Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 0/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

"Yo, you're the expert. Happen to have a torch handy?" Shin whispers. Whatever feeble light his phone had been projecting up in the library proper was quickly consumed this far below ground. Of course, with the shadows flickering just on the edges of the group, maybe advertising where they were with a nice bright light wasn't the best idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -
Aspects: None

Rumiko went along with them, but when they where whispering she frowned. "Why are we sneaking?" She whispered. "Aren't we supposed to come here? Possibly to get answers? Let's just walk in there and ask them what all of this is supposed to mean."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -

"It always pay to show a little bit of caution in these circumstances, only a little. Remember, we aren't exactly in Tokyo." He said, torch in hand (Which he does have) scanning around the immediate vicinity for anything out of the ordinary.

Satisfied that he didn't see anyone who would try mugging them nearby, he quietly motioned to the others and walked towards the source of the paper shuffling.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [X] []

"Right, we'll look into the teachers' lounge tomorrow. Speaking of, didn't the app say we had to go see someone in a scarlet room?"

Yumiko scrolls through the app's messages. "Hmm," she says, "Do you know anybody called Igor? What a strange name. Must be a Russian or something." With a wink, she asks Seka, "Do you want to see the velvet room? I'm curious. Sounds like a seedy bar that would sell alcohol to underage customers."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

A New Friend?

The group's travels, aided by the light of their torch, take them through a narrow cavern that leads out to a large abyss of a larger tunnel, with a large obelisk of sorts taking up front and center, with shifting faces seemingly coming and going from the surface of the stone. Moving your gaze downward, you find an oaken desk/countertop, with a tall fellow sitting in an office chair, reading through various documents, jotting things down on a notepad with a pen, and moving them from a pile on one end of the desk to the other.

He doesn't notice you immediately, though in-between papers he by chance glances in your direction and smiles.

"Why hello there. If you were able to open the door to this sub-basement, then clearly you're the newest players in my master's game. I am Wilbur, and I'll be playing the role of liaison between you and said master. Ah, but I might be getting ahead of myself. You must have many questions, not the least of which being 'what is this game you're referring to' or 'where is this place?' Well, I'll be more than happy to answer them." Standing up from their workplace, they stand themselves on their cane and lean upon it to try to be a bit more informal. Within the next blink of an eye, there are chairs present for the three of you to sit upon as he takes a thoughtful expression, choosing his words in a careful tone.

"To start with the most pressing question, you have, rather fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your way of looking at it, been chosen to participate in a bit of a competition between two entities with powers beyond your comprehension. Well, less a competition, more a gentleman's wager. Tell me, have you ever heard tale of people undergoing a traumatic event and coming out of it with a completely different personality?" They twirl their cane a bit to let this process for a few moments. "Well, in the event of such a drastic change in development, therein lies a philosophical debate for the ages; is this person still, at their core, the same person they were prior to the event? If every aspect of their mentality and social existence has been replaced, perhaps over time, or perhaps all at once, under what claim is their mind still the original? It is my master's belief that no, they are not, and that after such an event there is a moment where the original personality dies and a new one, one more suited to face the hardships of life, replaces it. Still with me thus far?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Approaches:

Rumiko felt her temper rise at that explanation. 'A gentleman's wager' All of this suffering for some powerful jerks having a philosophical discussion? She stands behind the chair, hands grasping it like she was more likely to throw it than sit down on it. "Can't say I had a lot of time for worryin' over things like that." she said in clipped voices. "But yeah, I get what you mean, I guess."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[] 2[] 3[]

"Hell yeah to seedy bars. One sec!"

Seka hops off the couch and quickly checks Aizawa. She seems okay - breathing is fine. Like she's asleep. She'll wake up soon, hopefully.

"Alright, all good. Let's go break the law."

With a quick pet of the doggo, Seka grabs Yumi by the hand, blood fizzing, and dashes out the door with her. Time for another adventure! Breaking the law with her best friend.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Deep One's Altar

Wilbur picks up on Rumiko's change in attitude and forms a more genuine smile.

