Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

More details on the Cipher DLC: https://serenesforest.net/2017/05/18/echoes-details-cipher-collab-character-introductions/

They're battle maps, you get two characters per DLC (4 bucks each, 8 total), and they have supports+Base conversations with each other. Also exclusive spells and items.

Also this is the only DLC that seems worthwhile at all to me, since they have supports and stuff. Lol that they had to make Yuzu a priestess due to a lack of female mercenary animations, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So like, if Cipher has original characters, are they from any of the normal FE worlds? Are they just sort of there, in this FE card game, not being FE characters, or are they inserted retroactively into old stories as original character do not steals?

Also the guy on the right is the only one that aesthetically looks like an FE character. The Pegasus Knight on the left could be one maybe though she's still a bit unusual. The two in the middle just straight up don't look like they belong in Fire Emblem.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

quote:

She’s the alluring big sister type

Well im never buying this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

So like, if Cipher has original characters, are they from any of the normal FE worlds? Are they just sort of there, in this FE card game, not being FE characters, or are they inserted retroactively into old stories as original character do not steals?

Also the guy on the right is the only one that aesthetically looks like an FE character. The Pegasus Knight on the left could be one maybe though she's still a bit unusual. The two in the middle just straight up don't look like they belong in Fire Emblem.

you're right, i cant believe how out of place and terrible those characters are.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 18, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

you're right, i cant believe how out of place and terrible those characters are.

I made my judgments solely based on the art on the serenes link. I stand by my decision to not do any further research.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna keep adding female myrmidons to that post until you go 'yeah okay my bad'

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

im gonna keep adding female myrmidons to that post until you go 'yeah okay my bad'

please do

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pictured: 2 and a half people that don't look like FE characters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean even in that art yuzu looks like kagero and shade looks like tharja

we should go back to the og gaiden art where every single character was the exact same guy in the exact same outfit but with different shades of purple

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

i mean even in that art yuzu looks like kagero and shade looks like tharja

not really though

They all have a million details and color variations and accessories and clothes doodads

FE characters typically have one or two dominant colors in their designs and even the more complicated clothing like Camilla doesn't approach the amount of tiny details in the ninja's outfit

Like they aren't bad art but they look nothing like FE. The myrmidon art you posted in your reply looks much better though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I've thought about it and cheetah is 100% right in this and all arguments

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

gwah

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Currently downloading.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

Lol

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
in a matter of hours, I will be playing a new Fire Emblem game

be happy for me, guys

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
7 is way too much

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm mad that Australians need to wait another day.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

theshim posted:

in a matter of hours, I will be playing a new Fire Emblem game

be happy for me, guys

I already have, and for 2 hours and 40 minutes. Game is good. Mage Tobin MVP.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got mine early. I started on normal and I am one fight past the first dungeon. If I may ask, hoe is hard different from Normal? Is it more/different enemies, like how Fates does it? It is easy going so far, save for That rear end in a top hat With The Shield.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slightly more enemies or different types of enemies, but it's mostly just higher enemy stats. Echoes hard is about on the same level as Conquest hard, I'd say, though slightly easier since the maps themselves are way less of a pain.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

framblem

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

Slightly more enemies or different types of enemies, but it's mostly just higher enemy stats. Echoes hard is about on the same level as Conquest hard, I'd say, though slightly easier since the maps themselves are way less of a pain.

I'm a bit past chapter 1 and so far this has been a lot easier than Conquest hard.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 19, 2017

RME
Feb 20, 2012

drat alm
you hosed up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

I'm a bit past chapter 1 and so far this has been a lot easier than Conquest hard.
wait till you start getting hosed by witches

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
loving lol the dlc bundle is sixty-three dollars canadian

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

I look forward to it

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

I really do appreciate your answers, really, but I never played Conquest (Curse my short attention span). I did play a bit into Birthright Hard, which I heard was equivalent to Conquest Normal.

Let me put it this way: If I think that the enemies in the first few fights in the first chapter seem kinda weaker than they should be, should I go ahead and bump up the difficulty, or am I being premature about it, and I am still in the 'ramp up' phase of the game?

I apologize for being a nag. I want to make sure that I do not regret it later on.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 19, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I haven't actually played hard mode but based on my normal mode experience I can't imagine it's the kind of game that gets more fun when it's harder

RME
Feb 20, 2012

im playing on hard because im not a loving coward

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The only reason to play on Normal is if this is your first Fire Emblem game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You guys will regret upping the difficulty when you hit the map where there's like 40 cavaliers in a big open field and your units all have 4 move and all start in range of them and you're split up and there's no chokepoints and every enemy takes 3 hits to kill and your guys die in 2 hits even in normal mode

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'll get it eventually.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Swear to god, Alm has scored a crit in every single battle he's been in since I started playing. 7% crit rate. What is happening?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Is Lukas just supposed to be utter garbage? Because so far he seems really garbage.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4c4BBYiYjo

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
This Lightning Sword seems kinda really broken.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

This Lightning Sword seems kinda really broken.

I just picked it up and I'm gonna have to agree

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also I can't find a good explaination in game, but weight functions like the 'effective doubling speed' mod steel weapons had in Fates right? Like its subtracted from your speed for the purposes of offensice doubling but helps protect you from being doubled right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Zore posted:

Also I can't find a good explaination in game, but weight functions like the 'effective doubling speed' mod steel weapons had in Fates right? Like its subtracted from your speed for the purposes of offensice doubling but helps protect you from being doubled right?

It straight up modifies your speed stat.

• Locked thread