Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]
Aspects: None

Seka looks up as Shin calls over.

"Yeah, uh, I'm good. I'm getting Yumiko-chan home, then I'll be right over. Meeting's still on!"

She slips into the back seat behind Aizawa-san, throwing a hasty thumbs up to Shin before she shuts the door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][]

Rumiko was close enough to Shin to have appeared together with him. On hearing the fire alarm still blaring, there is a guilty and nervous look in her eye. She didn't know how this drat app worked, but eh... she really hoped she hadn't actually set fire to the real school. Second thing she notices though, is that Aizawa-sensei is apparently safe and sound. Well, scratch one worry. Oh, and she was getting Yumiko home too? Good. Great! Everything was okay and she might be able to throw this smart phone away soon. Broken. Busted. Stolen. Whatever. It would be months before she could get a new one, but darn it, she'd done years without it, she could survive in the city without, right?

"That... was horrible." She said with a sigh.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -

"That was astounding!" Whilst things were happening around him, Yo had gotten out his notebook and was furiously making notes. This would take a lot of time with thread and pins to put this all together when he came home later. He looked at his new partner in crime as Shin tried to see what the deal was with Aizawa.

"Say, Rumiko, how did the fire alarm get set off?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Approaches:
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][]

Rumiko looked a bit spooked at that question, looking back and forth to make sure nobody had heard it. "Shhhhh... don't.... speak so loud." She said nervously. "There were some... evil horses in the school, and I used chemicals from the janitor's closet to make a wall of fire. It made sure the school gates opened too." She felt stupid and crazy saying it, and she just went through it. She tried to peer inside. "I eh... I really hoped there isn't really a fire."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

The grin on Kobayashi's face widened as he took all this down, he did lower his voice however.

"So there are more 'shadows' that exist, and things in the mirror world can potentially effect the real world? Fascinating, and yet there doesn't seem to be visible smoke anywhere so that clearly means it obeys some rules. And to the denizens of that world we shouldn't be able to actually get over to the other side except for the..." With the last dot of his sentence, he closes the book and secretes it on his person.

"A real mystery, I have waited so long for something like this. It gets my blood racing it really does."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -

Rumiko looked at Yo with alarm. "Wait, wait, wait. You've waited for somethin' like this? We were trapped with a bunch o' demons in some hellscape. We coulda been killed. we're outta there, Aizawa-sensei is also safe. Why the heck would we wanna go in there again?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
On the road

Shortly after the car door is closed and a quick look over everything is performed, the car starts up and leaves the parking lot, taking off a little faster than one would likely have expected in a school zone. Once on the road, however, the pace relaxes. Aizawa-san breathes a sigh of relief and turns on the car radio, leaving the volume relatively low. She remains a bit fidgety and quiet, up until the car stops at a red light.

"So...I know this is probably going to sound a bit weird, but once I drop you and Yumiko-san off at your respective homes, could you...Not mention this to anyone? It's not that this is against any kind of rule, but...well, there are certain things...what's a good word...tenets! Y-yes, tenets, that as a member of the school staff I'm expected to be held to. I-I mean I'm not forcing you to or anything, but I just figured that maybe by not asking too many questions on either side, we could help one another? Just...think about it, okay?"

The light turns green, and the ride continues.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Because something I was told in the mirror world tells me that there's more to this mirror world then distorted reality and monsters, and if what I currently suspect is true then we have a problem." He put a hand in his pocket to grab his phone and found a paw. Tomo! He picked up the cat out of his bad and saw she was... Fine? No burns, no blood, not even - and he gently parted her fur to check closely - scar tissue? He turned to his conversation partner.

"Were you gonna meet up at the burger place to talk about this later? Only I think this isn't something we should talk about here."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Shin turns back to find the remainder of the party out, safe and sound and eager to to just go on and on about what happened. “Hey now, settle down Bro.” Shin quickly tries and head off the excitable boy with a placating tone. “Don’t go off while it’s just the three of us, okay? Your stuffs important, important enough that everyone should be here to talk about it.” He finishes with an encouraging smile but hopefully not too encouraging.

To Rumiko he says. “Not that I disagree with you or agree with Yo outright, but we got in there with these app things. Other people might be getting in as well. And at the moment, about 40% of everyone who’s gone into demon… shadow… whatever-world… has needed rescuing. To me, I think it at least needs some form of follow-up. So I’ve got an idea. So, we’re thinking the fire in whatever-world set the alarm off here, right? We’ve got a few more minutes until school closes; let’s have a quick look now to see if anything else happened. Scorch marks, broken lockers or that door. Just to figure out what’s what. What do you think Yo?” Shin finished, perhaps a little bit condescendingly.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Sounds like a good idea to me!" Yo said, immune to condescension. "It might help with my - or rather it's probably more like ours at this point - investigation."