"I can see you seem perturbed at this revelation. Well, if you'd kindly let me finish, this may help. Now then, my master, as well as the other party within this debate, due to another competition of theirs back in around the year 2000, can no longer directly influence or aid their sides. For humanity, this could be seen as a good thing; fewer divine entities exerting their will on the world and the residents of said world. Of course, that doesn't stop some of them from trying anyway. Lord knows Lucifer's still out there trying to raise complete anarchy..." The pillar seems to whisper something in a distorted tone, and Wilbur stops his tangent immediately.

"...Right then. Moving on. As we mentioned, there's the debate over whether a new 'you' forms in order to adapt to the rigors of life. In most people, there can be tens of thousands of 'you's inside them, all looking to take the original's place. Individuals like yourselves, however, have a nice, firm grip on yourselves and a deep-rooted will, a soul that will not allow itself to be snuffed out and replaced. To that end, your soul manifests such a power as a Persona, a being that can influence the immaterial and give you agency in a world where you would otherwise be completely helpless against the powers that be. And that's where you come in. Due to these abilities, you are free to choose a path in life for yourselves. Together, you can choose a path for humanity, based on your own inner philosophies. That is, assuming you're not going to reject this altogether and simply go back to your normal, everyday lives, which is also an option, I suppose."

The Scarlet Room?

This "Velvet Room" is found easily enough on your app's maps. Even if you've been through the area a thousand times before, you're certain you've never seen the place before now. Like an alleyway suddenly had an occupancy. Quite literally, considering its entrance is built into an alley. A fluorescent neon sign in blue reading "Velvet Room" hangs above an inconspicuous doorway. No one else seems to be around or paying it mind.

Opening the door, you feel not quite faint, more transcendent, as though you've not so much entered a physical location, but entered a concept. Or the same kind of sensation you get when you travel somewhere in your dreams. It seems to be a classical-style club, with a bar, stage with piano, and tables for guests to be seated. Currently the bar only seems to be occupied by the pianist (who is wearing a deep blue blindfold), an eccentric-looking lady in an attendant's uniform behind the bar (who appears to be mixing drinks), and a very tired-looking fellow with a very long nose looking directly at you.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room. A place between dream and reality, wherein one may collect their thoughts and gain insight into the happenings of the world around them. I am Igor, humble servant of a master who is very much interested in you. If you've any questions about the other world, the powers you've likely awoken to, or the circumstances behind these events, I am more than happy to answer."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

“That's... huh. Why would they bother? It's like one of them... Henry Spheres?” Shin looks to Yo for confirmation, assuming he would be the one to know about all that Sci-Fi stuff. “Like sure, you could build a giant orb around a Sun, but when you're advanced enough to get through all the challenges it would take to actually do that, why would you need to? And why would anything that calls itself a “God” be so out of hobbies, messing with humanity is the only thing it has left!”

Shin just stops himself from shouting that last part out. In a huff he finishes with a whispered. “Just doesn't seem to be any point, is all.”

Upon hearing the rest of Wilbur's explanation, Shin returns with a weakly retorted “There's probably a couple of guys and gals out there who might want to argue with you definition of the self. Kant, Hegel and er..." Shin casts about weakly, plumbing the depths of his knowledge of philosphy "...and whoever else. But I guess it makes a bit of sense; as much as these Persona's make any sense. So, question. These two that are competing, do they have anything to do with the people snatchers?”

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka is very taken aback. The weird sensation of being transported, the strange interior, the people... Even though she'd just recently fought a weird spike-covered lady, this was a little bit weird. In the opposite direction.

God, she was getting fed up of this already.

"Uh, yeah, I got a question." A finger jabs at Igor. "Is that nose real? What happened to it? Wait, you're metaphysical or some poo poo, right? Did you pick that nose? I'm sorry. It's terrible, I can't look away. Uh, why is there a blindfolded guy?"

She pauses to take a breath.

"Uh, sorry. Let me try again. What is this... all about? I know there's, like, a Law and Chaos thing going on. Is this... This is more than just a weird mobile game that accesses an evil demon world, right? Cos, I'm not bright, but I've been through some poo poo and I can pick up some cues. What's going on here?"

The Deleter fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2018 around 22:47

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Dyson Sphere, I think is the term you are looking for." Said Yo interjecting on an earlier point, he adjusted himself in his seat. He was quite nonplussed about this and this was rather puzzling to him, come to think of it they all were taking this rather well although maybe it's just some delayed shock, the mental image of that 'Snatcher' Aizawa continuously coming back into mind every time he forgot about it.

