Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -
Aspects: None

Rumiko was as tense as a bowstring. The holidays mainly consisted of the moving to the city, and getting used to the new life. The small apartment with the thin walls to the neighbors, the ever present noise of the city, even at night, and the smell in the air, all of them were still vaguely alien to her. And of course, her two little brothers being all excited about everything didn't really make her feel better. Felt like she needed a vacation to recover from the vacation.

And now, the first day of school. Of big city high school. She'd been awake near dawn, but that wasn't really unusual. Shower, get dressed, help make breakfast. Mother had to get to work too, so she had to bring Takeda (11) and Hatsuo (9) to their school, having to both navigate the underground system and prevent the two kids from running off to investigate the Big City on their own. Then, after getting them safe to the school gates, she had to travel some more time, in those densely packed, claustrophobic boxes to take her to the station near her school. At least there were none of the gropers she had read so much about. She considered whether to maybe go to school on a bike in the future, but then again, big city traffic looked lethal.

At least some good news she would have heard on the way. Home Economics. That sounded like something she could look forward to. Maybe she could make some stuff from back home, let people taste it. And she'd make a ton of friends and everything would be a lot better and she'd finally feel at home in the city. That would be nice.

Of course, once she was in the school, well on time, it took her some time to find it. The school was much larger than the one back home. She asked for some help here and there from students, and while they had pointed her the right way, she'd heard the giggles and snorts, and the girl that had pointed her the way had been mimicking her accent. Just the sense of humor of the city. It'd be alright. They'd get used to it right? She took one of the free desks in the class, hoping she wasn't doing anything wrong. The teacher at least, seemed kind. The fact that she looked as nervous as Rumiko was... oddly helpful in a way.

She sat at the desk, her uniform neatly pressed, some long stockings worn underneath the skirts for modesty. (gotta be careful with city boys. She hoped the nervousness wasn't too clear on her face. She peered around a bit. She didn't really know anyone here. A lot of the girls looked like, well, they looked like exactly what her parents were worried she'd turn into. Immodest and frivolous girls. Well, she wasn't planning in... acting like that, but she sure hoped to get along with them at least. Or at the very least not getting picked on. She briefly looked over the boys too. They seemed, alright, she guessed? She noticed that one of them, a tall one with blue hair seemed to be given ample space as he walked to his desk. Was he one of the notorious city delinquents? Well, who knew, maybe in the city this was just a sign he was really respected? Some other boy though didn't look intimidating at all. Looked more like a cute lil' fella.

The paper came to her, she nervously signed her name and stood. "I'm Rumiko Tsubasa. Nice to meet all y''all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Approaches:

"Oh, I'm from Shikoku, born and bred." She'd have answered to Yuu, but she didn't want to get in trouble with the teacher, so she'd keep herself from engaging in a lot more conversation. She paid close attention to the first class, not wanting to miss any information and have to look more out of place than she wanted to be. The mentioning of Home Economics made her smile though. She definitely looked forward to that one. Of course, she did hear the whispers from people, and her cheeks reddened in embarrassment, fists clenching.

At the end of the day, she sighed. Well, there had been some looks. Some chuckling, but all in all, things weren't too bad. Then, the tall guy came up to her, with a wave. It was friendly enough. "Oh, eh, hey Soichi-Kun. Ah yes. My ol' school had an archery club. Mostly just an ol' shed with an old teacher and some bows, but it was good times. Wasn't a bad shot myself. Heard this place got an archery club too, so I was lookin' to give it a look."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

He seemed like a pretty good person. She smiled. "That's mighty kind. I'd be glad to have someone come along. Have to admit I had a bit of trouble findin' the classroom this mornin'. Hah, ain't too proper for a gal to be jumpin' along with a bunch of guys like that eh? But maybe I'll come an' watch, if I've got the time. Got to help out the parents a bit. But I do like archery. I'm not... competitive or anythin'. It's just, you know, a good way to just focus on a simple thing. But I imagine it's terribly boring to watch compared to basketball though."