"If, you don't mind at all, I mean."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Shouldn't we... tell the police? I mean, it sounds pretty 'Middle School Syndrome' and all, but, we could prove it with these phones, right?" She sounded doubtful, even as she spoke. "But yeah, ain't nothing wrong with having a look in the school to make sure everyone's okay."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Shin gives a quick nod. "Alright. We can head off to meet Yumiko and Seka after." Before quickly heading off toward the school.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Aizawa's behavior is... weird. Why would she not want this mentioned? Would it be seen as inappropriate? Seka didn't buy that someone wouldn't accept the explanation of "teacher helping student" and think of something else. And what was this bullshit about tenets? Aizawa didn't care about tenets. Although, come to think of it, she didn't know anything much about Aizawa-san...

Something's going on here. That call-out from the game world's PA meant something. Aizawa-san is hiding something... but what? Can't ask her directly, though. "Hey, are the other teachers giving you poo poo?" Nah, won't work. Seka decides to play dumb. Its the most anyone expected of her, anyway.

"I won't say anything, Aizawa-sensei, but... I don't get it," she asks. "What are these... tenets? Surely nobody's gonna think anything's wrong here, right? You're a teacher helping a student. That's normal, right?"

Sneakily Create Advantage on Aizawa: 4dF+1 1

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
On the road

A +0 rolling and getting a 0. Yup, that's about right. We'll just put together a quick little Boost called Weasel Words. One free invoke and it's gone.

Your teacher has a conflicted expression as they keep their eyes on the road. At the next stop sign, they continue after a deep breath. "It's not so much about what I'm doing as when I'm doing this, if that makes any sense. My shift starts before all of you arrive and ends around the same time the school closes down. We have an expectation to arrive early and leave at a designated time."

It certainly sounds reasonable enough: if school starts at 8:30, any members of the staff would need to arrive beforehand to prepare their lectures and supplies for the day. School lets out at 3:30, and about an hour later most of the staff who aren't involved in after-school activities are gone. With 6:00 being the "everyone out" time, it does add up to something when Aizawa leaves at 5:45, though you don't recall her being part of any particular club activity.

The teacher tries to change the subject as you approach the turn towards Yumiko's street. "This is our turn, right? I'm not especially familiar with this part of town..."

Torabisu High

Once inside the school, the halls are practically empty due to both the time of day and the aforementioned alarm, which has ceased. A glance down the hall seems to reveal a few things that seem to correlate with your events in the other world. While not destroyed, an entire row of lockers seems very obviously unlocked, and attempts to shut them are met with them failing to properly close. While any overt damage that should have occurred seems to have been isolated to the other side, the base implications of its effects have certainly traveled over, given that a broken locker isn't going to function as one very well.

As you stay out a bit, though, a member of the teaching staff calls out. "Hey, you three! Did any of you see Aizawa-san just now? We think she left early."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko looks at the teaching staff approach. She gathered more of her composure, hoping the signs of exertions of all the running didn't show too much on her right now. She still remembered those words.

quote:

I repeat, will Hakari Aizawa kindly move to the teacher's lounge for more mockery?

Things in that world seemed to match somewhat to the real world. Did it mean her teacher was mocked among her colleagues? She seemed so out of place and unsure of herself. Rumiko found herself wanting to protect her from these other teachers, which was probably really silly right? She could just say she hadn't seen her, but well, since her car wasn't here, these people would know it anyway. So, maybe best to just say the truth, in a way that helped her.

"Aizawa-sensei is helping a student who wasn't feeling well get back home."

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [X] [X] [X]
Aspect: Exhausted!

Yumiko had been drifting in and out of sleep during the car ride, listening half-heartedly to Aizawa-sensei's small talk with Seka.

Hmm. There was something sensei wasn't telling them, and Yumiko was going to figure out what. This reeked of sweet, delicious melodrama and was practically catnip to her.

"Oh, Aizawa-sensei. No, I think it's the next one right?"

Using Seka's advantage + the Weasel Words Boost to sneakily convince Aizawa to SPILL THE BEANS. Rolled 4, according to Discord.

When Aizawa-sensei turned into the one-way street, Yumiko knew there was no turning back now. This lead to a ramp towards the highway.

"Or, err, no, wait... Oopsie, we drove too far, I think."

Rush hour.

The car inched towards the next offramp at the speed of continental drift. Time to regroup and attack again!