"But yeah what he said, what's a Snatcher? The only people I've tried to get information out of about this became immediately hostile after they found I was human. It was quite rude."

"Is this one another one of those 'games' these beings are playing?"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko leaves Seka to do the word with the long-nosed gentleman, and wanders about the lounge, mouth agape. At the bar, she motions for the eccentric lady, and asks, "Wow, are these drinks for real? Can I have one?"

She shifts uneasily on her bar stool, and leans over conspiratorially to give the barkeep a fair warning. "Hey, psst. I don't want to alarm the old man there, might be bad for his heart, but there's weird alien shapeshifters or mimics or whatever hanging around impersonating people! One tried to do it with our sensei. You wouldn't happen to have, uh, noticed something off with your friends here?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Deep One's Altar

Wilbur laughs at Shin's comment, a kind of laugh that's got a hint of self-deprecation to it.

"Yes, the gods are quite silly, aren't they? It's hubris, really. Humanity started as a species created to give these entities power through worship and belief, and yet, as man gained autonomy, we cast aside our faiths until the creatures were naught but myths and legend. Their powers drained, they can do little beyond extend some influence to select individuals or act from within their own realm and hope the effects spill over."

"But to answer your question, in a sense, yes, both my master and my master's opponent have something to do with the appearance of these creatures; they personify the effects of our debate, and they have given you the ability to physically intervene. The game itself is actually quite simple: if you've met a Snatcher, then it means you've likely also met the person it was attempting to take the place of, yes? My master's opponent claims that the Snatchers are an aspect of a given person's personality trying to take over, believing it is better suited for the rigors of life than the face they wear currently, a kind of misunderstood monster. My master, on the other hand, believes that the Snatcher is completely alien, not resembling their original in even the smallest of aspects, a creation of madness that seeks only to take control, something it has never had before."

Flipping through his desk, he finds a blank sheet of paper and begins drawing upon it. He forms a rather accurate sketch of the coin that was picked up from Aizawa's Snatcher, albeit sketching both sides on different halves of the paper and then using a paper cutter to split the sheet in half.

"If in your encounters with these Snatchers you find this peculiar token, these are your means by which the game is decided. For each Snatcher you run into and either destroy or assist, you will receive one of these tokens. If you believe what my master's opponent says is true for that particular individual, you hand it over to them. If not, you hand it over to me." He very firmly plants a hand on his desk soon after making said statement.

"Do not, under any circumstances, give that token to anyone else. Regardless of what they tell you, there are only two players in this game, and two rightful recipients of these proofs."

The Velvet Room

Igor gives a soft chuckle without changing his stance much, and steeples his fingers as he responds. "You have been chosen to undertake a quest of otherworldly proportions. You have personalities that are irreplaceable, powerful, and capable of withstanding the hardships of life. To that end, when faced with a true threat to your safety, that aspect of your mind awoke to protect you, in the form of a Persona. Taking the form of the closest creature from myth and legend that matches you, your Persona is your means of achieving the impossible, though I sense you already have gotten a glimpse of that. This 'evil demon world' is a reflection of reality, in the form of a perhaps overly brutal truth. The metaphorical becomes quite literal in that world, though always reflecting the truth of the matter, much like how it reflects on the appearance of your world."

Meanwhile, the bartender takes a trio of bottles, one empty, and begins pouring the contents of one into the empty bottle, then one into the newly empty bottle, and so on and so forth, seemingly never mixing the drinks together. "I haven't, although I have only just returned here from a long journey of soul-searching. Oh, though speaking of which, why is it that these are called 'spirits' anyway? Do they contain the essence of one who has passed on? I sense only the pungent scent of alcohol and fermented fruit within..." She finally slides one of the full bottles over to Yumiko. "But perhaps one can only know for sure by partaking of it. Rears!"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Shin was torn.

"You know guys, I'm a little torn. I mean, yeah, on the one had Sensei did seem to let people walk over her to much and could have used a little bit of toughening up. But I just can't see being eaten and replaced by a weird alien robot thing as a viable alternative. Oh wait, I'm not torn at all!"

