Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
i'm drinking franzia boxed wine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

M_Gargantua posted:

i wish you best with your hangover tomorrow

i have a hangova' erry day

MaxxBot posted:

Why does a bachelor on a US Senate salary like such swill?

i'm a basic bitch at heart :wink:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
drinkin' new amsta'dam gin with diet tonic, as i been puttin' on lbs lately due to stress eatin'

it's :yum:

:cheers:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

got any sevens posted:

jog for 15 mins before stress eating :)

thank you :3:

fat bossy gerbil posted:

New Amsterdam gin is vile trash.

oh shush, suga!

you mind sharin' wit' me what's betta'?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

im upset at the lack of suggestions and will therefore cancel the horrorshow

i apologize, i was worried i would worsen the hangover with any suggestion i might make

banana peppers, chive, tarragon, fennel seed and olives (or capers)

keep the beef broth, and use maka's mark

dry ice, fresh parsley, and muddled preserves, maybe cherry, or apple

brewer's yeast instead of vegemite, and brown sugar instead of maple syrup may work as good alternatives

the brown sugar should be heated in order to become a kind of caramel

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 23:58 on May 31, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

maybe a 2/10? 2 higher than expected

goonspeed, my bowels

the sprig of thyme was a pro tier touch

idk if you realized this, but i love ma' herbs :3:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

unfortunately the marmite kind of froze and stuck to the side of the shaker, and i used the shaker just to try to mix the bbq sauce and marmite in so :-\

it is a bit uh...cloudy, with a nice head on it

and i threw on some orange zest to really kick it up a notch

(i have some really lovely tasting oranges that still have great zest)

the head looks very nice

some egg white foam may be nice if you don't use bbq sauce if you try this again

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

fennel and tarragon aren't the same ol' sugar and spice, you're comin' through loud and clear

:kimchi: thank you

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

stfu cuckburd
jack daniels saved my life

have you heard the good news? i wanna introduce you to a man named, Evan Williams

everything you love about jack, but at cost

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol sug u aint heard that one?

im george washington i cannot tell a lie!

theres a bottle labeled evan williams with a splash in it splashin around my desk but theres an empty spot in my stomach where the hollies were i ate when i's a little boy but along come jack sayin i dont gotta keep that poison in my belly til i die i can just puke it out and i did and i have lived thirty years since

cheers!

love life, love god, love freedom
do what feels best, friend

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Relevant Tangent posted:

In college we literally used a bottle of JD to end relationships. Give each person in the relationship a shot from the cursed bottle and wait. Guaranteed fight by the end of the night. Six relationships were destroyed that way.

Relevant Tangent posted:

In college we literally used a bottle of JD to end relationships. Give each person in the relationship a shot from the cursed bottle and wait. Guaranteed fight by the end of the night. Six relationships were destroyed that way.

mine wouldn't go that way
i would try the jack test on my paramour, if he wasn't avoidin' drinkin' at the moment

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

Jack Daniels is the Johnnie Walker of bourbon. Bottom-tier swill with an inflated price due to marketing.

Apparently the higher-end Jack Daniels is pretty decent, just like the higher-end Johnnie Walker. But you'll still pay more than it's worth.

Unless you can find Johnnie Walker Green Label under $50, that stuff is solid.

johnnie walker? i'm now keepin' an' eye out, :lol:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Business Gorillas posted:

i spent memorial day weekend in new orleans and i found out about sazeracs and absinthe :toot:

and you are the very best in the thread because of it!!!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i was 2 years old i didnt know what a poison berry was much less a life!!!

you mean you had poison berries in your belly at 2 and they gave you jack to help you puke it up?
:suspense:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Jun 2, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

senator, explain this

there is none, it speaks to how long it's been since i've had to pour my own beer

punchymcpunch posted:

he can only pour beers with a special type of hops in em

LINDY HOPS HAHAHAHA ILL GET MY COAT

so soon?
i chuckled at that one

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

M_Gargantua posted:

where im spending the summer working bars are closed on sundays, "forcing" me to drink wine at home alone

forced huh?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

C-Euro posted:

Went to a Cajun/southern food place a couple weekends ago and their drink menu advertised something called a "Louisville Lightning", which as far as I can tell was just bourbon and lemonade with a lemon wedge for garnish. Pretty tasty for its simplicity, and also making me get more bourbon. Got EW White last time, what should I get now?