"You stayed at school quite late, Aizawa-sensei? I didn't know you helped out a student club?"

Hopefully she'd correct Yumiko's misconception with the truth!

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

"Yeah, uh." Shin pauses, trying to go along with the story Rumiko was spinning, which also happened to be the truth! "Yumiko collapsed or something? Aizawa-sensei was taking her and Seka home in her car."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
On the road

Hakari Aizawa took Yumiko's words at face value when she made that turn. Upon realizing she's left the residential and gone onto a one-way highway by mistake, a sigh escapes her as more comments come in. But okay, this is fine, all the car has to do is get to an off-ramp and head back around. Wasting gas isn't so much of a problem as not arriving there at all, after all. And then the secondary question comes in. She seems bothered at the insinuation.

"That's not it at all. It's just a matter of hierarchy. As the newest member of the teaching staff, it is..." She takes a turn and breathes in. "...my obligation to earn some respect and build camaraderie with the rest of the staff by helping out after class." Her tone quiets down significantly, trying to not be heard as she adds "I'd have thought one year of it was enough, but apparently not." Going back to more audible, conversational volumes, she continues. "I'm sure anyone who's had to join a club or even Rumiko-san would understand that you don't just become part of a group by joining it. And it'll all be worth it once things cool down a bit more and I can start organizing my own activities. Until then, I arrive at 7:30, I leave at 6:00."

Torabisu High

"Collapsed, huh?" They seem to ponder on your responses for a moment, glancing in the direction of the nurse's office, which is currently closed. "I suppose there's nothing for it. We'll just have to confirm with their parents that they arrived home safely before we lock up here. Speaking of which, if you're looking for your things, if they're not in your locker, just come back for them tomorrow. Once we lock up, you're trespassing if you're still inside." The warning is made with a matter-of-fact tone, rather than any form of malice, as they move on and out of this hall.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

“Right. Yessir.” Shin addresses the leaving teachers. Once they have safely left the hallway, he turns to the other two and asks. “Well, I think we’re done here; there’s definitely carry over from that place to here. Anything else you can think to check? If not, maybe we should start heading over to the meeting place.”

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka notices Yumi coming out of her uncnciousness and gives her a quick thumbs up. She's not dead! Yay!

Then she listens to more of what Aizawa has to say. It's starting to add up now. Pressure. Pressure to do well. She knew that kind of pressure. She hated it. Didn't take a genius to tell Aizawa wasn't feeling it either.

"Sounds difficult, Aizawa-sensei..." Seka pulls her phone from her pocket and rapidly taps out a text to Yumi.

quote:

Yo yumi-chan you still on 4 this meetup? cos? we gotta talk bout what happened!!! O_O

Well, if nothing else, at least she could text some of the decision-making back to Yumi-chan. Keep her gal in the loop!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko subtly glanced at her phone while Seka chatted up Aizawa-sensei, and texted back:

quote:

Lol I could keep on truckin but I need liek 3 espressos and maybe a burger

She'd feel bad about making Aizawa-sensei drive all this way only to sneak out and meet up with the others, though. Perhaps she'd catch up once she had some Z's.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka frowned. Yumiko had already pulled an all-nighter. She probably shouldn't do that again. It'd suck!

quote:

kk, you can snooze and i'll let you know the deets l8r if you like ^_^

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -

"Right, and you have their numbers right?"

There was a pause

"...Right~ just one second." He said turning away from the pair, with some grumbling and a light mewl as a cat was gently rolled aside to get underneath her, a scruffy looking diary was produced and flicked through.

"Kuroda Kuroda Kurod-Ah here were we are, got her number right here. And Yumiko's too, wanna make a quick note before we go?" Yo said, looking expectantly at the two of them.

Yo spends a fate point with his Inexorable Truth Seeker aspect to say that he does infact have the number of Seka Kuroda. And also of Yumiko Harada. And also possibly everyone else in his class, and who have ever been in his class with the exception of Rumiko because he hasn't had the chance to go through her trash.

Yet.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
End of the Road

Aizawa makes it off of this highway and back around to Yumiko's home. Taking the proper turn this time, she knocks on the door to the home, to find that Yumiko's parents are currently receiving a phone call from the school informing them of this exact situation. She seems quite surprised at this, and hurriedly explains that the school nurse wasn't in at the time and trips over her words explaining the situation. Awkward as it is, Yumiko makes it home and into a bed without any further issue. She can expect the same kind of "not actually grounded but it feels like grounding" that being told to stay in bed and rest is like.

Meanwhile, the teacher looks back over at Seka. "Are you fine here, or...? B-because I don't really have anything else today besides heading home."