Sheepishly, he turns to Wilbur and says. "I mean... I assume eaten? Then again, this is apparently the other one so would you know if they get eaten or not?" He shrugs and continues. "It reeeeeeeally doesn't seem like an equal choice from where I'm standing. Stay exactly the same or a robot monster with your face will insult you and kill you."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"...Okay. Sounds... freaky."

Seka gathers herself, tries to get her bravado back. "Okay, so, what's the deal with the tokens? We got one from fighting a demon attacking my teacher. I'm guessing that's the quest, then? Fight off these things and get the tokens? What do we do with them?"

"Also, can I get a drink too?" She looks over at the bartender and jabs a thumb at Seka. "I'll have what she's having."

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Yumiko Harada, The Moon

"Wow, lady! Thank you so much!"

Yumiko tages a swig of the bottle. It's... Strong stuff! Much stronger than she's used to! "Oof! Is this sake? I don't understand how people can drink that. It's way too strong."

Then, turning to Seka, she says, "I heard what the nose there said. Wow, a reflection of reality? How... How awful! Do they want to replace sensei? Does sensei want to replace herself?"

She shook her head.

"We really have to find out what's happening at school, Seka! Maybe if we change the situation, the demon world will change as well? Maybe it will stop trying to replace sensei?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Deep One's Altar

Wilbur erupts into uproarious laughter. "There's the fire that overcomes all! But you raise a good point; from your perspective, it's quite the odd binary. To put it in layman's terms, what you witnessed was a metaphorical crisis of identity and character turned literal. Your 'Sensei' evidently felt that something, whether it was an outside force or a deep part of her, was ready to break down her mental doors and demand she change, lest she suffer a fate worse than death. Well, now that you've gotten rid of that force, it's up to you lot to decide what happens to her. And such is part of the fun I get to have. I get to offer incentive for siding with my master."

"For you see, if the creature destroyed was, as you would call it, alien, then that means your Sensei is free to choose a new path, unburdened by outside influences. She will forget the events that transpired, your secrets will be safe, and what happens next will be entirely up to them. A fresh start on life, as it were."

The Velvet Room

Elizabeth chuckles. "I know not the contents of what I mixed, as I've mixed them so much that the original bottles' contents have long since been merged into the others. Variety is the mice of life, however!" She begins pouring another drink, this one for Seka, before stopping and putting a finger to her chin in thought. "Mice? Dice? Something multifaceted..."

Igor, meanwhile, perks up a bit at the mention of the token. "Yes, indeed, it sounds like your teacher had felt as though they were unable to continue moving forward as they were currently. You've done well by stopping her from making a rash decision about her personality. Which is where the tokens come into play. My master has given me the ability to provide a service for those whom you believe created their own personal demons. By bringing this token to me, your teacher will firmly remember the events that took place and reflect on both them and the creature that attempted to destroy her. While it may take some time, she will eventually come to accept it as a part of her, something she need not hide, and in fact can proudly use to overcome her own hardships when the time comes."

The other drink is tossed towards the table and lands by Seka without sliding, crashing, or spilling. "You are welcomed in advance!"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"What if we ask Aizawa Sensei?" Rumiko says, after thinking it over a bit. "I mean, we're not the ones who gotta live with the choice, right? I know Aizawa Sensei won't really remember it, but we could... I dunno, ask it in a 'hey, what if' way?" She says.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

"Hmm. That does seem like the best idea; but if that's what we want to do we need to be leaving quick if she's going to lose her memory like Wilbur here says. We should also let the others know ASAP. Fill them in on the plan and stuff."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka takes a drink. It's simultaneously amazing and terrible, and she barely manages to not pull a face.

"Okay, so the short version of that is, I give you the token, it helps Aizawa-sensei? Well, I'm convinced. Uh... how do I hand over the token? How metaphysical does this get?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

The Velvet Room

Reaching around for it, Seka manages to produce the item in question from thin air. In physical form, it is roughly the size of a poker chip. Igor's grin seems to widen slightly at its presence, but he refrains from making any sort of motion that would imply an intense desire for it. Holding a singular hand out, palm facing upwards, he speaks up again.

"You need only hand it over and state that, to your knowledge, the creature assailing this 'Aizawa' was one of her own creation. My master will take care of the rest. It may take some time for her to recover from both the ordeal and awaken to this new bond, but rest assured, she will be safe."

