Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda, The Tower
Approaches:
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspects: None

Ugh. Uuuugh. Uuuuuugghllblblbl. School. Worst.

That had been Seka's thought process for most of the trip to school. She'd shared some perfunctory conversation with her dad over breakfast. The usual stuff. Get good grades. Behave. Don't get into trouble. All of that useless crap that didn't matter. She was probably just going to go into running the business after she left, like Dad wanted, as if good grades meant anything when you ran a crappy fast food joint that only high school kids ate at.

The feelings of frustration had followed her throughout her transit, and she'd not really interacted with anyone as she'd headed to her seat. She was in too much of a bad mood to even do her classic ronin swagger into the room, preferring to just slump down in her seat and hate life. There were a few whispers, of course, but she never cared. Let people think whatever. That rear end in a top hat deserved what he got, anyway.

She spent the time waiting doodling some kaiju in the back of her notebook, and tried to recall who was in her class. Shin, that dude who worked at the fast food joint and was apparently the scariest basketball player in Japan. Eh. She could probably take him in a fight, but she didn't have any reason to and everyone else on the team seemed to like him, so whatever. Working for dad was probably hell enough. There was also Yo, the kid who'd snuck a cat into class as if nobody could hear it meowing. Weirdo. He'd went solidly in the "ignore" pile in the last year, but maybe he might do something this year. Maybe he'd let the cat poop in the teacher's desk. Top pranksssss.

Oh, and of course, her gal pal Yumiko! Seka turned around at her words and was confronted with bloodshot eyes.

"Yumiko? Jeez, you look like you're gonna die. You been on a Netflix binge again? Here." She rummaged in her bag and handed Yumi an energy drink. "Chug that before afternoon classes or you're gonna keel over."

In response to Yumiko's question, she looked over at the country girl. Rumiko? Man, that was confusing. "Her? Dunno. She's from the sticks, isn't she? I'm surprised she didn't get lost on the subway. Guess we'll see what she's like soon."

Her lips curled into a smile. "Names are a little close, huh? How many times d'you reckon Aizawa's gonna get you and her mixed up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Freeeedooooom!

Now then. Seka, standing at the school gates, looked down at her phone.

This app. This drat app. It came on last night and wouldn't uninstall itself. But it kinda just appeared to be a game. A creepy, weird game. Hopefully it wasn't a virus that was trying to take her money. Then again, most mobile games were just trying to take your money anyway.

Ugh. Maybe she should just head to the mall instead. Do some retail therapy. Better than risking booting up this thing...

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Hm?"

Yumiko had it too? Uhm... okay. That's freaky. Why would she have it? Yumiko was bright enough to not download weird things.

"I dunno... aren't phone viruses pretty rare? We'd have had to have downloaded something, I think. And I don't remember downloading this." Seka watched idly as Yumiko fretted over her avatar and the tiny map, until something caught her eye.

"Wait a second..." She looked back down at her own app and fired it up. Sure enough, there was her avatar... and, standing next to it, a tiny Yumiko! "Hey, I can see you on this! So, it's one of those Augmented Reality dealies? Like that kid's thing that came out a while back?"

Seka craned her head back to look up at the sky. "Weird... Do you think other people are playing it, too?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Otherworld...?

"Eh, sure. Why not." Seka wasn't quite sure if she was making the right choice, but she kept her voice level. "I haven't got any other plans for today. Take us to the party!"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Uhm."

Seka looks down in surprise at her costume - a weird punk-ish number she'd picked whilst fiddling with the character outfitter. She looks up at the metallic, looming replica of the school, the cloud cover and the swarm of neon lights.

"Yumi?" Shock and fear have entered her voice. "This doesn't look like a party. In fact, I'd guess this isn't a party at all. There's, uh, a distinct lack of red cups."

She watched the school gates slowly grind towards their closed position with wide eyes.

"Can... can you get us back? Please say yes. We need to get back."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"...Me too."

Seka looked around frantically at the surroundings. Nothing showed itself as a good place to go. Nothing welcoming, or safe, or friendly.

"Well... there isn't anywhere to go. I'm not going into... where our school used to be? We could get trapped here. Let's... just try walking home."

She felt Yumiko's eyes on her like an accusation. "Well, I mean, I don't have any better ideas. I'll accompany you home, at least."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Alright. Lights means people, maybe."

Seka turns to the school. The gates were still grinding shut. Decision time.

