Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

SAVE YOUR TALT WE NEED IT TO UPGRADE GUILD

:siren:SERVER IS KLAIPEDA:siren:

:siren:Goon Discord:siren:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

Rank 9 is out, class balance is much better, game runs better, gear system is way less awful, rank reset event until December 26th. Come play!

Sincerely,
your kmmo buddy, Silento :glomp:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(bun not included)

Silento fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I had to stop playing because it was so ungodly laggy all the time

if it runs better than I may try it out again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh how is the chaplain now if you now

I thought it was fun even though it made me poor

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

quote:

4x and 8x EXP tomes. They don't give 4x and 8x exp
lol

is Sadhu good again yet

Truga
May 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Lipstick Apathy
is there a way to change keys I'm not seeing?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

is Sadhu good again yet

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtw82p7K4qE

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Truga posted:

Hit Esc or click the very bottom right button, then click the purple gear button, then click Key Settings.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Truga posted:

lol

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Oops I left the window open too long and got ninjaed. drat you, I'll get my flower one day!!!! :argh:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo I'm literally blind apparently, thanks

Also, I started the game and now my monitor has jaundice. It's an ancient monitor and the colours are completely off without a profile. I have it calibrated, and the profile gets turned off while the game is running for some reason. I dunno what the hell, but it's very funny.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

eonwe posted:

I had to stop playing because it was so ungodly laggy all the time

if it runs better than I may try it out again

The topic was enough of a concern that it got developers posting in the news if you care to read:

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=438
https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=644
https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=667
https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=785

Two things to take from this are that more stuff on screen doesn't work your CPU as hard, and that quest netcode was redesigned to not hammer the servers as hard.

Also, you'll notice in game that there aren't as many moments when your client will stutter. If it detects a lot of calls it will attempt to fade them in, rather than stop itself and desync you with 0 fps while you wait for everything to process.

There's a check box in the Settings menu for "Optimization" which is pretty opaque in description but is related to offloading more of the game's processes on multiple CPU threads. Definitely restart your client after you change it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 15, 2017

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
AS OF MAY 16th YOU CAN COMPLETELY RESET YOUR CHARACTERS NOW (ONCE PER CHARACTER PER DAY) UNTIL LIKE THE END OF THE MONTH, KEEPING EVERYTHING

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=971

New to the game? See here:

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=972

Did you quit like really soon after Early Access and or full release? See here:

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=973

This other event seems really easy, just talk to an NPC:

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=974

The actual game rework patch notes. The last big one was a couple of months ago

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=975

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wait, so I can just straight up spec out of Chaplain to someone else???

I may have to do that

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Do certain skills still require material components for no real reason, and are Templars still the only people that can create guilds, also for no real reason?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Schubalts posted:

Do certain skills still require material components for no real reason, and are Templars still the only people that can create guilds, also for no real reason?

yes to both. though the latter doesn't matter any more because they raised the guild player cap by a ton so unless you just hate being in the goon guild you're good to go.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am excited to try out all the cleric specs then probably end up cleric 2 diev 3 miko 1 pd 2 anyways

Soothing Vapors posted:

lol

is Sadhu good again yet

Sadhu got buffed. I think everything except their Out of Body ghosty form thing is really good(OoB is decent). Possession is now a 6 second aoe bind with a 20 second cooldown that is now uninterruptible, so that is super useful for solo or grouping. Their c3 int buff is also really good now adding 50% int and not draining the Sadhu's int anymore. Their other damage skills got buffed too.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Time to roll a new toon. I hope the rank reset item don't expire right away

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Silhouette Wires posted:

You get one one on every single character you make, every day. Until the 30th.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Nice a decent amount of time.

I got a level 110 swordsman that I'll prob just reset till I decide his build

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Silhouette Wires posted:

- Each of the reset items will expire within one day after you obtain them (you won't be able to use expired reset items).

So better come up with your final build before the 30th

e: MORE FREE STUFF!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/631450/Tree_of_Savior__Goddess_Ladas_Present/

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 16, 2017

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

- Each of the reset items will expire within one day after you obtain them (you won't be able to use expired reset items).

So better come up with your final build before the 30th

Can you use the item to reset and then wait to spend any points or lock in any other choices?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dackel posted:

Can you use the item to reset and then wait to spend any points or lock in any other choices?

Oh absolutely. So if you are in doubt, you can reset and just leave it until people figure out the best class combo / stats while you play another char or something.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

did they fix people crashing instances all over? that was what turned me off last time i tried playing.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

baram. posted:

did they fix people crashing instances all over? that was what turned me off last time i tried playing.