The Deep One's Altar

Wilbur maintains his grin. "A more than reasonable choice. There are of course certain other benefits to siding with my master, but those will be made known upon a successful transaction. One I am more than happy to wait however long you wish to take to ponder it. After all, it's your interpretation of the events..."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Yeah, sure, whatever. I solemnly swear that the horrible creature that attacked my teacher was created by her insecurities."

Seka coin-tosses the token into Igor's hand.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Well, we are actually more of a group of five and half of our number is elsewhere so we should talk to them... Oh right do you mind if I just take a picture real quick?" He snapped a picture of Wilbur at his desk, avoiding the weird non-euclidean architecture that surrounded it and sent the image to Seka.

IM Service

Yo_Kobayashi> Hey we went to the library and met this guy is he over where you are too?
Yo_Kobayashi> He says to give our coins to him and Aizawa won't remember what happened tonight, what have you found?

TheNabster fucked around with this message at Jun 4, 2018 around 07:49

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka feels her phone buzz.

"Whups, sorry. Gotta get this." She perused the phone messages with a slight frown, and then responds.

LadyOfWar> uhhh this dude looks kinda hot, we got a long nose old guy who says to give him the tokens to make Aizawa remember and grow stronger from it???
LadyOfWar> he's got a cute assistant who doesn't obey the underage drinking law so this joint seems p cool
LadyOfWar> also I just gave him the token lol

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko reads over Seka's shoulder and says," Tell them to bring their friend here. Do they want a cocktail? I think the coin should cover our bill, haha. It seemed super valuable to them."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

"Huh." There's little else to say about Seka's action. "I guess... in the long run growing from this might be better for Sensei, but if Seka rushing off and doing something on her own before talking to everyone else is goin to become a thing... well is that going to be a thing thats a problem for us, guys?" Shin asks the other two.

"Er, Wilbur? It looks like one of our team mates went and gave our Sensei's coin to the other guy. Does it mean anything that that was her decision and not everyone elses, or is the coins ultimate owner the only thing that matters?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

The Deep One's Altar

Wilbur...takes a very surprised expression at this turn of events. His aloof and condescending airs just vanish, and he tugs at his collar, seeming genuinely disturbed. There's a bit of a rumbling from the pillar, and the man is muttering something under his breath which sounds like a tongue completely foreign to humans. A few moments later, he begins speaking.

"This...this is quite alright. This is exactly the sort of scenario we'd been thinking about. I was expecting a great deal more deliberation, but given the circumstances, I...cannot fault you for this. Unfortunately, the item in question is spent, with no real means of taking it back. This...does not please my master. However...there will of course be multiple opportunities for this. This was just the first 'point' on the proverbial scoreboard..."

He taps at his temples for a few moments before finally seeming to regain his composure and usual state.

"Now then, it would seem your business here has concluded. I would suggest you deliberate rather than allow people to make such rash decisions in the future, but I can't stop you. Just be aware my master is in direct opposition to the other side."

He sits back down in his desk and furiously scribbles down on his paperwork, making a "shoo, shoo" gesture with his hands and avoiding making eye contact with the group.

The Velvet Room

The coin handily lands directly in Igor's palm. He holds it up, as if to inspect it further, then places it in a coat pocket. "Rest assured you will not be disappointed with the result of this transaction. Your 'Aizawa' will be visited by my master in her sleep tonight, taken to a place not unlike here, a place between dream and reality, to better come to terms with themselves and find their own mask with which to wear to face the rigors of life. The process is harmless, but she will likely take a few weeks to adjust to the sensation."

Meanwhile, Elizabeth perks up at the coin being accepted. A smile forms on her face. "Not to influence your decision, but should you continue supporting us, I would greatly appreciate the effort. As I said, I have a jacketed interest in this side winning. The prize is really quite something; priceless in every way, yet to the right people, worth dooming the entire world over trying to retrieve. But do not let me bore you with old stories. I'm sure you've other people you need to meet with now."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

April 19th, 2020. 7:55 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suOoYogz_f0

With nothing else to do but wait for the results of your actions, the lot of you headed home to get some much-needed sleep. Those of you with injuries got some sidelong glances from your parents, but nothing that a well-spun excuse couldn't swat away. Thoughts of whether you made the correct choice or not, or, indeed, whether either of these factions you've met will keep their word, swirl around among your usual dreams, though in Seka and Yumiko's case, the aether consumed paints everything in a very pretty pastel, with a blue butterfly consistently floating throughout the dreamscape.