Regardless of yes or no, assume she'll take off and you can move on to your meet. The lot of you.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"I'm good. Thanks very much, Aizawa-sensei!"

Seka gives a smile and hops out of the car. She's got places to be, and with a wave to her teacher, she sets off for the subway. The fast food joint is a short ride from there, and from there it's a pretty short walk home. It should be pretty easy to get out considering nobody's left work just yet and all the kids will be going the other way, usually.

Considering spending a fate point to get to the fast food joint in time to meet the others, lemme know if this is cool or not!

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

“Cool then. If you let ‘em know we’re on the way Yu, we’ll get going. It’s not a longs ways from here.” He quickly mentions to Rumiko. “ And it's not like we've got to face off a crowd or anything. Well, we all ready to get gone?”

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

The transfer student looks a bit bewildered as the innocent looking boy appears to have the numbers of all the girls in class? Is this... is this normal? She looks at Shin Soichi, who seems to be pretty calm about it. It must be pretty normal then. "Alright. I'll, put the number in the phone then. And write it down somewhere. I'm not sure I trust this smartphone." She gave it a suspicious glare, then moved to go along towards the meeting place.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko thanked Aizawa-sensei herself, and immediately crawled to bed after dinner with her parents. She stayed on stand-by for updates from Seka for a while, still fidgeting with her phone for a while before going to sleep.

What a weird app, she though. She tried to delete it once again, but her phone threw up more error messages.

Fine. Maybe the maker's credits are displayed at the end of the game? I'll just have to see if I can beat this stupid thing and send a complaint to the developer.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

The burger joint. Her dad owned it, college students and part-timers from the high school ran it, and students at the high school ate the food. This would, in theory, make Seka the richest kid in school, but she had an allowance like any other kid. That dad wasn't viving her because of that kid she beat up.

Oh well. She leant against the wall of the joint and checked her app. Still her. The golden figure floated above her sprite. She tapped it and got a screen of all its stats. Icarus. This was... her? Her spirit guide? She had no clue. But apparently it knew Garu and Lunge, and was weak to electric attacks. Like some kind of weird RPG thing.

Lots of questions. No real answers. She put the phone away and waited for the others.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

After a short while, Shin and the pair following him arrived at the burger joint. He was a little nervous about showing up early; if Mr Kuroda was on deck and saw him lagging about, he might want Shin to start his shift early today. Then again, it looked like the after school rush was dying down so he might be able to squeak by for now.

Quickly scanning through the familiar floor, Shin spotted Seka and pointed her out to Yo and Rumiko before nervously heading over to the daughters boss. “Y- Hey. Yumiko still feeling like crap?” He asked, quickly sitting down out of eyesight from the pay counter, leaving just enough space for the remaining members of the party to shuffle around their own spaces.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka looks up.

"Heya. Yeah, Yumi's out of it." She walks over and sits with the others. "She does all night marathons of Netflix stuff as well, so uh, she's not going anywhere."

Awkward pause. Oh, man. How do you start a conversation like this?

"So, uh..." She taps a finger on the tabletop. "Uh, we gonna talk about what the hell just happened? Cos, to recap, I got sucked into a weird mobile game and fought a demon with a big gold spirit thing. That isn't crazy, right? This poo poo's happening?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko nodded. It was good to at least have someone else to confirm it. Or she might feel she was having some sort of breakdown or hallucinations. "That... does seem to be what happened. Soichi-kun and I had just left the archery club when we decided to try this... thing that was on our smartphone. I thought it was weird because I hadn't installed any apps on it. But I thought it couldn't do no harm to try it out." She grimaced a bit at that. "How did you three do it anyway." She included Yu in that question. "The calling on those protectors?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

“Yeah, we got poo poo to talk about.” With a wince Shin mouths ‘sorry’ at Rumiko before continuing on. “So, we had a quick look around the school while you two and Aizawa-sensei went on your car ride. There’s nothing big but like, the lockers where we had that... scuffle... are stuck open. Not broken or anything, but they won’t shut. Just little things that seem to carry over, you know?” At Rumkio's questions, Shin goes on. "Protectors? Good word but it doesn't seem quite right. So yeah, what did happen to you three?" He turns in between Yo and Seka.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka shrugs. "I dunno. I just... I was gonna die. And then it... Icarus called to me. Told me I could change fate. And not die like a chump like he did. Not the exact words but..."

She frowns. "It was like... like it was me and I was it, but we were also... separate? I didn't think about it. Also, the app shows he has stats, for some reason." She brings up her app and shows everyone. "I dunno if Yumi-chan has the same deal going on for her."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

Yo midway through deciding if he wanted lunch, turned at voices directed at him. "Huh? Oh right."