Yeah.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oh absolutely. So if you are in doubt, you can reset and just leave it until people figure out the best class combo / stats while you play another char or something.

Oh, this makes it worthwhile to redownload again and the like I think. Do you have to redo/do any of the rank quests or how does it work after a reset?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Heartcatch posted:

Oh, this makes it worthwhile to redownload again and the like I think. Do you have to redo/do any of the rank quests or how does it work after a reset?

For the duration of the reset event, all class quests will be skipped. You still have to do the secret quests to unlock the class trainers of hidden classes, though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

This other event seems really easy, just talk to an NPC:

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=974

Anyone know where she is in the first town? Walked around but didn't see her.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So since I came back just a few days before the patch I can't get the returning player gifts :sigh:

That's 10 x8 EXP Tomes, dammit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

Anyone know where she is in the first town? Walked around but didn't see her.

In Klaipedia go west from the warp statue, past the reset angel npc. Her npc model isn't the same as the promo art at all.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My Incineration damage got dumpstered. I probably should've tested Hamaya and Owl Statues pre-patch too but... Well, I can tell you my Hamaya didn't lose too much damage per-tick, though it lost insane uptime. The numbers look roughly similar just off memory.

~1.5k-2.5k per tick from incineration without agni pre-patch
~4k-5.5k per tick with agni

800-1800 per tick with agni post-patch
~600-1600ish without agni.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
how can i make the cutest girl w/ a huge sword

edit: ok i found out how just had to get a schoolgirl outfit

it changes your underwear

MotU fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 16, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

blizzardvizard posted:

So since I came back just a few days before the patch I can't get the returning player gifts :sigh:

That's 10 x8 EXP Tomes, dammit.

same :( i logged in when someone mentioned the free penguin pet.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Why does this game warrant a new thread?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

SweetBro posted:

Why does this game warrant a new thread?

Silento posted:

:bignews: Patch Notes (take note of 2 weeks of daily rank resets for every character from May 16th to May 30th!) :bignews:
See here. Thx Mono_!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:frogsiren: Major changes since launch (as of the Content Overhaul patch) :frogsiren:

• :bignews: The game has had a bunch of optimization patches, and now it actually RUNS DECENTLY. What a shocker! :bignews:

• There is no longer a need to hold onto quest reward EXP cards until certain levels to rocket past choke points. Pop those suckers as soon as you get them, leveling is a breeze!

• All damaging skills now deal a % of your attack as damage! The days of skills giving a flat boost are no more, hallelujah!

• The way defense works has been completely revamped and it now uses a logarithmic formula instead of simple arithmetic. Hurray for logical game design!

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
So basically they rebalanced the game to not be a grindy snoozefest? What about the gameplay, was there any improvement?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Yeah I never tried this at launch because it sounded like a disaster. Game good now?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

SweetBro posted:

So basically they rebalanced the game to not be a grindy snoozefest? What about the gameplay, was there any improvement?

clone on the phone posted:

Yeah I never tried this at launch because it sounded like a disaster. Game good now?

I mean I can't answer these unless you're more specific, but if you were concerned about levels 1-50 being nothing but questing or grinding monster kills, experience from them was nearly doubled and there are multiple events going on right now that give experience items that help. Also the game favors Swordsmen more than Clerics now if you were concerned with being effective, and Swordsmen can at least quickly sprint around and do that sort of Ys-style gameplay that a few goons enjoy. Archers don't move as fast but can shoot while moving, make it easy to pop groups of monsters in a short amount of time and get a couple of branching classes that emphasize the shoot-while-moving part or the popping part. I don't have words about Wizards but Silento might have some? Magic damage is definitely back in a big way, I know for sure.

You'll most certainly see something you don't understand in the game, but I think server congestion doesn't hurt as much now? I mean that's another reason there's a new thread, you can be more specific with what turned you away

https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=984 New post-patch words from the devs. They look to be additional plans for the rest of the year in terms of QoL. Bonus Templeshooter mount attack:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IMC will be giving everyone a free char slot on the 21st(or 22nd) so if you are about to buy one, just wait.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I quit like two years ago at Rank 6 maybe. I want to shoot monsters with guns, so what's the best way to do that now that we can respec?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:00 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Clarste posted:

I quit like two years ago at Rank 6 maybe. I want to shoot monsters with guns, so what's the best way to do that now that we can respec?

Do you want a rifle or pistol?

• Locked thread