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 14, 2017 around 22:12

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

The two of them made their way to the school, mostly in silence, except for the occasional direction where important rooms were. Rumiko tried to pay close attention to where they were walking, rather than just blabbing more, and it seemed to fit Shin fine. Of course, it did mean that she noticed that half the students they walked past rubbernecked when they walked, and they left a trail of whispering and giggling students in their wake. Her cheeks flushed a bit, but she tried to pretend she didn't notice. She didn't want to embarrass Shin. Finally, they came to a building a bit separated from the rest of the school. The doors were a fair bit sturdier than most. She assumed you didn't want to give students to easy access to the bows and arrows there. When they entered, the conversation inside died as everyone looked at the tall man enter, looking at eachother.

Rumiko herself decided to break the silence. "Eh, howdy everyone. I'm Rumiko Tsubasa, a new transfer student. I was thinkin' of joinin' the archery club? Shin-Kun here was helpin' me find it." The last part was said in an almost challenging tone. She was getting a bit sick of folks acting like she showed up with a yakuza or something. She noticed one bespectacled boy run towards the far end, where a slightly older girl, who seemed to ignore the commotion, was taking deep breaths as she held the arrow ready. The bespectacled boy seemed hurried, but still waited, until finally the archer released and sent the arrow flying, hitting the bullseye.

"What is it, Samato-kun." She said. He just pointed towards the two newcomers. "Ah, I see. It is rare we have the pleasure to see the captain of the basketball team here, Shin-Kun. And I have not made the acquaintance of your fellow?"

Rumiko smiled brightly, finally someone who was polite to him. She made a small bow. "Hi there, Nice to meetcha. Sorry to interrupt you while you're practicin', but I just arrived at school. In my old school I also did kyudo, an' I want to continue doin' it."

There was a moment of silence as some of the other students seemed taken aback at the greeting, but the other student just made a polite bow back. "Very nice to meet you, Tsubasa-san. I am Enomoto Katsuko, captain of the Archery club. I'm always happy to have people with experience from another school. It is an opportunity to further develop our practice."

Rumiko grinned. "Hah, thanks. It was a lot smaller than here, but I'm real glad to be able to continue to do some things like before. So when does the club meet?" There were some whispers again as that didn't seem to be the expected reaction. Katsuko showed her around a bit, and gave her the basic information, then excused herself to return to class activities, giving Shin a polite nod.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko was getting pretty drat curious what the big deal about Shin was. He was a good, serious guy. "Oh, you're remindin' me. I've got this... thing on my phone. Never was really one for these things. Can't even delete it. I'm kind of worried it's a virus or something." She took out her smartphone. A cheap model, with a little goat decoration on it. "Real insistent too. Not sure how it works though. Just... seems to be like a map app or somethin'?" She showed the game to Shin as well.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

She shrugged. "I guess. Got some time left. Just as long as they don't expect me to spend a yen on this thing. Got better things to do than peerin' at my phone all day." She slowly tapped some buttons, figuring out how to get the two in the party, then without much expectation pressed the button.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Briefly, Rumiko was looking too much at the app to really notice the world changing around her. In fact, the first thing she noticed where her own clothes. Leather wrapped tightly around her, the soft indoor shoes replaced by practical heavy boots. The robe she had picked to cover the tight armor hung over her arms. Something pressed on her face, and she could only assume it was the Kabuki mask she'd picked.

"What on earth. Is this... Is this some kind of prank?" She knows it's ridiculous as she says it, but her mind isn't really coming up with any non-ridiculous options. Then, the... horse like... things show up. She backs away. "This... this isn't funny." She said, backing away towards the door of the archery club. "We... gotta get out of here."

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 16, 2017 around 23:10

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -

The franctic run down the stairs right behind Shin sent her heart racing, the sound of the horse-like creatures falling down the stairs driving her to boosts of speed. She was glad she was used to heavier footwear from farm work back home, or she might have joined them in making a hard spill down the stairs.

The exit was in front of them though. Get out of this school. Get to safety. Find someone. Get away from them. Don't stop for anything. Some demon was near the side, not paying attention to them. Just run and get out. Except... what is the demon paying attention to? She briefly gazed at the cellphone, that she was still clutching in her hand. She briefly slowed down to look at it, and saw there were some other people in there. "Shin, there's people trapped there!" She called out. She stopped. What was she doing? What could she do?

