Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Those numbers are over 9000!

That's numberwang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tato posted:

Regarding Dolph, I think the issue is that at some point you lose the ability to keep investing in a guy and believe this time will be different. That's where all the "____ was always bad" really originates from, the point where people just give up hope that someone is going to turn it around and then you feel stupid you ever thought this time would be different.

For Dolph, it was definitively that Survivor Series he won for the good guys. They literally did nothing with him, John Cena got him fired, and Sting was the entire story. That was the "oh, they had this thing perfectly set up for me to care about him and just threw him in the garbage" moment. It's hard to keep putting your hand on the stove and care about Dolph at that point. They even did the "turn into the skid" thing and made a storyline about all his stop-and-start pushes and not being on top anymore, but he's just too far gone to make a difference.

Maybe some distance would help. Guy has been a constant presence in the WWE for almost a decade now with very little breaks. I don't begrudge him earning a living, but a fresh start could do some wonders.

Wasn't part of the problem the fact that Ziggler's spot was actually meant for Roman Reigns and thus they had no long-term plan for or intention to do anything with Ziggler? Ziggler - also a victim of the Roman Reigns push.

(Of course, Ziggler is also a victim of Ziggler being Ziggler)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vince McMahon is a maniac and I love him for it

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I wonder what Jinder thinks of the brand of confectionary products called Kinder.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I didnt watch so was the show good or not overall?

I'm glad Orton is no longer champion, please never let him hold a loving belt ever again. Please let Rusev be next.

I thought it was solid overall, no really bad matches. I'd say Owens vs Styles and Usos vs Breezango are the standouts, maybe watch Zayn vs Corbin too if you're interested in that.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Say what you will about WhatCulture and WCPW, but this sucks and we'll probably start seeing an impact on other YouTube wrestling content sooner or later: https://youtu.be/Hd8KH86VXUY

Basically, now that YouTube has classified wrassles as inapproppriate content for advertising, WCPW's YT ad revenue has dropped to next to nothing and they have to cancel their weekly show for the time being. Sad to think what might be happening to smaller channels. I think Solomonster or Brian Zane (Wrestling with Wregret) might've at least mentioned something about their YT ad money disappearing.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

It's a bummer for sure, but if advertisers don't want to advertise pro wrestling they should have every right to opt out.

Oh, absolutely. Wondering what the justification behind it is (other than "wrestling is violent, dumb and for idiots not worth advertising to") and whether or not other (actually) violent stuff like MMA is also affected by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sami is absolutely likable, in what loving universe is he not likable? He could scarcely be more likable and endearing if he tried.

He could drop the ska

(to be clear, I like Zayn and that is a joke of some description)

• Locked thread