Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Dzhay posted:

I mixed gin and chinotto.

's good.

nice:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

curufinor posted:

also the flavorings in soju are 100% proprietary and p. iconic in korea
also incredibly hangover-inducing
it's like saying "i have a bunch of coca leaves and kola nuts here, you can make coca-cola with that, carbonated water and some corn syrup right"
the grapefruit and apple ones own bones, but I can't find them in the US :qq:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

TenementFunster posted:

the grapefruit and apple ones own bones, but I can't find them in the US :qq:

the best booze doesn't come here
that's just something we need to get out of the way, in this thread, right now

also, booze here is largely overpriced

due to your friendly neighborhood congress men, and women
:grin:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

the best booze doesn't come here
that's just something we need to get out of the way, in this thread, right now

also, booze here is largely overpriced

due to your friendly neighborhood congress men, and women
:grin:

Booze is cheap as hell even in my high-priced, west coast, liberal elite neighborhood. I can get extremely good, strong, all-American liquor for $20 a bottle after tax, half as much if I'm not feeling choosy.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the absence of a particular 20% abv liqueur myself.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

Booze is cheap as hell even in my high-priced, west coast, liberal elite neighborhood. I can get extremely good, strong, all-American liquor for $20 a bottle after tax, half as much if I'm not feeling choosy.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the absence of a particular 20% abv liqueur myself.

emphasis on all american :smugdog:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i dont know anything about gin but i bought some bombay sapphire on a whim and its v tasty in g&ts and a martini

should i know anything about gin

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont know anything about gin but i bought some bombay sapphire on a whim and its v tasty in g&ts and a martini

yum!!
:swoon:

that's quite good, and i am a fan

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

THIS IS THE UNDERSECRETARY OF BEER SPEAKING

uh, they don't do a Belgian tripel goes to all 50 states

that's my recommendation; a lager like that and something good to eat it with

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

belgian beer best beer imo. there's a monastery in spencer, mass. that's the first officially trappist brewery outside of belgium

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Trappist beer is Extremely Good

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Having some Aberlour scotch tonight. If you like that sherried stuff it's the place to be, IMO.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

it's the best gin that you're almost guaranteed to find in every bar. I think tanqueray is not great and kinda oily somehow

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Trappist beer is Extremely Good

most every grocery store that can sell liquor and has a walk in fridge is gonna sell Chimay and you should try that at least. I like the blue label.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i've heard that st. bernardus abbt 12 is the exact same thing as westy 12, except far easier to find and drink and much cheaper. also it's not technically trappist

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol

1000won = bit less than 1 dollar

Only registered members can see post attachments!

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
And the alcohol

E: gently caress cut off prices lemme get another photo

E: here we go

curufinor has issued a correction as of 09:09 on Jun 23, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Goddamn it attachments

Anyhow, this is in a gangnam convenience store so it's ripoff prices

Coke is 500ml and the soju is 400ml so actually per ml i think it's the same price

Lol

curufinor has issued a correction as of 09:20 on Jun 23, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

uber_stoat posted:

most every grocery store that can sell liquor and has a walk in fridge is gonna sell Chimay and you should try that at least. I like the blue label.

tbh I prefer rochefort when my budget can stretch to it

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's the best gin that you're almost guaranteed to find in every bar. I think tanqueray is not great and kinda oily somehow

:agreed:

don't sleep on aviation gin though
:kiss:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Dzhay posted:

I mixed gin and chinotto.

's good.

I thought I was the only one.

Root beer works well too. Bitter and herby.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

curufinor posted:

Goddamn it attachments

Coke is 500ml and the soju is 400ml so actually per ml i think it's the same price

Lol

gs25 or die

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
getting wrecked on Stella Artois.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

curufinor posted:

Goddamn it attachments

Lol

did some time in S. Korea.

drank soju for the first time.

resulted in me waking up with a minor head wound, and spooning with some girl i met at a bar outside of camp casey. turned our she was a marine. :patriot:

what i'm saying is, you can never go wrong with soju. ever.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I did a thing posted:

i thought only the achewood characters actually drank that

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i drink stella

i also don't think id be outta place on achewood

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i drink stella

youre a duck version of Todd

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I did a thing posted:

so sorry to hear that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Baloogan posted:

i drink stella

nah cornelius would've beaten you to death

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Stella is Budweiser made by fancy Euros.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
amsterdam vodka
orange juice
tonic
ice
and strawberry in season
:yum:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

Um actually it's "imported."

Wait, poo poo...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

it's brewed by the same conglomerate that makes budweiser

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i buy beer with a nice picture on the label my favourite is oranjeboom it has a nice orange tree

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Stumptown Tart is up your alley then

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
i like elysian dragonstooth stout myself

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
ive got elysian space dust ipa in the fridge right now

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

M_Gargantua posted:

ive got elysian space dust ipa in the fridge right now

yes!
it will make your taste buds, among other things, very happy :dance:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wicked weed has sold out to the man

luckily there's like a billion great breweries in this town but still. dang

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

why does AB-InBev only buy a single microbrewery in a given city and region? they've bought Goose Island in Chicago, Blue Point in Long Island/NYC area, TenBarrel in Oregon, Elysian in Seattle, and now Wicked Weed in Asheville. i'm probably missing more but those are the ones that i know about. i imagine that there's a deliberate reason for it, but i can't put my finger on why

sam calagione, who's always been one of the loudest voices in the craft beer world against selling out, hates these buyouts because it allows AB-InBev to sell the acquired beers for cheaper even though they by and large keep their beers intact, effectively undercutting the competition. that's gotta be why they're doing that, right? the only microbrewery i've seen gone national under their umbrella is Goose Island and even then, it's just a select few beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

get that OUT of my face posted:

why does AB-InBev only buy a single microbrewery in a given city and region? they've bought Goose Island in Chicago, Blue Point in Long Island/NYC area, TenBarrel in Oregon, Elysian in Seattle, and now Wicked Weed in Asheville. i'm probably missing more but those are the ones that i know about. i imagine that there's a deliberate reason for it, but i can't put my finger on why

sam calagione, who's always been one of the loudest voices in the craft beer world against selling out, hates these buyouts because it allows AB-InBev to sell the acquired beers for cheaper even though they by and large keep their beers intact, effectively undercutting the competition. that's gotta be why they're doing that, right? the only microbrewery i've seen gone national under their umbrella is Goose Island and even then, it's just a select few beers

:wow:
the man is selling me craft beer? how unfortunate!

• Locked thread