A bottle of 1800 Silver saved my relationship with the girlfriend who later become my wife.

depends on the brand o' liqa' apparently

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

Japanese stuff is the worst now in terms of value. Scotch can have ok value around 10-12 years of age if you know what you want, the price balloons massively after that.

Bourbon and rye are ridiculously competitive in terms of price, but the really good stuff is extremely hard to find and occasionally priced through the roof.

If you like rye, Pikesville is a pretty good choice. In terms of bourbon, the best consistent value in the higher-end range is probably Russell's Reserve. If you can find Booker's for $50 or less it's pretty decent, too, but the age goes down and the price goes up every year now. Can't go wrong with Evan Williams Single Barrel, of course, but that's not "expensive enough" to be high-end I guess.

Evan Williams is perf for the discriminating alcoholic on a budget, imo

in my case, i have been ingesting endless gin and tonics while using new amsterdam gin, and it has been luscious

join me!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

got any sevens posted:

my grandma liked gin and squirt, and i do too

a kindred spirit! also, you must be thirty years my junior being that i am in my sixties!

i love it

i like gin an' squirt, mint juleps, mojito's, an' i like ma' bourbon, jameson, and rhye, neat

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

An Apple A Gay posted:

o p p o r t u n i t y
c o s t

cheers

you jus get rid o relevant costs, like food, and clothing, and you realize you got jus enough

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

Koreans are crazy drinkers

2013 data based on 1.5oz servings of liquor consumed per capita~

South Korea — 11.2 shots/week
Russia — 5.0 shots/week
Thailand — 4.8 shots/week
Poland — 4.0 shots/week
Japan — 3.6 shots/week
Philippines — 3.5 shots/week
Bulgaria — 3.3 shots/week
Slovakia — 3.0 shots/week
Ukraine — 2.8 shots/week
France — 2.7 shots/week

are they countin the wine for france, because they drink wine with dinna every night

i for ma part put south koreans to shame

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Epic High Five posted:

It's crazy how many normies are basically teetotallers

Thanx

24 hours of overtime but my team and I crushed it for an event that is under enormous executive scrutiny

Now I am off to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at an outdoor amphitheater and then guzzle celebratory bourbon all weekend

nice!
enjoy! :yayclod:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

2DCAT posted:

JTS Brown Bottled in Bond is so drat good. $12 a bottle too. Just switched to that after my $30 Russel's Reserve 10 year and drat is it so much smoother and 6 proof higher. I hate that KY won't export this poo poo out of their state...

i'm not flyin to kentucky for that, though the thought did cross my mind

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

im drinking jim beam and sparkling mineral water

interesting

:discourse:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Coco13 posted:

My favorite drink, and perhaps the most versatile drink around, the Irish Coffee
The 'authentic' way
Warm the glassware using hot water to ensure coffee doesn't immediately lose any warmth. Dump the water out and dry the mug. Add coffee and brown sugar - sugar's optional, but people insist it helps the cream float. Then, Irish whiskey. I prefer Bushmills, in a 3 to 1 ratio but anywhere from 2 to 4 is fine. Gently float heavy cream on top by pouring it on the the back of a spoon to layer the drink.
The proper Irish coffee will have the perfect balance of bitter coffee to sweet sugar and smooth whiskey, from warm coffee to cold cream, from the upper of caffeine to the 80 proof depressant.

The most reliable way
Get coffee. Pour in some Bushmills. Taste it. Adjust coffee or liquor amount. Repeat. You lose the Instagram-approved layering but who cares. You have a no-frills drink that can be enjoyed at literally any moment that relies on the ubiquity of coffee, one of the most popular beverages in the world. Got roped into brunch? Irish coffee! At a wedding where dessert's being brought around? Irish coffee! Been day drinking and need to rally some energy? Irish coffee! Need to blunt a hangover? Irish coffee!

