Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's great

I love the little sketch of Marty with the Umbrella too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Am I the only one really upset by the demise of Dragon Lee's dub theme from the New Beginning shows?

I will never stop mourning this. He had the best theme in wrestling.

Hiromu is my favorite wrestler at the moment. He's even better than Micro Man. But now that he lost to Dragon Lee I hope Liger wins that block cuz Liger is loving old.

No one should pin Hiromu though. He's too good to be pinned.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Day off Friday and then the tour resumes Saturday with a taped show that will be available sometime Saturday night US time.

BOSJ Night 3
May 20th Matsusake City General Gym

ACH [2] vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru [0]
Tiger Mask IV [0] vs. KUSHIDA [0]
El Desperado [2] vs. BUSHI [0]
Ryusuke Taguchi [2] vs. Volador Jr [2]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've wondered for a while now: is the whooping a reference to when he was "Party" Marty? Or is it just something UK crowds came up with to gently caress with him that US crowds picked up?

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Dissapointed there's no 6 man tags as good this year as Trent Baretta, Volador and Kojima.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

People who paid to see a show full of US/UK indie stars were familiar with their stuff?! Japanese fans can watch the same tapes we can, ya know. It's Korakuen, not some show in a gymnasium out in the sticks where people just came to see Tanahashi and Okada. Which of course makes it a great place to debut the guy, but I think assuming he's already a made man in New Japan is a little hasty.

The difference in venue is obviously big but it is definitely interesting to see the difference between his debut and the indifference AJ Styles received for a couple months.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Five stars to TAKA/Taichi.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Food Court Druid posted:

Five stars to TAKA/Taichi.

Guess I know what I'm doing when I get home.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Is there a translation of these pages anywhere? @reasonjp translated the page with Liger and Tiger Mask, but nothing else.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I can tell you that Ricochet is "cat" and Ospreay is "probably cat", Marty is (unsurprisingly) "umbrella man", Kanemaru and El Desperado are just 'nice to meet you', and BUSHI is 'cool' and 'strong', among other things.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

BUSHI is 'cool' and 'strong', among other things.
my thoughts on bushi are very similar

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Takuan posted:

Is there a translation of these pages anywhere? @reasonjp translated the page with Liger and Tiger Mask, but nothing else.

from some guy on Reddit

quote:

Some of it's kind of blurry, but I tried:

Guide to Best of the Super Jr. 24

Jushin Thunder Liger: kind now, so not strong! amazing, though
Tiger Mask: tiger! *roar*
Ryusuke Taguchi: technical perverted old rear end man!
Kushida: invisible man.
Ricochet: cat
Will Ospreay: probably a cat
Taka Michinoku: least favourite move: "Catch the Dream"
Taichi: don't like him because he kicks me right away! ouch.
Yoshinobu Kanemaru: nice to meet you.
El Desperado: nice to meet you.
Marty Scurrl: umbrella guy
ACH: beast with springs on the bottom of his feet
Volador Junior: jumping Vola!
Dragon Lee: LOVE.
Bushi: cool, strong, clever, stylish
Hiromu Takahashi: champion, the strongest

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TAKA and Taichi went 9 minutes before first contact and the crowd was engaged the whole time. Goldberg and Lesnar were always second rate.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jinder/Orton is going to struggle to be half as good Taka/Taichi

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Enjoyed the first two shows a lot and looking forward to where things go from here. Always amusing to see Ospreay goofing on other wrestlers so the Orton taunts were appreciated.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Courtesy of Super No Vacancy (I need to check out the rest of these):

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SLUM KING posted:

I will never stop mourning this. He had the best theme in wrestling.

leave the memories alone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Jinder/Orton is going to struggle to be half as good Taka/Taichi

Taka's post match reactions were out of this world good.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Enjoyed the first two shows a lot and looking forward to where things go from here. Always amusing to see Ospreay goofing on other wrestlers so the Orton taunts were appreciated.

he's a petulant child

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

So.... eh.... KUSHIDA is 0-2

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
After watching hot korakuen shows single camera shows at a place that looks like it holds hs graduations is definitely a change.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Day 4 is another taped show before a live show on Monday. Expect it to hit NJPW World sometime Sunday night US time.