"Yeah okay, let's go. Stick close."

She lead the way, but the lights from the school and the noise of the gates still set her on edge.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Video game. Small red thing. Big red exclamation point. Didn't take a genius to figure out.

"Yumi!" Seka hissed, nudging her friend. "We got company!" She looked around frantically for somewhere to hide. Where was the janitor's closet, there was always one on each floor, they're where the third years made out all the time - THERE!

She grabbed Yumiko by the wrist and dragged her towards the closet to hide from the thing that was approaching.

Quicky Overcome to hide from the demon!: 4dF+1 0

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[x] 2[x] 3[x]

Are you afraid?

What a dumb question to ask herself. She was terrified. She was going to die lying on the floor of a closet in a creepy demon world. Was it her asking the question?

I was afraid too, once. I felt the fear one feels when there is no escape. But you have a chance. Death is not certain.

Seka looked up, past Yumiko's pained expression, to her phone on the floor of the closet. It reflected back at her. She saw her face. Her (real?) face, clad in gold, eyes blind. A suggestion of wings and sunlight.

Why don't we share our power? You who desires to fight for those who cannot, call upon me.

She scrabbled out from under the door, crawling towards her phone. She was dimly aware of Yumiko doing the same besides her.

I am thou. Thou art I.

She reached her phone, picked it up.

I am Icarus. Come with me and we will seize the sun in our hands.

The word came unbidden to her lips, even as she brought her bruised fist down onto her screen and shattered the glass.

"PERSONA!"

A figure leapt from her phone screen in a whirl of gold feathers, metal clinking, sunlight. She didn't need words - she turned, now up on one knee, and pointed a shaking finger at the demon. Icarus filled the space, wind erupting from its wings like razorblades.

(Flashily Attacking. 4dF - (bb+-) = 0, +2, +2 from Faked Out, +2 from the oni being DUNKED ON, spending 1FP to invoke the Tower due to the pretty dramatic change happening right now = +8. Rolled this in chat.)

The Deleter fucked around with this message at May 18, 2017 around 16:24

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"I dunno what that was..." Seka staggered out of the closet.

"But that was loving AWESOME! Whooo, we rock, Yumiko-chan! Go us!"

Her attempt at a Featherman-style victory pose was cut short by the arrival of a horde of horrible green horses. Uhm. Yeah, that was gonna be a problem. She considered summoning her... what had she even done to do that? She wasn't even sure how to repeat that summoning thing. yeah, running sounded good.

She didn't recognize her potential rescuers at first - their costumes were way more covering and heavy than hers or Yumiko's. But when the masked girl spoke, with her accent...

"Wait, you're the new girl! You- you only just got- What?"

She doesn't spend too much time babbling about it - the horses are coming close and the new girl is setting up a rad fire. So, uh, time to jet. If this works.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at May 20, 2017 around 19:31

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka is not going to argue with the big dude. She simply nods and gets to the whole "run away" deal.

Man, she was gonna have some poo poo to tell Yumiko when she woke up. Cos this was probably a dream. Hey, Yumi, I had a dream where we fought demons and ended up in a closet. Crazy, huh?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

The ping is also Seka's cue to stop running - safety is now at the push of a button. The adrenaline seizes her limbs. She trembles even as she bends over, hands on knees. Every breath is gulped down.

There had been a brief moment, back in the closet, where she was certain as hell she was gonna die. All things considered, this was an improvement.

When the tall guy speaks, it takes a moment for it to register. Something familiar...

"Shin? You Shin Soichi, right?" She manages to raise her head to look at him. "Uh, thanks, man. We would've been dead if it weren't for you and Rumiko."

Confusion flutters at the mention of Aizawa, but it rings a bell. Seka casts her mind back - oh, yeah. When they entered. That wasn't the kind of announcement you forgot. But then something occoured to her.

"Woah, woah, hold up." She managed to stand. "How could she be stuck there? There's no way she's got the app too... right? I mean, we would've seen her in some... form. Besides..."

She waved a hand at the school. "I think they're gonna be pissed we killed someone. Like... if they even register that? So we should probably not try and poke that wasp nest for a bit." The questions of 'Is this a game?' and 'What IS this? went unasked for now.

"Can we just... leave? We might need to get our heads around this. I summoned a big gold winged guy from my phone. That's not normal."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka takes up the duty of making sure Yumiko doesn't eat the sidewalk. Demon world sidewalk. She looks up at the newcomer and the floating cat thing that's overing next to them.

