Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congratulations Roman Reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Forceholy posted:

Did anyone catch the Glow trailer? Looks pretty good.

Yep. For those who didn't,

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/864126178130579457

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SD's going to be doing more of that picture-in-picture stuff where the matches are still shown while ads play on the rest of the screen

PWInsider posted:

NBC Universal will be using picture-in-picture commercial breaks to show more Smackdown action while advertisements run in a picture on picture format. USA did this several times following the Brand Split in the summer of 2016.

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 16, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

astrollinthepork posted:

Somewhat pleased that Alexa is getting exposed as trash.

:agreed:

St Evan Echoes posted:

I love Finn but Lmfao

Mostly :agreed:. you have to be really really overly kind to him to say he's a decent promo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

Enzo & Cass loving suck and I wish they'd go away forever

I'm glad they're never going to have a tag title reign, at least

This is all filler until next year's Shake Up where Cass goes to SD and wins the world title

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Bray winning would unironically devalue the title.

- Me in January

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Womp

quote:

Tuesday’s WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.175 million viewers for USA Network. The number was down from the 2.348 million count from last Tuesday’s edition.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stale Saltines posted:

Chrisley Knows Best is average around 2 million viewers right now.

For reference at where WWE's numbers are, TNA's highest Spike rating ever was 2.2 mil viewers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

it would not surprise me at all if the reason was seriously "bayley's elbow drop is a macho man tribute, so it matters more"

Wasn't this why when Punk was doing it as a signature, nobody else was allowed to do it at the same time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biscuits and crazy posted:

Yes, I'm sure there's truth to a rumour that someone in this thread literally admitted to making up and sending to Meltzer.

It took years but we finally found the one poster who takes Cavauro's posts seriously

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mania was last month and I forgot that match even happened, let alone that elbow was the finish

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Remember when Dolph cashed in on Del Rio and everyone went nuts?

How much title changes ever happened on TV at that point

Also it was off of champ Del Rio, which I can easily believe was a thing people were sick of at any point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy :siren:Kane:siren: day everyone

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jericho was on Busted Open radio. Highlights:

He was originally supposed to win the Universal title at Mania,
then lose it to Brock at Payback
He pitched a Mania match with Nakamura after that fell through
He thinks a way to fix the cruiserweight division is adding Enzo to the roster and having him feud with Neville

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So who does everyone like better out of the world champs, the one who does roids and shows up, or the one who does roids and is never around

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you want the wrong reaction to Jinder's push from the week, here's Ryback

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You could have and lose a match a day, every day, for a full calendar year, and still not have lost as many times as the current WWE champ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/866492400776118272

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

From Roman Reigns to Jinder Mahal in 12 months

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Will give some props to Jinder for his finisher name (Khallas, a finisher name which literally translates to "finished")

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA president
https://twitter.com/lawradio/status/866514703236857856
https://twitter.com/LAWradio/status/866514778331787264

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Apologize to rofoochs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE's next tour of India isn't until September

Summer of Jinder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

is h

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

Just make good wrestling stories WWE!

Impossible, they only have 28 writers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Mahal spoke with Sportskeeda after winning and told them he didn’t find out until Sunday that he’d be taking home the title. When asked about McMahon’s reaction he said, “Vince was very happy. He was really proud of me because Vince knows how much work I’ve put in.”

Adding, “And, I told Vince, ‘Hey Vince, my goal is to come back every week and improve. Every time you see me perform I’m going to get better on the mic, going to get better in the ring and I’ll be in better shape every week.'”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm so sorry everyone

quote:

Triple main event: Orton vs Jinder, Owens vs Styles, and Nakamura vs Ziggler rematches announced for the June 13th Smackdown

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is the 13th a sunday? why are they announcing matches for a smackdown weeks from now

It's a Tuesday, and it's the last live event at New Orleans before Mania, so they'll be trying to both make the show a big deal and hype up Mania tickets

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 22, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

Uh won't wrestlemania sell out like, regardless

It'll sell of course, but they always try to stack up the last shows in the area before the show to get people hype

Doesn't hurt to give more reasons to be interested in a now 6-7 hour show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Expected all these pages today to be about Nakamura's WWE in ring debut last night.

The main roster ruined Finn, Bayley, and Nakamura within a year, it's incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Somewhere Gedo's laughing, looking at Kenny and Okada and saying told ya so

Kenny's still going to go because he's absolutely the type of smug who thinks it'll be different for Him

• Locked thread