Best of the Super Juniors Night 4
Sunday May 22nd
Kira Messe Numazu

Will Ospreay [2] vs. TAKA Michinoku [2]
Jushin Thunder Liger [0] vs. Marty Scurll [2]
Dragon Lee [2] vs. Taichi [2]
Ricochet [2] vs. Hiromu Takahashi [2]

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's show will feature the B Block and will be broadcast live from Korakuen.

Best of the Super Juniors Night 5
May 22nd at 5:30 AM/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Tomoyuki Oka and Hirai Kawato vs. Katsuya Kitamura and Syota Umino
CHAOS (Will Ospreay and Jado) vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku and Taichi)
War Machine, Ricochet, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Club (GoD, Yujiro, and Scurll)
Kojima, Juice, Dragon Lee, and Liger vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, and EVIL)
BOSJ Block B Match:Volador Jr [2] vs.Yoshinobu Kanemaru [2]
BOSJ Block B Match:Tiger Mask IV [2] vs. ACH [2]
BOSJ Block B Match:Ryusuke Taguchi [4] vs. El Desperado [4]
BOSJ Block B Match:KUSHIDA [0] vs. BUSHI [0]

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I was not expecting Ricochet's rock bottom flatliner thing to be a finish. Weird.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/866616359215652864

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna watch this... later.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow marks a return to the taped shows. It'll be a week before the next live one so Americans luck out since it falls on a US holiday.

Night 6's matches will be available sometime tomorrow. Hopefully they go up early like Sunday's did.

Best of the Super Juniors Night 6
May 23rd
Tochigi City Athletic Park Gymnasium

TAKA Michinoku [2] vs. Marty Scurll [4]
Jushin Thunder Liger [0] vs. Will Ospreay [4]
Taichi [4] vs. Hiromu Takahashi [2]
Ricochet [4] vs. Dragon Lee [2]

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Is my boy Desperado gonna go all the way? I hope so

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

https://gfycat.com/BlondOpulentCow

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
KUSHIDA debuted a new finishing move in case you still have any doubts that he's winning

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Spermgod posted:

KUSHIDA debuted a new finishing move in case you still have any doubts that he's winning

But then he lost to ACH today so ????????

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Gedo doesn't deserve booker of the year cuz Jushin Liger isn't going to the finals. Vote for anyone else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm trying to catch up on stuff I missed, this may come as a huge shock to people but I think Will Ospreay and Ricochet are pretty great wrestlers.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Deathlove posted:

But then he lost to ACH today so ????????

still confident he's winning. his path to the final is not that circuitous, he just needs to win all his remaining matches while Desperado and Kanemaru lose all theirs except Kanemaru beats Desperado. those guys' losses don't put anyone else at 8 points, and the fact that Kanemaru/Desperado is on the final block day is a bit of a hint.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 26, 2017

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Time to face the facts, folks. El Desperado is unstoppable.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I really liked Ospreay/Lee, just a crazy spotfest that crammed a ton of stuff into under 10 minutes. I much prefer that approach to the attempted epic style of Ospreay/Ricochet.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been traveling and just caught up now. There's a live Korakuen tomorrow and I'd definitely reccomend takoing advantage of the holiday if you're American as all the live shows have been great.

NJPW Best of the Super Juniors
May 29th at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Korakuen Hall

Dragon Lee and Syota Umino vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA and Taichi)
Juice Robinson, Ricochet, and Hirai Kawato vs. L.I.J (Hiromu, SANADA, and EVIL)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Bad Luck Fale, and Marty Scurll)
BOSJ Block B Match:Tiger Mask IV [4] vs. El Desperado [6]
BOSJ Block B Match:BUSHI [4] vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru [6]
BOSJ Block B Match:Volador Jr. [4] vs. ACH [6]
BOSJ Block B Match:KUSHIDA [4] vs. Ryusuke Taguchi [6]

Spermgod posted:

I really liked Ospreay/Lee, just a crazy spotfest that crammed a ton of stuff into under 10 minutes. I much prefer that approach to the attempted epic style of Ospreay/Ricochet.

yeah, agreed. Watch this one if you're the type to skip most of the single cam shows

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Spermgod posted:

I watched KUSHIDA/Kanemaru just to see this and it's pretty rad. Flipping fisherman's buster? I'm not even sure how to describe it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I watched KUSHIDA/Kanemaru just to see this and it's pretty rad. Flipping fisherman's buster? I'm not even sure how to describe it.

God's Last Gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if Liger's gonna get skunked or him getting his lone win costs Desperado the ability to win the block

• Locked thread