Waking up and heading towards the train station, the chatter's from the usual sources continues.

"You think that homeroom teacher's gonna be alright? Who the heck takes sick days just out of the blue?"

"Who knows? Not like it matters. We either get a doormat who'll let us use our cell phones in class or that other guy. Win-win."

"Fair enough."

April 19th, 2020. 8:20 AM

Class time draws near, and everyone waits with baited breath to see who arrives. At first, it's no one. Folks begin discussing the possibility of a botch in the system and begin actively playing with their phones or other electronic devices. In fact, it takes until the exact minute of 8:30 before a face you're relieved to see steps in. Hakari Aizawa carries with her a name plate featuring her name as she takes bold steps towards her desk, then very firmly plants it on its wooden surface, getting the attention of the classroom and hushing some of the chatter.

"Hello, class. I apologize for yesterday, I felt a bit overwhelmed. Unprofessional as that is..." she gives an apologetic bow. "...I've had some time to think about everything, and I'm confident I can handle everything else now. Speaking of handling, I believe you all need to start handing in your cell phones. You know the rules: keep it in your pocket during class time or it goes in the drawer." When the masses, understandably, seem confused at this turn of events, she gives a firm, but not angry, slam of her hand onto the desk.

"I will not accept 'what' for an answer. You're here to learn, and you can't do that if you're looking up pictures of cats or chatting with friends instead of listening to my lecture. Hand them over."

A collective groan overcomes the classroom as they, reluctantly, begin passing their phones forward, some opting to set passwords for their devices for the very first time before doing so. Aizawa seems rather pleased with this turn of events. Once all of the initially-visible phones are out of the picture, the lecture begins as normal, discussing the finer points of literary structure.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[] 2[] 3[]

Seka dreamed of fighting demons in a saturated world. She was wearing a long kimono. Who was she? She felt heat on her back. Yumi was there in a Sailor Moon outfit, and when Seka woke up she decided she didn't want to talk about that part.

It made sitting back next to Yumi awkward. Well, it was partly the reason. How did you talk about going to a crazy nightmare world and fighting a demon and then talking to an old man who might be a god? Like, even though Yumi was there and saw all of that. It was weird. And she might bring up the dream. Oh boy.

Thankfully, she didn't have to bring that up. Aizawa walked into the class and began kicking rear end. Seka grins, knowing that this turn of events all down to her.

"Hell yeah," she whispers to Yumi. "Aizawa takin' names now."

This might be the first lesson she pays attention to. She looks behind her to throw a thumbs-up at someone in the party that she recognizes.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko closes the 4gag page on her phone and passes it to the front with a heavy sigh.

"Mistakes. Were. Made," she whispers to Seka.

When Aizawa glances over, Yumiko keeps her mouth shut and bolts upright in her seat. She was glad Aizawa was feeling better, but drat... It's going to be a long morning.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Shin's phone is saved from the initial culling, if only because he couldn't afford a decent plan to go looking at cats and whatever else. As the phones belonging to everyone else slowly make their way to the front of the class, Shin takes a moment to ponder his Sensei's change.

'All in all... I guess for being subjected to god knows what in a dream world, this is pretty okay.'

There's little else to do or say except settle in for class, isolated as he is from the others on top of Aizawas new laser point focus.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

And Yo at this point felt incredibly conflicted. On the one hand, Aizawa was now being treated with a measure of respect. He hadn't seen much of things that the girls had learned about her circumstances but he saw enough to know that people tended to take advantage of her, so on the one hand this would be good for her in the long run.

On the other hand though, he would have felt a lot better about it if this decision was a unanimous team decision that they had all agreed to make, not one that was made by just one of their number while 3/5ths of them weren't even in the same room. That stung for Yo Kobayashi, and was something that he strongly felt the need to confront Seka about it when they met up later.