Look. It's clear what these things are, right? Demons. Her family taught her about things like that, and what is done to them. Took her to temples. Taught her properly. Did she actually believe in any of that, or was it just as much pageantry as daytime television? "I'm... I'm going to try something. Either it works, or maybe it'll distract it, so the people inside there can escape."

She stepped forward, slamming the boot loudly on the floor, and started repeating the same sentence. 'harai tamae kiyome tamae rokkon shōjō'" There were kami. And they'd help her. She shouldn't think of second plans. Just... do this, do this properly, and... purify. And she started moving as she'd seen people do at the rituals back home. Slow, deliberate, forcing herself to look straight at the demon and not flinch. It was just dirt. Just uncleanliness. She had the knowledge to clean this. And so, trembling, she started to perform an Izumo-ryū kagura.

Going to try to Perform an Exoricsm on the Demon, a Clever +1 attempt to create an advantage
Cleverly create an advantadge: 4dF+1 -1 Use 1 FP to reroll that
Cleverly create an advantadge: 4dF+1 1

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]

Nothing. It did nothing. Rumiko's price was hurt, thought not quite as hurt as her forehead as she was slammed up against the lockers. Stupid. So stupid. She wasn't any kind of priest. Just some dumb girl from the country at the wrong place at the wrong time. She heard the crashing of the door, the screams of the girls inside. She was so useless. She leaned heavily up against the locker.

Shin's voice interrupted her melancholy, delivering a hard smack on the demon, distracting her from the girls inside. It was distracted! She moved to go inside, figuring she'd have to carry at least one of the girls, considering what that... thing had done to them.

"There's more comin'. We gotta get the heck outta... here."

What the...

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 18, 2017 around 20:08

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

The... beings that helped them vanish as soon as the mosnter... explodes into money? She sees Shin preparing to fight, Yumiko wanted to flee. Alright. Think. And don't try to think like a priestess, think like a farmgirl. Horses. What to do against angry horses. Can't just outrun them, don't just fight them. Spook 'em. She looks in the janitor's closet, rushing to grab one of the battle, looking for the tell-tale litlte warning-mark of a flame, as well as a book of matches. Her eyes can't help but notice a warning reading. 'Don't drink it unless you're trying to pussy out of life in a painful way, coward, in which case, bottom's up.' What the hell IS going on. She undoes the top and hurriedly pours a 'line' that would block the horses' way to them as well as she can.

"Alright, get ready to run again, folks! I darn well hope these things don't like fire any more than real horses do"

Quickly Create an advantadge: 4dF+2 0
Spend another Fate point for that reroll, applying Empress.
Quickly Create an advantadge: 4dF+2 5
Create a 'Firewall' Advantage, and a free invoke of it?

Shogeton fucked around with this message at May 19, 2017 around 10:53

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

She could the acrid scent of the burning chemicals even through her mask, but it worked. It worked better than expected even, as the doors opened. "C'mon Shin, let's make a run for it. If we can get to some ladder outside or somethin' we can get outta their reach! Let's go!" She turned to run as quickly as she could towards the exit before the fire would go out.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]

If Seka didn't grab her first, Rumiko would reach to grab her to prevent her from falling to the ground. She looked at Shin. "Might be. Might be she did the smart thing and got out of this world as soon as she could. We're not gonna be helping anyone by getting ourselves killed. If this things lets us go back, let's go back, see if we can do that, and what the blazes is goin' on here. We can see if Miss Aizawa is gone missing there, and then decide what we do."

She looked at the other girl. "You ah... Harada-san, right? Can you try and take her with you first? Two of us will wait here in case she doesn't come along with you and see about wakin' her up if she needs to be conscious to bring her back. No guarantees what works and what doesn't with... whatever this is." She looked at her own cellphone.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][X]

Rumiko holds Yumiko for a bit, only to suddenly look up when a new figure approached, dressed in a raincoat approached and... was that cat floating or was she just seeing things now? Whatever the case, she alerted Shin in case he hadn't seen him, positioning herself between the newcomer and the unconscious classmate.

