Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I can't tell if Ruhwedel is good or if he's just not as bad as Hainsey
E: holy poo poo malkin

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Nice interference penalty, Stone.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Ottawa is basically playing with 3d. Nice.

I haven't seen a lot of Claesson this period.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Ron hainsey makes a bad play literally every time he touches the puck. I haven't seen anything like it since Rob Scuderi

had the exact same thought. i get that without letang we have to roll the D pretty evenly, but i think we could shelter hainsey a bit at least

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
god drat totally all over them

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

PASS THE MASH posted:

It's the 2nd one I think.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That could have been two penalties really. Malkin got hooked pretty good there.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

PASS THE MASH posted:

i thought he's looked like a good bottom pairing guy every time i've seen him, even in the regular season

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
shoulda been another 2 at the end on the hook on Malkin tbh

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Ottawa is basically playing with 3d. Nice.
Pretty much exactly what I thought during the pens zone entry a few minutes ago. 3 sens skating backwards on the blue line.

It is not much fun to watch, but as long as they don't start letting the clutching and grabbing in the neutral zone, like Jersey, it isn't that bad.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

Nice interference penalty, Stone.

that's not a penalty if Bonino doesn't jump to the ice

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

flakeloaf posted:

I haven't seen a lot of Claesson this period.

I meant more in that they often seem to have 3 on the offensive blue line but more literally they do actually seem to only have 3D that are called so yea.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
wow how did he glove that

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
god drat, the save

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

If they're gonna call it, why shouldn't he do it?

Andy :swoon:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

actually, it still is

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Anderson own zone right now

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Heck

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

actually, it still is

incidental contact that happens on literally every play, the only difference is Bonino is a diver

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

It is not much fun to watch, but as long as they don't start letting the clutching and grabbing in the neutral zone, like Jersey, it isn't that bad.

actually the Penguins just didn't touch the puck that entire series in 2001 because they were playing one of the best teams of all-time

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How long has NHL Network Radio been using national crews for playoff games? I turned on SXM because I have a free preview expecting local guys and heard Sam Rosen, Darren Pang, and Billy Jaffe.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
every nhl player is a diver

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Ginette Reno posted:

wow how did he glove that
I don't think the senators have a very good chance if Anderson doesn't steal a game or 3 for them. He is off to a good start for sure

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Godinster posted:

Anderson own zone right now

Brass tips it, Andy stops it anyway.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

incidental contact that happens on literally every play, the only difference is Bonino is a diver

i wonder if it's a coincidence that a sens fan thinks blatant obstruction and interference is incidental contact that happens on every play

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

every nhl player is a diver

The term is "Gravity-prone".

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

T-Bone posted:

actually the Penguins just didn't touch the puck that entire series in 2001 because they were playing one of the best teams of all-time

Practically that entire NJ squad was in the Olympics.

The summer olympics.

For wrestling.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
A third of the game so far has been Pens on the PP. Stop taking penalties you fucks.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

10 of 17 Penguin shots have been on the power play

:stare: yeah quit it

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

How long has NHL Network Radio been using national crews for playoff games? I turned on SXM because I have a free preview expecting local guys and heard Sam Rosen, Darren Pang, and Billy Jaffe.

Might have just changed. I listened to a ton of mike lange during the Caps series.

Edit: I checked the NHL app and there are two local and a national broadcast.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Godinster posted:

A third of the game so far has been Pens on the PP. Stop taking penalties you fucks.

Seems to be working out so far.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Come on fake elderly widow VW commercial. May your pretend grief fuel our good fortune.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Ok Penguins please start scoring

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

welp looks like anderson is gonna beat the pens

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Hey Craig. Stop being good.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

welp looks like anderson is gonna beat the pens

Woah, halfway through game one huh? A record? How's the sandwich?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Someone seems to have convinced Anderson to not leave his net

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Captain Internet posted:

Practically that entire NJ squad was in the Olympics.

The summer olympics.

For wrestling.

295 gf + 100 g/d I mean it's a miracle the Penguins won a game

Now the Senators should have beaten the Devils in 2003 and also won the Cup but Lalime will do that to you.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Might have just changed. I listened to a ton of mike lange during the Caps series.

Edit: I checked the NHL app and there are two local and a national broadcast.

Yeah, it was a surprise. I had a preview of SXM in 2014 and listened to Game 2 of the LA/NYR Cup Final and heard Kenny Albert and whoever he does radio with for the Rangers. It was a New York broadcast complete with ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

T-Bone posted:

295 gf + 100 g/d I mean it's a miracle the Penguins won a game
i wish the stanley cup just went to the team with the best goal differential

• Locked thread