Wait. Everyone she'd seen so far that wasn't a demon was a human was from their high school. So either this was a demon, or it was... Nah. That was crazy. Then again, she was in a demon world. Her hunch could be right.

"You guys deal with this weirdo." She shuffles back, trying to put distance between herself and Rumiko. Nice of the new girl to throw herself"I'm getting Yumi outta here. We meet up at the fast food joint, okay?"

Seka scrabbles for Yumiko's phone and mashes that "Quit" button.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

The real world! Relief floods through Seka as she finds herself back in the real world, with a non-demon school. Well, relatively speaking. At least she was out of the weird clothes now.

Trying to prop Yumiko up, she takes a quick check of herself and her surroundings. All limbs still attached. Tired, but no wounds. Phone is - she quickly pulls her phone out of her pocket - intact. No golden weirdos jumping out of it. But the game screen was showing, and there was a little golden figure hovering above her avatar, alongside the blue figure above Yumiko.

"Great," she mutters. So it was real, then. She wasn't going to pretend she'd had a hallucination or this was a prank. Better deal with it now. The game took her somewhere that was real. How real?

That question is quickly answered as she hears the students chattering, and the fire alarm. She remembered Rumiko setting off the fire, and the realisation struck her like ice down her spine.

Things in the demon world... affect the real world?

Okay. In that case... well, she couldn't just go back and try poking around, or making up dumb poo poo she had no idea about.It might be possible stuff here affected that game world too. But she had no way to test that. And she had more important things going on.

Yumiko wasn't going to be easy to drag - she should probably be brought around. And there was someone she could probably rely on! Also, she faintly remembered hearing Aizawa's name back in the demon world - maybe she could... try and see if there was a link? She was having a hard time getting her head straight on this.

"Aizawa-sensei? Yumiko-chan's fainted!" She hopes her voice carries, and that Aizawa cares enough to help or isn't mad or oh god. "I could use some help!"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka looks up as Shin calls over.

"Yeah, uh, I'm good. I'm getting Yumiko-chan home, then I'll be right over. Meeting's still on!"

She slips into the back seat behind Aizawa-san, throwing a hasty thumbs up to Shin before she shuts the door.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Aizawa's behavior is... weird. Why would she not want this mentioned? Would it be seen as inappropriate? Seka didn't buy that someone wouldn't accept the explanation of "teacher helping student" and think of something else. And what was this bullshit about tenets? Aizawa didn't care about tenets. Although, come to think of it, she didn't know anything much about Aizawa-san...

Something's going on here. That call-out from the game world's PA meant something. Aizawa-san is hiding something... but what? Can't ask her directly, though. "Hey, are the other teachers giving you poo poo?" Nah, won't work. Seka decides to play dumb. Its the most anyone expected of her, anyway.

"I won't say anything, Aizawa-sensei, but... I don't get it," she asks. "What are these... tenets? Surely nobody's gonna think anything's wrong here, right? You're a teacher helping a student. That's normal, right?"

Sneakily Create Advantage on Aizawa: 4dF+1 1

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka notices Yumi coming out of her uncnciousness and gives her a quick thumbs up. She's not dead! Yay!

Then she listens to more of what Aizawa has to say. It's starting to add up now. Pressure. Pressure to do well. She knew that kind of pressure. She hated it. Didn't take a genius to tell Aizawa wasn't feeling it either.

"Sounds difficult, Aizawa-sensei..." Seka pulls her phone from her pocket and rapidly taps out a text to Yumi.

quote:

Yo yumi-chan you still on 4 this meetup? cos? we gotta talk bout what happened!!! O_O

Well, if nothing else, at least she could text some of the decision-making back to Yumi-chan. Keep her gal in the loop!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka frowned. Yumiko had already pulled an all-nighter. She probably shouldn't do that again. It'd suck!

quote:

kk, you can snooze and i'll let you know the deets l8r if you like ^_^

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"I'm good. Thanks very much, Aizawa-sensei!"

Seka gives a smile and hops out of the car. She's got places to be, and with a wave to her teacher, she sets off for the subway. The fast food joint is a short ride from there, and from there it's a pretty short walk home. It should be pretty easy to get out considering nobody's left work just yet and all the kids will be going the other way, usually.