"Who's there? You wanna step forward nice an' slowly, because we're all mighty twitchy with what's goin' on."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress [][][]

"Oh, sorry about that. But we're all a bit high strung at the moment on account of... well, sounds like y'all had the same welcome." She peered around. "Now, I'm all for a good nice talk, but I'd rather do it out of... whatever this place is first. Is your timer almost ran down too? We should move out together. And I'm gonna a lot more at ease if I know the other two are safe and sound. Who knows what this darn program is doin'."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko was close enough to Shin to have appeared together with him. On hearing the fire alarm still blaring, there is a guilty and nervous look in her eye. She didn't know how this drat app worked, but eh... she really hoped she hadn't actually set fire to the real school. Second thing she notices though, is that Aizawa-sensei is apparently safe and sound. Well, scratch one worry. Oh, and she was getting Yumiko home too? Good. Great! Everything was okay and she might be able to throw this smart phone away soon. Broken. Busted. Stolen. Whatever. It would be months before she could get a new one, but darn it, she'd done years without it, she could survive in the city without, right?

"That... was horrible." She said with a sigh.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko looked a bit spooked at that question, looking back and forth to make sure nobody had heard it. "Shhhhh... don't.... speak so loud." She said nervously. "There were some... evil horses in the school, and I used chemicals from the janitor's closet to make a wall of fire. It made sure the school gates opened too." She felt stupid and crazy saying it, and she just went through it. She tried to peer inside. "I eh... I really hoped there isn't really a fire."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -

Rumiko looked at Yo with alarm. "Wait, wait, wait. You've waited for somethin' like this? We were trapped with a bunch o' demons in some hellscape. We coulda been killed. we're outta there, Aizawa-sensei is also safe. Why the heck would we wanna go in there again?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Shouldn't we... tell the police? I mean, it sounds pretty 'Middle School Syndrome' and all, but, we could prove it with these phones, right?" She sounded doubtful, even as she spoke. "But yeah, ain't nothing wrong with having a look in the school to make sure everyone's okay."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko looks at the teaching staff approach. She gathered more of her composure, hoping the signs of exertions of all the running didn't show too much on her right now. She still remembered those words.

quote:

I repeat, will Hakari Aizawa kindly move to the teacher's lounge for more mockery?

Things in that world seemed to match somewhat to the real world. Did it mean her teacher was mocked among her colleagues? She seemed so out of place and unsure of herself. Rumiko found herself wanting to protect her from these other teachers, which was probably really silly right? She could just say she hadn't seen her, but well, since her car wasn't here, these people would know it anyway. So, maybe best to just say the truth, in a way that helped her.

"Aizawa-sensei is helping a student who wasn't feeling well get back home."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

The transfer student looks a bit bewildered as the innocent looking boy appears to have the numbers of all the girls in class? Is this... is this normal? She looks at Shin Soichi, who seems to be pretty calm about it. It must be pretty normal then. "Alright. I'll, put the number in the phone then. And write it down somewhere. I'm not sure I trust this smartphone." She gave it a suspicious glare, then moved to go along towards the meeting place.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko nodded. It was good to at least have someone else to confirm it. Or she might feel she was having some sort of breakdown or hallucinations. "That... does seem to be what happened. Soichi-kun and I had just left the archery club when we decided to try this... thing that was on our smartphone. I thought it was weird because I hadn't installed any apps on it. But I thought it couldn't do no harm to try it out." She grimaced a bit at that. "How did you three do it anyway." She included Yu in that question. "The calling on those protectors?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Can't rightly say it was the truth.. More like it looked like some warped version. Like how someone who really dislikes the world would see it. I remember the sign on the archery club said 'for losers who want guns but can't get them' or somethin' like that. An' there was a call goin' out for Aizawa-sensei to report to the faculty office for mocking." She looked a bit concerned. "You think she's alright? I don't know her, but she don't look very happy. I'm glad she wasn't stuck in that Mirrorverse, but maybe we should look into her. See if there's any troubles there that are linked to it?"

"Anyway, we shouldn't go in there unless we know there's some folks to save. For now, maybe we should figure out if anyone else got these darn apps. When did you find it on your smartphones? If it's all the same day, we could ask around a bit without soundin' like we lost our minds."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Go in again?" Rumiko stood. "Why... we almost died there. If someone was stuck in there and we had to save them, I guess that's a thing we oughta do, but it's just daft to go to that terrible place jus' to make some yen." She looked around. "What if we try to talk to some other students. Find out more about what's goin' on with Aizawa-sensei. Don't need not weird, demon infested hellscape to see if somehing's wrong there."

