Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

White Coke posted:

"It's not a sequel... it's not a prequel... it's an equal" So this is the "Shock Treatment" of video games?
But that would imply it's really good.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I see they've made a much more detailed world but I don't know if I like it as much as the original city. I loved the highly stylized, clean look and the use of only primary colours or white.
Yeah, the unique look was one of the original game's highlights.

Tofu Survivor posted:

Open world games seem to be a growing trend these days and it doesn't always work out. I felt that Mirror's Edge worked a lot better as a linear game and a lot of the time I had trouble navigating the open world.
I haven't played this one so I don't know how well it ended up working, but I thought a major issue with the first one was how linear it was. It felt like you should be able to find lots of different ways around obstacles but in reality there was one path and if you didn't follow it you died. Counter-intuitive and disappointing when the premise is something as inherently open and inventive as parkour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Asehujiko posted:

Blind guess about the plot:

In a ~shocking twist~ it'll turn out that rear end in a top hat dude is just an rear end in a top hat but pseudo-boyfriend(nomad?) was actually all an act and is secretly evil.

Noah seems like he's the obvious traitor. If he's not a traitor then there's definitely something unpleasant about him. And even if the game never actually says so, I'll always believe it because he just strikes me as a real creep.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Yeah, you can probably count most of those KOs as kills. Being beaten unconscious is actually super bad for you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Samovar posted:

Why does everyone go with Icarus in these games? Why not Daedalus?

In Saints Row 3 they named the flying aircraft carrier Daedalus. :shrug:

• Locked thread