Most importantly, check out this Irish coffee cup:

What did Bunny Colvin tell us? You wave around a bottle of beer at the farmer's market or at a 10 AM meeting, for some reason people will hassle you, say you have a problem or are a public nuisance. Put your liquor in the same paper bag that they all drink from.

you are playin to win

ma heart! :sparkles:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

hip thrusts! hip.thrust.txt.

also:

lookit what i been drinkin'!

cross posted from iron chef thread:

ranch seasoning and sugar are on the rim, and it's and orange lime gin and tonic

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 22:03 on Jun 12, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

2DCAT posted:

I've been wanting to get into gin and tonics but I've been too lazy to make my own and the stuff I usually find in stores is terrible. Should I cave and make my own tonic or is there high end stuff I can buy for cheap?

i get crappy tonic

but, i have seen nicer options at whole foods

i had a lavender tonic once that was just lovely :3:

e: i'm sorry it was dry lavender soda that i had but, i have bought high quality tonic from WF, so i'm gonna look for it on the net

i have seen and am intrigued by this:

i bought the q, but the above is cheaper, i believe

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Jun 12, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

hell, i'll also crosspost from the iron chef thread because i drank it all and felt no regrets about it

ya know, i didn't tell you this, but kaluha and creme is one o' ma' faves

i may actually try it with ranch, since you are livin' to tell about it today :roflolmao:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

2DCAT posted:

Ahhh, Fever Tree. Ive seen a couple places uses that and I forgot the name (but remember the bottle). Fever Tree I liked a bit... You like Q more? I love all things lavender too...

i liked q quite a bit, and haven't tried fever tree, though i suspect it's delicious

the lavender was an error, it was a dry soda which i mistook for tonic, sorry for the confusion

i am pretty sure though, that lavender can be infused into your gin or vodka by letting it sit anywhere from an hour up to 2 weeks, same as a lemon or orange peel

you may be able to do it with tonic too, but i am more certain you can do it in alcohol or oil

careful of the stems though, as they lead to exessive astringency

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 23:02 on Jun 12, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Baloogan posted:

i went through a phase of buying super fancy botique tonic water, but I realized part of the magic of a gin and tonic was the cheap ice cold un-pretentious tonic

An Apple A Gay posted:

yeah f scott fitzgeralds fav

tall glass, squeeze a quarter lime in the bottom, fill to top with ice
add shots of gin
fill with tonic or seltzer, cheap from wally world

ranch smells like dirty feet

yeah, i find cheap tonic to be comforting, familiar, and satisfying, which is why i stick to it

also, ranch really does smell like dirty feet! :lol:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

What's a good drink to celebrate moving on to corporate work & selling out entirely?

got any sevens posted:

gin and tonic

funny :smugjones:

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 05:37 on Jun 13, 2017

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

having some grapefruit sculpin tonight

overpriced but theres nothin' like it

sounds yummy

i am having amsterdam vodka diet tonics, due to my increasing weight

i would really prefer mint juleps, but not until the scale is kind to me once again

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

2DCAT posted:

Thanks for the fever tree recommendation. The elderflower one is particularly good, especially if you throw some st germains in it

:swoon:

very very nice! :tipshat:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Dzhay posted:

I mixed gin and chinotto.

's good.

nice:discourse:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

TenementFunster posted:

the grapefruit and apple ones own bones, but I can't find them in the US :qq:

the best booze doesn't come here
that's just something we need to get out of the way, in this thread, right now

also, booze here is largely overpriced

due to your friendly neighborhood congress men, and women
:grin:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Vox Nihili posted:

Booze is cheap as hell even in my high-priced, west coast, liberal elite neighborhood. I can get extremely good, strong, all-American liquor for $20 a bottle after tax, half as much if I'm not feeling choosy.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the absence of a particular 20% abv liqueur myself.

emphasis on all american :smugdog:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont know anything about gin but i bought some bombay sapphire on a whim and its v tasty in g&ts and a martini

should i know anything about gin

yum!!
:swoon:

that's quite good, and i am a fan

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's the best gin that you're almost guaranteed to find in every bar. I think tanqueray is not great and kinda oily somehow

:agreed:

don't sleep on aviation gin though
:kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
amsterdam vodka
orange juice
tonic
ice
and strawberry in season
:yum:

• Locked thread