She started to notice she was being outnumbered here. She sat down. "Though if you're goin', I suppose you should count me in. If one of you guys suddenly vanishes forever, I'd never forgive myself."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko goes to Shin's desk. It seems sleep was not a thing he was going to get soon. "Shin-kun." She said, heedless of the fact that 'the yokel transfer student' talking to 'the scary delinquent' in public was probably cause for rumours to increase. "Have you heard the teachers talk? There's something suspicious going on." She scowled. "They were talkin' about some new and girly guy taking Aizawa-sensei's place. They were really creepy about it as well." She looked in Yo's direction and asked more quietly, with a hint of guilt in her features. "Eh... has Yo-kun been in this school for long?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

It took a few seconds for Rumiko to realize what Shin was saying, and for the conversation of the teachers to be re-examined in a less paranoid way. "Ah... oh... yes, of course. Taking her place for this class. That eh... that makes a lot more sense than what I was thinkin' off." She felt a blush rise to her cheeks. "I... may have looked up this 'Snatcher' thing that Yo was talking about darn it, I didn't have an easy time sleepin'. Why do people play such creepy games anyway?"

She took a seat. Yep, that's what they were talking about. Probably. Right? I mean, if people vanished all the time, the police would notice right? Unless, just like that Snatcher thing, they were replaced with robots. She got an idea and went to Yo, feeling a bit guilty about having accused him of being girly, and he did seem the most knowledgeable about these Snatchers and all kind of creepy things. "Look, if there's Snatchers, maybe we should have some kind o' codeword, so if one of us gets snatched and replaced or somethin', we can know that it's not the real us'?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"I was... more thinking about code phrases so we'd know when someone got compromised, but I suppose we can use code names? If we got snatched, then they wouldn't know that, right?" She thought for a moment. "Black Miho perhaps? I mean, we wouldn't want the demons to know our names, because then they could send snatchers after us or the people near us."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko was attentive even before the cookies were revealed. Home Economics were an important class. Her mom had taught her a few basic things, but she wanted to make sure she could deal with a household well when the time came. She'd been a bit hesitant, wondering if a male teacher really should teach something like that, but the smell of those cookies were hard to argue with. Though she wondered if he knew more than just cooking. She supposed she'd find out during that class.

And then her mind turned back to their crisis. Would he know something? Maybe she should just ask. Making sure she was one of the last in line so she didn't have someone else waiting behind her as she asked, she'd softly ask. "Yukimura-sensei, do you know if Aizawa-sensei is alright? It all seems so sudden, so I hope there's nothing serious going on?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko startled when she was singled out. She had been paying attention, she was usually a pretty obedient student. There had been a teacher back home who had a weird hang up about European Classical history. Wore a toga in class.. Apparently part of some family. Had a sister obsessed with Ancient Egypt and a brother who always dressed up as a samurai. "Eh.... is it... Catharsis or something like that?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

The classes moved forward, and Rumiko was glad that at least she got the answer right. Did she feel refreshed after leaving that world and all the dread there? Well, no, because even if she left it, she knew it was still there right? And she knew that Aizawa-sensei was still in trouble. What did the teacher mean with that remark about her anyway? They had to find out more and, well, much as she was worried about going into that other world again, maybe that was the only place they'd be able to find some answers.

She decided to investigate the app. She didn't really have anything on it. Was there any way to 'buy' things on this thing? Maybe, weapons, or something to protect them from all those creatures wandering around?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Oh? Now they were getting somewhere. Someone was actually selling people this. Which meant that at the very least, he'd know more. It might even be the person responsible. And if not, well, then maybe they could find some way to improve their chances. She went to Yo, who seemed to be... somewhat knowledgeable about this.

