wait until they weren't in immediate danger.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at May 25, 2017 around 06:13

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]
Aspects: None

Rumiko holds Yumiko for a bit, only to suddenly look up when a new figure approached, dressed in a raincoat approached and... was that cat floating or was she just seeing things now? Whatever the case, she alerted Shin in case he hadn't seen him, positioning herself between the newcomer and the unconscious classmate.

"Who's there? You wanna step forward nice an' slowly, because we're all mighty twitchy with what's goin' on."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010


Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]
Aspects: None

Seka takes up the duty of making sure Yumiko doesn't eat the sidewalk. Demon world sidewalk. She looks up at the newcomer and the floating cat thing that's overing next to them.

Wait. Everyone she'd seen so far that wasn't a demon was a human was from their high school. So either this was a demon, or it was... Nah. That was crazy. Then again, she was in a demon world. Her hunch could be right.

"You guys deal with this weirdo." She shuffles back, trying to put distance between herself and Rumiko. Nice of the new girl to throw herself"I'm getting Yumi outta here. We meet up at the fast food joint, okay?"

Seka scrabbles for Yumiko's phone and mashes that "Quit" button.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


The Real World

Seka and Yumiko get about five seconds of countdown as the app begins whirring and loading the exit sequence.



The grays and fluorescent lamps of the alternative world begin being replaced with more color, particularly the light of the sun that had gone missing up til then. Time has most certainly passed based on the position of the sun. It would seem that anyone who was still in the school is piling out, in light of a light sound of the school's fire alarm system. There's no real alarm to their gait, more like they chose to walk out given the annoying sound. Conversation passes by you.

"Who'd pull the fire alarm after hours? That's a real lame time to try to pull a prank."

"Doesn't matter, we were wrapping up our club meeting anyway. Besides, aren't you glad to be heading home earlier?"

"Well yeah, but the ringing in my ears is going to take a bit to go down thanks to this. If someone gets caught for it they are gonna be in so much trouble."

The alarm subsides within another minute, although before it does, you spot a familiar face awkwardly carrying their things and shuffling their way out of the building.



She doesn't pay anyone much mind as she seems to be hurrying towards the parking lot. Lacking a free hand, she fishes through her purse pocket with a single pinky finger, attempting to produce a ring of keys.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

With Seka and Yumiko back safely in the real world, only Shin, Rumiko and the stranger in the raincoat (floating cat accessory seemingly non-optional) are left outside the otherwordly high school. Rumiko is sensibly taking the cautious route, but Shin has always found you catch more flies with honey then vinegar. And it's not like the two of them together wouldn't be able to handle the new guy. There's been enough fighting for now so there's no sense not being friendly.

“Yo, how you doing?” Shin begins nonchalantly even as he shifts himself to stand beside Rumiko, should the red raincoat guy turn out to not be friendly.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun



Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspects: None

And on the short list of people he didn't expect to see today, friends! Well not really friends but people who are occasionally cordial with him and that's almost like a friend right? There was, Vanilla Princess and Trouble, and The Beast, and the New Girl from the Country. Friends were good, he wanted a friendly face. So he sauntered over, but the looks he was getting were quite unfriendly in response however, two of them were looking at him suspiciously, whilst Vanilla Princess and Trouble just up and left. The walk got a little less sauntery and a little more siddly, until he was a fairly comfortable distance away from the two remaining. The pause was awkward for everyone involved.

“Yo, how you doing?” Oh good someone does recognize him! That's a relief.

"I'm doing fine thanks, I wish people wouldn't threaten me with violence though." Yo took down the hood, it probably would help his case to these actual humans that he looked actually human. If they were human, he doesn't know if shape-shifting is in the purview of the shadows.

"Like I met a shopkeeper and he told me a lot of cool stuff about this place and then he found out I was actually human and attacked me randomly! He spilled my coffee and almost killed my cat and then my cat became a magic cat... You are actually people in the game right I'm not talking to more shadows right?" He tried not to look like he was crazy when he said that, they looked almost like they had a similar experience that he had. Cait Sith deigned to look at the two for a moment, and then went back to grooming himself.

