Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Okay dude :shrug:

Do you mean the class action lawsuit or the one that the Sanders campaign filed?

e: Seriously, you could do a victory lap or whatever if you want, or you could point me at the correct lawsuit, because there's at least 3 that got covered that I can see and tbh I'm not that interested and evidently neither is Bernie

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 11:53 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the seth rich thing is a roger stone-style dirty trick to distract attention away from #russiagate

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
conspiracy theorists are often the ones who end up getting played by actual conspiracies. studies further show that conspiracy theorists are more likely to engage in conspiracies, because it's how they interpret events in the world. a 9/11 truther is more likely to tell a researcher that they would have carried out a false-flag attack were they the president than people who don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theory.

(but does that make me a conspiracy theorist if i think the conspiracy theorists are engaged in conspiracies?)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Huh, if Jared Beck is leaning into this Seth Rich bullshit then imo that's a pretty big red flag that his case is probably bullshit too :shrug:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So DNC is murdering people who reveal them.

Question is, why?
They are already revealed! There's no secret anymore... or ever was. Bodies only make things worse.

and above all else.

THEY LOST! IF THEY ARE THE ILLUMINATI DEEP STATE HOW CAN THEY loving LOSE?!!!

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Bholder posted:

THEY LOST! IF THEY ARE THE ILLUMINATI DEEP STATE HOW CAN THEY loving LOSE?!!!

Everyone knows the Illuminati is just a decoy you silly goose.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
The DNC is willing to go to war with Russia than own up to their transparent corruption :twisted:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The_Cack posted:

The DNC is willing to go to war with Russia than own up to their transparent corruption :twisted:

I don't think the DNC can choose to go to war with Russia.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bip Roberts posted:

You never saw Wag the Dog? Lots of things are possible when you control the media

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
My favorite part of it all is that republicans believe this poo poo so it's easier to bend over for trump and company to gently caress them

"Lol libcucks" they laugh, as a man in a business suit and power tie eats their lunch

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

Hillary was chomping at the bit to shoot Russian planes down

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You never saw Wag the Dog? Lots of things are possible when you control the media

Wag the Dog was about not starting a war though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bip Roberts posted:

Wag the Dog was about not starting a war though.

But wasn't it?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Dunno, the movie was about a fake war where no one got hurt and then Billy Clinton watched it and was like "pfff, hollywood schmollywood" and just bombed a pharmaceutical factory.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Like winning the election?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Like winning the election?

Wag the Dog didn't have Wikileaks ruining everyone's clever schemes

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wag the Dog didn't have Wikileaks ruining everyone's clever schemes

Now you're saying Russian propaganda did swing the election?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Those emails were propaganda?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The way they were deployed, absolutely :shrug:

just because their contents were (at least partly) true, doesn't mean they weren't used as propaganda

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I thought propaganda was inherently misleading.

Was Collateral Murder propaganda?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Considering they constantly pointed towards single emails without context.

See this email where one representitive answered to a journalist? They are totally in cahoots. See this term "I look forward working with you again"? It totally means they are in control. See this email about pizza? It actually means children, they are pedophiles.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Toadvine posted:

I thought propaganda was inherently misleading.

Was Collateral Murder propaganda?

Propaganda is about how information is applied, "misleading" or not. I'm not sure what Assange's goals were with Collateral Murder so I have no opinion about that, although omg he's a blatant Russian clearinghouse these days

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Propaganda is anything that makes the U.S. look bad. That's what CNN told me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ahahaha Assange cites Washington Post coverage in that

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I can never remember which one is Vile and which one is TBW....

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
If it turns out Seth Rich was the dnc leakman would the dnc leaks still be propaganda?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

if my balls turn out to be gigantic would that make you love me?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

spoiler, they're not gigantic :smith:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I'm not a balls guy sorry.

How's your chest hair and muscle definition?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

extra stout posted:

uhhhh you skipped the very brief and simple points in my post, misread part of it then listed off coincidences with absolutely no value?

i said that when the washington post is actually owned by a corrupt businessman in bed with these people and they write about it once to tell the public it's a joke, that's bad, almost no major news is really covering it and i feel you've failed to address or even convince me that you've read the points on the dnc lawsuit

i'm not trying to be rude with anyone in this thread but i am convinced anyone posting that the dnc isn't covering up a failed business move that tried to force a president no one wanted is either trolling or just not even following the lawsuit at all

I don't address your points because any points that I make will be discounted.

You point to coverage downplaying the DNC lawsuit as evidence of a conspiracy. You point to the initial coverage as evidence of a conspiracy. There is nothing that I could say to convince you otherwise.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lote posted:

I don't address your points because any points that I make will be discounted.

You point to coverage downplaying the DNC lawsuit as evidence of a conspiracy. You point to the initial coverage as evidence of a conspiracy. There is nothing that I could say to convince you otherwise.

It is not the existence of coverage that is suspicious, it is the nature and qualities of the coverage itself.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

So DNC is murdering people who reveal them.

Question is, why?
They are already revealed! There's no secret anymore... or ever was.

A Bernie Bro like Seth Rich coming out and saying he's the leaker would really cramp the style of the whole Russian narrative

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Toadvine posted:

I'm not a balls guy sorry.

How's your chest hair and muscle definition?

very hairy but not defined by any stretch :smith:

Seriously why on earth would you buy into dumb poo poo like this? Are you genuinely dumb or what?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

If Seth Rich hacked the DNC and gave the results to Wikileaks why did a Russian hacker (or group of hackers) claim credit for it?

https://twitter.com/guccifer_2?lang=en

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jukebox Hero posted:

My favorite part of it all is that republicans believe this poo poo so it's easier to bend over for trump and company to gently caress them

"Lol libcucks" they laugh, as a man in a business suit and power tie eats their lunch

"As a man in a business suit and power tie eats 364 of their lunches, every one of their breakfasts, and every one of their dinners for that year." Is more accurate a representation of what the rich are doing, proportionally. I'd get into fractions on that one remaining lunch if I were greedy, but I'm not. I think my point has been made without it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Because the dnc has shown itself time and time again to be untrustworthy, conniving and wholly uninterested in anything beyond maintaining wealth and power.

It's not that I believe the dnc murdered Seth Rich, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

And the Russia outrage they've manufactured has been a massive distraction for too many people and will neuter plenty of genuine criticism against both parties for years to come.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

So you do believe this extremely bullshit thing but you also don't believe it. Ok dude :thumbsup:

You're loving dumb lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

"manufactured" lol yeah nothing to see here, everything's fine :thumbsup:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm confused why Seth Rich would identify himself to Assange while leaking the documents. It just seems like it would be stupid thing to do after what happened to Manning. I though the whole point of Wikileaks was for anonymous drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Podesta was drafting the Russia angle on election night to distract the willing half of the population away from the very real failures of the party's mentality

• Locked thread