"Yo-Kun, I was tryin' to see what's around on this darn thing, and found this thing. Apparently we can buy some stuff to help us there. Well, hopin' we ain't buyin' a lemon of course."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Well, if we're doin' it in real life, we shouldn't really run into any demons, right? An' if we make the place we meet somewhere we can easily get away if things go bad it's a lot safer. An' if we're gonna go into that world anyway, maybe havin' some extra things ain't really a bad thing." She thought. "Should probably wait till the end of school though. don't wanna miss our afternoon classes. If the faculty is in on this thing, we don't wanna look suspicious, right?"

She gave an uncomfortable look. "Also, eh, I don't really have all that much money. Yen or Macca, whatever that is. Not sure if you've got some money?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Was just a lil' bit distracted by the horse stampede heading for us and lightin' fires. Anyway, we should probably wait for this thing till after afternoon classes, right? Let me send a message to Seka-san and Yumiko-san." She exited the app and started sending the message to them.

quote:

On our app is a way to contact someone who's looking to sell us things for in the Mirrorworld. We think we should go and see what they're about before we go in there again. Do you have time after school?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

She didn't know what she expected. Probably someone with a cell phone or a laptop, who might put things on this weird app that would let them have these things in the Mirrorworld? Going into the alley was not something she liked to do. But well, if something bad happened, people were still within relatively easy distance, right?

And then the van opened, and there was the double shock of seeing several, no fooling GUNS laying out there, with a scary, half metal looking foreigner asking them a weird question. "What? I don't really know what that means, sir.. We're tryin' to find out what's goin' on with with this other world, and the people that are bein' snatched. And we were wonderin' if you could tell us somethin'. Or if not, we could see about gettin' something to be better prepared."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Hey, should we really go and pick sides in this thing when we don't even know anythin' about any of the sides? For all we know one of them is evil or somethin'."

She wasn't even going to start on the sudden hostility on the police.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Well... darn all that." Rumiko looked actually angry at that, even if she managed to avoid cursing. She couldn't avoid her accent playing up though. "I don't care a whit 'bout law and chaos and big , fancy things. All I know is, people are bein' dragged in that dangerous world, and that ain't right. I dunno who or what is settin' that in motion, but one way or the other we're puttin' a stop to this. An' I'm gonna find whoever is turnin' people's lives in some stupid game an' scares the heck outta me and put me in that disgusting, ugly world an' I'm gonna give 'em a serious piece o' my mind. I dunno what this collective unconsciousness is, but I'm fixin' to just make em regularly unconscious when I'm done with 'em."

She then caught herself. "Ah... I'm sorry. Just been a bit of a... crazy few days." She started gathering what little Yen she had. "Eh, I didn't really gather any money back then. I was tryin' to do somethin' to stop the horses. What do you got?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Rumiko picks out a good looking bow, as well as a quiver with arrows. "We should maybe not keep this at our homes? Just store them together in a place. We're only going to use them to go in the mirror world, and only when we're together." She added a set of knee and elbow pads, and boots with plating on them to protect those parts. "I admit. I was hopin' these items would just go into the apps like the clothing we picked. We could get in some serious trouble if we're caught with these things."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

There was a fair bit to unpack there. Among which the fact that if they were 'rogue' humans, there were presumably 'non-rogue' humans who hung around here? However, that could come later, for now, they had to protect Aizawa-sensei. The dog seemed eager to do so as well, but the creature, whatever it was, seemed to be eager to kill her. (Why hadn't she done it already? What did the fake sensei mean by 'holding out')

For now, she'd best try to make sure she wouldn't get hurt by the violence going on. She rushed forward, trying to position herself between the creature on one side, and the dog and Aizawa-sensei on the other, grabbing a table and turning it over to form a makeshift barricade.

"I don't rightly know what the heck is goin' on, but I know this. Ain't no way we're letting you hurt Aizawa-sensei!" She shouted.

Quickly Defending Aizawa Sensei: 4dF+2 2

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

Couldn't really dodge the blow, not with sensei right behind her. She heard the staccato of gunfire, but her whole world seemed to simplify, focus down to only the words from the parody of the kindly teacher, and the ball of shards that went up and down. She moved, teeth bared as her parents had always taught her to deal with things head on. She just had to step in, and grab the bat. Just reach forward and grab...

She was too slow. The ball exploded, and her entire world became hot, searing pain and the sound of her screaming as the leather gloves of her palm did nothing to shield it from taking the blast full on, smaller shards scoring marks all over her body. her tall form seemed to shrink as she fought to collapse against the pain. She looked at the palm, seeing her own masked face in the blood stained shards.