"For the err, 'Protectors' - Personally I'm just gonna go ahead and use Stand - I have only part of an inch of a hunch but I think, mirrors are involved. When you all summoned your stand, was there glass nearby? Like a mirror, or maybe some broken glass somewhere?" The notebook seemed to materialize in his hand at this moment, pen poised at the ready. "My Protector Stand appeared in the reflection of a broken counter top, breaking it was what seemed to call it forth."

"As for what I was doing in that world, well you know that old convenience store down by the riverside coffee shop? That one where the owner took a bunch of his stock in a hurry and died from an overdose? In the other world it was running just fine, with stock and everything, and a helpful shadow cashier who told me a bunch of stuff about the Mirror World until he found out I was human and tried to kill me. Incidentally that's also how I got my powers."

He looked up at the board, thought for a moment and turned to the two. "Wanna get some lunch and hear me talk a bunch of nonsense at you? I think if I tell you it might be for the best."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 12, 2017

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

”Stands don’t seem quite right either…” Shin gripes to no one in particular. “Oh er, no food for me Bro." Shin would get an employee discount, but he saw enough of what counted for the meat on his shifts to want any part of that. Plus, he had a figure to watch. "Everyone else was at the school, so hearing what happened to you is a must… Eh, you may as well dude, we can summarise for Yumiko later on, I guess. Then once we filled you in on the what happened in the halls we can… work something out?” Well, a plan could be made up after everyone else was done speaking at each other.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"Stands? Get real. They're called Personas." Seka narrows her eyes. This guy seems like he likes to talk a lot and expects nobody to stop him. "But yeah, it's glass. I smashed my phone screen to do it."

She goes and gets food for herself and Yo, but she's not sure if she can eat, really. There's a lot that happened, and she needs to get her head around it. A weird new door has opened up in her life, and it could be a very dangerous one to go down. Then again, not like she's let common sense stop her from doing dumb stuff before.

She returns and puts the food down. "Well, let's hear it, Yo. I guess you got a whole bunch of theories, right?" Her bite into her burger is a little too aggressive, and she gets ketchup on her fingers.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Persona... Peeeeeeersona... Yeah, yeah I like that" He said, crossing out a line in his notepad and writing something else. "So glass definitely seems to be the medium, but does that need to happen every time or is that just to access the initial power?"

Taking his seat, and acquiring his food when it's brought to him by Seka, he begins to unveil what he knows to the relevant parties. "Thank you Seka."

"So like I said earlier, I went into a convinience store in the other world and asked the shadow behind the counter what the deal was."

"He said the world we saw is what actually lies on the other side of the mirror from what we call 'the real world'." He said scribbling, his pen paused for a moment. "Do you think 'Mirror World' or 'Mirrorverse' would work better- Sorry, right,I'll get back on topic sorry."

"There were a lot of things I saw in that world that were super weird, like..." He had a moment to think, whilst he tried to describe something he only barely understood himself. "Have you ever heard about that movie 'They Live'? Where the guy puts on glasses and he sees that a bunch of signs actually say OBEY and SUBMIT and other similar stuff, it felt kinda like that in a way. Like you were seeing 'the truth' of what's underneath the words."

"You were in the school right, did you see or hear anything weird like that?"

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 18, 2017

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Can't rightly say it was the truth.. More like it looked like some warped version. Like how someone who really dislikes the world would see it. I remember the sign on the archery club said 'for losers who want guns but can't get them' or somethin' like that. An' there was a call goin' out for Aizawa-sensei to report to the faculty office for mocking." She looked a bit concerned. "You think she's alright? I don't know her, but she don't look very happy. I'm glad she wasn't stuck in that Mirrorverse, but maybe we should look into her. See if there's any troubles there that are linked to it?"

"Anyway, we shouldn't go in there unless we know there's some folks to save. For now, maybe we should figure out if anyone else got these darn apps. When did you find it on your smartphones? If it's all the same day, we could ask around a bit without soundin' like we lost our minds."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"I got it on mine a day or two before school started." Seka pokes at her character screen for a bit, then turns off the app. "If anyone else has got the app we'd have heard about it by now, don'cha think? He's

"Aizawa, when we were in the car... she mentioned that the other teachers were bugging her to stay longer hours."

An idea is floating around in her head. She doesn't know if the others are gonna take to it, but she's gonna go in. It's been at the back of her mind ever since she got out of Aizawa's car.

"Maybe that's not quite true. If we went back in we could find out. For sure."

• Locked thread