But politely of course because Yo Kobayashi is a quiet, non-confrontational soul and Seka scared the bejeebus out of him and could most likely kick his rear end if he pissed her off. In the meantime he paid attention to his lessons and quietly counted the minutes to lunch.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko's cell phone too escaped the culling, but she was still missing a bit of the lecture worrying. At the time itself, she'd mostly been angry at the two figures about the idea of these 'beings' playing some kind of game with mortals, but now the questions they rose were intense. Aizawa-sensei seemed a lot better off, a lot happier even? But had they forced it on her? Was this going to make her happier? Did she perhaps this kind of thing was wrong? Had this meant that the 'fake' Aizawa got her way after all? And the worst thing was that it had happened without talking to her.

But well, from what the guy said, this would just be the first one, right?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Hm. People seemed to be looking at her funny. And they didn't seem cool with Aizawa kicking rear end. Uhm.

Seka, through the medium of passed notes and hand signals, attempts to convey to the affected party members that she would like to meet them on the roof of the main building at lunch. Hopefully that works - she's not sure. Hopefully nobody's mad at her!

Then lunchtime comes around, and she's on the roof, overlooking the view of the surrounding city and desperately trying not to let anything show that she's nervous. Gotta be in charge. Gotta be the hero. Can't take poo poo. But they're your friends, right?

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

Yo is the first one up there, having received word of secret meetings on top of the rooftop.

Now he had hoped that the others would be there when he arrived but it was just Seka, and that made him nervous, but not nervous enough to not open up the bag as soon as he sat down and saw a lack of other students or teachers. Tomo clambered out of the pack and padded her way towards Seka, rubbing up against her leg.

"So uhm... How are you this morning?" He said, radiating nervousness that he hope wasn't showing, whilst not noticing his company's nervousness also. It was a very nervy atmosphere.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

It takes Shin a surprisngly long time to make his way up to the roof; you would think all the students desperate to get out of his path would make getting around easier, but no, usually it just caused more traffic problems. And it's not like anyone responds well when he tries to navigate them diplomatically.

When he finally get's to the roof, Shin is tired, frustrated and probably has another rumour or two tacked onto his reputation. Seeing Yu and Seka and the atmosphere already there waiting, he does the only thing he can do. He get's out a basketball (seemingly out of nowhere to the others watching) and loses himself in a light work out. A few minutes in, he asks grinning. "Either of you up for a quick round or two? We can't do anything to heavy up here, but I could up your dribbling skills..."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Yo, Yo."

Seka grins at her own little joke. Yo is a bit smaller than her and looks super nervous. Maybe she can mess with him a bit, would be fun. But hey, here's Shin Soichi. The dude seemed to live basketball. Probably to escape from working at her dad's. She'd probably go crazy too if she had to work there.

"Sure, I'll go a round." She kneels down to pet the kitty - kitty! - before shrugging off the blazer and approaching Shin in the best defensive stance she can remember.

"So, what's the nervousness, little guy?" This is aimed at Yo. "I'm not that scary that you can't talk about poo poo, right?"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Death, but with a gun

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

Yo sat back down, looked at the basketball in Shin's hand and held his hands up. "I'm not much of a sports guy, sorry. I did used to play Baseball and that was as far as I got." As Tomo made her was over to him he let her clamber up onto his lap. He jumped a little when a question came spinning out from Seka at him.

"Oh? Oh no no, nothing like that I was just waiting for everyone else first, I mean we have to talk about that stuff so we should have everyone here, right? It's important supernatural stuff."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

If Yo was hoping to stave Shin off, that was the wrong thing to say.

"You played Baseball eh? What position? Any Leagues? What's your favourite team? Who's you're favourite player? Ever think of signing up? We've got a pretty good Baseball team here, you know!" and on and on as he and Seka dart around each other.

Seka is good, and quick, but one-on-one it would take some serious skill to challenge Shin in his element. During a quick break, he asks the others "Any clue on where the others are?"

OscarDiggs fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2018 around 19:48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] []

Yumiko gingerly opens the door to the roof and shuffles towards the rest.

"So, great stuff yesterday! Mission accomplished, everything perfect, except now I can't text in class any more. What's next?" She asks, hoping to dodge the difficult questions such as "why didn't you consult us first" or "what is wrong with you, for real?"

«8 »