"But... I got a lot of convenient plot exposition before that happened though, wanna hear it?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at May 26, 2017 around 21:28

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][]
Aspects: None

"Oh, sorry about that. But we're all a bit high strung at the moment on account of... well, sounds like y'all had the same welcome." She peered around. "Now, I'm all for a good nice talk, but I'd rather do it out of... whatever this place is first. Is your timer almost ran down too? We should move out together. And I'm gonna a lot more at ease if I know the other two are safe and sound. Who knows what this darn program is doin'."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Shin is initially shocked at how forward the stranger is, until he takes down his hood and reveals himself to be Yo. Ohhh.

“I’m sure your… exposition is important, so we should wait just a little bit like Rumiko said. Just until we’re back with the others to save you telling your story twice, yeah? Speaking of, we should do it now if we can.” Shin finishes, before he starts to fiddle with his phone, trying to figure it out.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010


Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]
Aspects: None

The real world! Relief floods through Seka as she finds herself back in the real world, with a non-demon school. Well, relatively speaking. At least she was out of the weird clothes now.

Trying to prop Yumiko up, she takes a quick check of herself and her surroundings. All limbs still attached. Tired, but no wounds. Phone is - she quickly pulls her phone out of her pocket - intact. No golden weirdos jumping out of it. But the game screen was showing, and there was a little golden figure hovering above her avatar, alongside the blue figure above Yumiko.

"Great," she mutters. So it was real, then. She wasn't going to pretend she'd had a hallucination or this was a prank. Better deal with it now. The game took her somewhere that was real. How real?

That question is quickly answered as she hears the students chattering, and the fire alarm. She remembered Rumiko setting off the fire, and the realisation struck her like ice down her spine.

Things in the demon world... affect the real world?

Okay. In that case... well, she couldn't just go back and try poking around, or making up dumb poo poo she had no idea about.It might be possible stuff here affected that game world too. But she had no way to test that. And she had more important things going on.

Yumiko wasn't going to be easy to drag - she should probably be brought around. And there was someone she could probably rely on! Also, she faintly remembered hearing Aizawa's name back in the demon world - maybe she could... try and see if there was a link? She was having a hard time getting her head straight on this.

"Aizawa-sensei? Yumiko-chan's fainted!" She hopes her voice carries, and that Aizawa cares enough to help or isn't mad or oh god. "I could use some help!"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


The Real World

Aizawa-san has just gotten their key into their hand when they hear someone call out to them. They flinch and freeze up for a moment before slowly craning their neck to look over at whoever it was that called to them while blindly attempting to insert the key. They fail to do so before spotting Seka, and sigh, seemingly with relief...Then they realize what you just said, and, rather than drop their bags, put each item down one at a time in a careful and neat order right by her car door before rushing over.



"O-oh no! What happened?" She whispers a "why today" to herself really quick before continuing. "Can her parents pick her up? I...Have another appointment to keep, so I can't really help you escort her to the school nurse, but..." The teacher takes another look at the front gate, and seems to see something that unnerves her. All Seka sees is just other faculty members. Aizawa-san's pace picks up. "But if you wanted to take her home or somewhere else safe, if you could please help me load her and my things into my car, I could drive you two there."

Shin finds the Exit feature quickly enough. As with the others, the world shifts back into the one they're far more familiar with. School is likely another ten to fifteen minutes away from closing for the day, As they drift back into the sights of this world, one of the prominent ones is Aizawa-san gently carrying Yumiko into the passenger-side back seat of her car while Seka puts a series of bags and other supplies in the passenger-side front seat. immediately after putting her in and buckling the seatbelt, Aizawa-san zips to the other side of the car and retains a low posture as she slips into the driver's seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011


Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Shin blinks his eyes, and an unseen oppression leaves his body. Back home. It looks like Yumiko and Seka got back fine as well… was that Aizawa-san? Well, it looks like they were right, but then what was that PA message about. Shin almost runs over, before noticing how exposed he is. Maybe it's part of the app, but more likely it's pure luck three people popping into existence in front of the school hasn’t been noticed yet. In either case Shin's not about to draw any more attention to the spot when there’s still two more people to come. With a quick sidle over the left, he starts to move over. “Yo, everything alright here?”

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«8 »