Considering spending a fate point to get to the fast food joint in time to meet the others, lemme know if this is cool or not!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

The burger joint. Her dad owned it, college students and part-timers from the high school ran it, and students at the high school ate the food. This would, in theory, make Seka the richest kid in school, but she had an allowance like any other kid. That dad wasn't viving her because of that kid she beat up.

Oh well. She leant against the wall of the joint and checked her app. Still her. The golden figure floated above her sprite. She tapped it and got a screen of all its stats. Icarus. This was... her? Her spirit guide? She had no clue. But apparently it knew Garu and Lunge, and was weak to electric attacks. Like some kind of weird RPG thing.

Lots of questions. No real answers. She put the phone away and waited for the others.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka looks up.

"Heya. Yeah, Yumi's out of it." She walks over and sits with the others. "She does all night marathons of Netflix stuff as well, so uh, she's not going anywhere."

Awkward pause. Oh, man. How do you start a conversation like this?

"So, uh..." She taps a finger on the tabletop. "Uh, we gonna talk about what the hell just happened? Cos, to recap, I got sucked into a weird mobile game and fought a demon with a big gold spirit thing. That isn't crazy, right? This poo poo's happening?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka shrugs. "I dunno. I just... I was gonna die. And then it... Icarus called to me. Told me I could change fate. And not die like a chump like he did. Not the exact words but..."

She frowns. "It was like... like it was me and I was it, but we were also... separate? I didn't think about it. Also, the app shows he has stats, for some reason." She brings up her app and shows everyone. "I dunno if Yumi-chan has the same deal going on for her."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Stands? Get real. They're called Personas." Seka narrows her eyes. This guy seems like he likes to talk a lot and expects nobody to stop him. "But yeah, it's glass. I smashed my phone screen to do it."

She goes and gets food for herself and Yo, but she's not sure if she can eat, really. There's a lot that happened, and she needs to get her head around it. A weird new door has opened up in her life, and it could be a very dangerous one to go down. Then again, not like she's let common sense stop her from doing dumb stuff before.

She returns and puts the food down. "Well, let's hear it, Yo. I guess you got a whole bunch of theories, right?" Her bite into her burger is a little too aggressive, and she gets ketchup on her fingers.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"I got it on mine a day or two before school started." Seka pokes at her character screen for a bit, then turns off the app. "If anyone else has got the app we'd have heard about it by now, don'cha think? He's

"Aizawa, when we were in the car... she mentioned that the other teachers were bugging her to stay longer hours."

An idea is floating around in her head. She doesn't know if the others are gonna take to it, but she's gonna go in. It's been at the back of her mind ever since she got out of Aizawa's car.

"Maybe that's not quite true. If we went back in we could find out. For sure."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"I wanna know if the teachers are singling out Aizawa-san. I wanna know more about the rules of this bullshit app and this weird Mirrorverse. I saw that demon explode into money and I'm pretty sure that means we can now gold farm in hell. I wanna gently caress poo poo up."

Seka gives a shark grin.

"Doesn't that sound like a thing you'd wanna check out, basketball ace?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda
Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[] 2[] 3[]

"Yeah, we're thinkin' about going back to... you know. Wanna find out some stuff. There's bodysnatchers or something going around?"

Seka keeps her voice low. Being quizzed about going to a weird demon world would be pretty embarrassing. Don't need "delusional" added to the list of bad words people say about Seka Kuroda. She stretches - she hadn't slept well from a mix of worry for her teacher and excitement about this new world. A world where she had magic powers and could be a badass.

"You don't gotta come if you don't want to, but looks to me like you got a sweet magic ghost lady and the will to use it. Also I bought, like, a million energy drinks so we can keep going."

The Deleter fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2017 around 17:56

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Hell yeah! And we don't have to form teams or partner up with gross nerds like in real video games! This owns!"

A tiny part of Seka is worried that maybe Yumiko hasn't caught on to the "reflects the real world" aspect of the so-called game. Then again, it was a little hard for her to treat it differently. Despite all the information they'd shared in the burger joint yesterday, Seka was still wondering why her life had changed so fast. Maybe it would be better to just treat it as a game.

"Oh, yeah, we're taking Soichi and Rumiko in, and as far as I know they haven't done the, uh, tutorial yet. No magic powers. So we gotta look out for them, make sure they don't get beat up too bad. You cool with that?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"We're probably going into the school again. I think there's, like, a beginning quest there? That's usually how these games go."