Forcefully Grab the Bat: 4dF+3 0 Gonna eat poo poo, like a proper Persona character before Awakening. Take a Minor Consequence 'Palm Cut up' and the third mark stress

She staggered. Was she endangering everyone again by being clueless? Was she just being a dumb country hick?

Don't doubt your ways, woman of soil and sweat. They are far older and more real than anything else.

The voice came out of nowhere, though it half seemed like the bloodstained reflection on the shards in her flesh seemed to look at her. The pain seemed to intensify, like a fire coursing through her body.

They made a fake world of plastic and glass, and pretend they are now above birth and death. And they wrote up little temporary rules and called everyone who doesn't play by them a fool. But yours are the rules that predate written law.

The fire seemed to grow only hotter, even as the pain lessened. The screaming started to sound like it came from a farther distance away. The voice, female, older, but familiar grabbed her full attention.

Life and Death, the Mother gives, nurtures and protects life, and the Mother destroys life and feeds on it to feed others. Let the other girls cling to childish things and play their games. Under their expensive clothes and painted faces they are flesh and blood, and they will know your laws in the end. You are turning into a woman grown, TAKE that strength, and USE IT! I AM THOU, THOU ART I, The Wood Calls us

There was a sudden clarity, and a complete lack of doubt. She realized she was still hunched over, holding her hands. Slowly, calmly, she squared her shoulders, raised her head to look the fake Aisawa-sensei in the eyes. "Yeah, I'm a country gal. Where I come from, we don't turn our head when good folks are in trouble. And we ain't afraid of gettin' out hands dirty." She held out her hand, showing the shards pressed into the skin.

"And it's gonna take more than some glass shards to get past it. So lemme tell it to ya straight, city woman, if ya can understand straight talk." And then she clenched her fist, hissing as pain and power flowered through her, and blood dripped in a steady pace on the ground. "I'm protectin' her, AND the dog, and my friends here. And if ye're too drat mule-headed to get that, I grew up on a farm, and I know how to deal with that kind of thing."

Her hand came to her mask and tore it off. "PERSONA!"

Underneath her, the blood suddenly darkened and moved, turning into a black mass that grew underneath her, taking a wet, fleshy colour, growing into a large creature that vaguely resembled a goat, if a goad was filled with extra mouths, eyes and tentacles all over its body. Already, small, satyr like creatures were falling off of it, only to be snatched and redevoured by the tentacles and maws. And on top of that, unhindered by mouths or tentacles and the leather of her outfit making it somewhat hard to say where the Persona ended and she began Rumiko sat and glared down at the Shadow imperiously.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at Nov 23, 2017 around 14:41

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

She is prepared for a hard fight, but she wasn't quite prepared for... well, that. But then, she didn't fight alone, did she? Shub Niggurath seemed to vanish again, but, not... quite completely. Not like there was something new in her head, more a door opened she had held closed. She still felt... angry... This was not.. how she was supposed to be right? By whom? The deep, soul-searching questions were interrupted by some concenrs like Aizawa-sensei and, well, her hand.

She nods at Seka. "I don't think my persona is sick, it is supposed to look that way I feel. But thanks." She looked at it. "Well, it seemed to work yesterday when Harada-san took Seka-san back home yesterday. Perhaps we can just do that again One or two of ya move back and take her along, some of us stay here in case she doesn't come back with ya?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"I'm gonna take a guess an' say those two have somethin' to do with that Chaos and Law thing that foreigner with the guns was talkin' about. Igor sounds a bit Russian, Wilbur is probably an American or Russian or something?" She says, trying to figure out which one is which." As the Yumiko/Seka pair lodges itself in the teacher's house, Rumiko nods. "Alright, just behave yourselves, right? Two of you are guests, savin' lives or not. Don't do nothin' improper. She's had a hard enough day."

Of course, all that was said before she left with the others. "So, we waitin' for another day so we can all go together? Or do we go see one of 'em now. Kinda thinkin' I wanna visit both of them to hear what kind of war this is, and what these Snatcher's got to do with it."

«2 »