Seka keeps the whole "wanna see if anyone's picking on Aizawa" to herself. No need to get too serious right off the bat.

Maybe I shouldn't be manipulating a friend like this, she thinks. Maybe just tell her all of the weird poo poo going on! She's your best friend, she's got a right to know all the hosed up poo poo!

She doesn't say anything.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

The cookie bribe overwhelms any of Seka's potential complaints about the new teacher. She lines up obediently to get her cookie. Her one weakness!

But maybe... Maybe keep an eye on this guy. People were making fun of him for looking girly, but maybe, if he was part of the teachers pushing Aizawa-sensei...

Seka manages to not eyeball Yumikura and returns to her seat with her treat.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka supposes she learnt something today. Not that it mattered - she tuned out the rest of the lesson straight after Rumiko answered the question. She wasn't going to need to learn about fancy dead English people where she was going.

When the bell for lunch rang, she was instantly out the door, indicating Yumi to follow. "C'mon, let's find the others. We got some stuff to do. I'll catch you up on anything, yeah?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Yeah, sure." Seka thought about eating a cookie, but resisted the temptation.

"Yeah, I think she is. Which is why I don't trust Yukimura-san one bit. He's probably part of it." Her face twists up for a moment. "But I can't be throwin around stuff like that without cause. Which is another reason why we're gonna go check out that mirror world again."

There. That wasn't so hard, was it? Maybe it's okay to let your guard down a bit.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Sure. Hopefully it'll have some new costume items or something. The whole goth chick thing isn't working for me."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka doesn't notice the cashier at first. She's busy taking in the guns, the swords, the suit of Samurai armor. All the damage she could do... The people she could get back at, the badass heroism she could pull off. She sees herself in a long, flowing kimono, katana flashing in the moonlight...

When she hears the question, she doesn't hesitate. "Chaos. We hate the cops." She points at the guns. "Those real?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka does not leave her pal hanging. Hi-fives!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Shotgun shotgun shotgun shotgun

Seka takes a little time with the gun. She makes sure she knows where the safety is. She takes a lot of care in loading it. She tests it on some of the targets. She might caress it a bit.

"I love it. I'll take it." She turns and points at a jet black kimono with neon red highlights, labelled "steelsilk". "How much is that? I want that too."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka, having seen the price tag on the kimono and realizing it is far, far out of her league, opts for what appears to be a leather jacket with some metal plates attached to it in a weird punk-rock vibe. She'd get to her awesome shotgun samurai outfit eventually.

She turned around gave a big thumbs up to her companions. "Niiice. Lookin' good, Yumi-chan." She looks over at Yo and Rumiko. "Hey, what are you guys picking?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Alright, looks like that's everyone." Seka shoulders her shotgun and brings out her phone.

"I'm gonna go back in. I really wanna find out what's going on with Aizawa-san. You don't have to come with me, but now is as good a time as any for target practice. Who's with me?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"... That's a big dog."

Seka regards the weird demon dog with a mixture of fear and curiosity. Did all animals transfer over like this, or was it an independent dog? She didn't even know Aizawa-sensei had a dog. The disarray of the house comes next, with the trash on the lawn and the open front door.

"Aizawa-sensei... Why's her house like this? Is this how other people see it?"

A flash of anger.

"I'm gonna check it out."

Seka heads straight for the door, fearlessly (stupidly) ignoring Buddy the dog.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

Seka is so taken aback by the voice from upstairs that she doesn't notice the dog, or Soichi's shout of alarm, until the creature is rushing right past her.

"That's..."

Soichi is dashing past her, and Seka follows, dreading what she might see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Seka Kuroda

"Holy poo poo."

Seka is completely blown away by Shin's amazing dunking prowess. He's a god amongst men, a lord of the court, a real dunkmaster. Then she comes to herself as she remembers "oh, right, evil Aizawa." The girl scrabbles for her smartphone from her pocket.

"Hey! You leave Aizawa-Sensei alone, creep! Persona!" She's not one to ask questions - they can find out after Aizawa-Sensei is safe and this... thing is a smear. Seka smashes the glass of her phone and Icarus erupts into being, spewing a fury of razor-wind and golden feathers.

Forcefully Attack Shadow Aizawa: 4dF+3 2
I will spend a Fate to invoke Eager to Fight for Others for +2. If Soichi's advantage was made with style, I'll take one of the free invokes - if not, I'll spend another fate point for it. Either way, I'll end up on 6.

«2 »