Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wasn't Don Davis Scully's dad? I've only seen like one season of X-files so I could have dreamed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Consummate Professional posted:

Wasn't Don Davis Scully's dad? I've only seen like one season of X-files so I could have dreamed that.

lol oh yea and I didn't even remember that.

He also comes to Scully in a vision ala Major Briggs.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Long time Twin Peaks fan, getting to rewatch it all again with a friend who has never seen the show. It’s always a real treat to enjoy it with someone who is brand new to it. Right now we are into the dregs of season 2, and as always I’m cringing at some of the plotlines. But there is still enough good stuff and I love the show so much that it would be impossible for me to ever skip any episodes!

Tbh I’m super excited to dig into Season 3 again.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just watched The Firm and when it got to the Morolto brothers I just about burst out laughing at how on-the-nose the Mitchums were

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

I am in the home stretch of Season 2 , episode 21 right now. I don't remember anything. Surprised to see Heather Graham I didn't know she was in Twin Peaks. Shits getting real. I honestly don't know when it happened but all the poo poo with James I guess was sort of not resolved I dunno . Just glad I don't have to sit through his story line anymore. So dull.

Keeping things rather spoiler free for myself , but excited to see how this ends.

edit:

What the hell did I watch lol I forgot how weird that last episode was

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 11, 2020

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The thing I regret, other than not getting into the show sooner, is being so excited to read about/discuss the show that I inadvertently spoil myself for some things. (Yet I participate in the thread. Curious! I am very intelligent.)

Watched S2 eps 4 and 5 last night. I really appreciate how the show can have such ridiculous, unworkable plans on one hand (Catherine in yellowface?!?!) and on the other still be like, "no, actually, when an 18-year-old girl with no resources makes a plan, and her only help is another 18-year-old girl who isn't really on board with the plan, that plan is going to suck." I thought Donna was going to try to take Harold into his bedroom or something, which was bad enough, but no, they're just standing on the other side of the giant windows, five feet away from Maddy fumbling around with the bookcase.

For that matter, though, what did Harold expect from Donna? He'd already caught her snooping once, and then that same day, she'd stopped "telling her story" after one sentence, snatched the secret diary and coerced Harold into following her outside. Why did he assume it'd be different when she came back later? (Though given that her story was about when she and Laura were in middle school and getting kissed by 20-year-old boys, I'd have been just as happy not hearing it...)

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Not sure if this is a very old reference, but a friend posted the woodsman's poem on fb and I wanted to post a funny haha gif of 'get him a light in a hurry' but then I realised the reference was from here and whoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBkTx-GL8s&t=112s

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Chubby Henparty posted:

Not sure if this is a very old reference, but a friend posted the woodsman's poem on fb and I wanted to post a funny haha gif of 'get him a light in a hurry' but then I realised the reference was from here and whoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkBkTx-GL8s&t=112s

That's really cool, that scene has a lot going on that relates to Sarah Palmer's character, the expression, the cigarette, the crowding men, the fire itself. So much of the imagery in season three is surrounding Sarah, and how (Frost?) said that Sarah's story was an element in returning to the story in the first place.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What the hell are y’all talking about

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Gordon's been having them Monica Bellucci dreams again.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah I see, it’s like a parody of ridiculous obviously untrue Lynch theories

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

okay

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Ah I see, it’s like a parody of ridiculous obviously untrue Lynch theories

Uh I think they just thought it was a funny coincidence that the thing they decided to reference featured Monica Bellucci, who was also referenced in season 3

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m starting to think I’ve severely misunderstood what’s happening here

Apologies to all!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Holy poo poo. Even being spoiled for Leland as the "physical" killer, S2E7 was intense and hard to watch.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

disaster pastor posted:

Holy poo poo. Even being spoiled for Leland as the "physical" killer, S2E7 was intense and hard to watch.

it is a shockingly violent scene and even more so for network TV in 1990

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

kaworu posted:

I think you are being slightly revisionist in a way here because as I recall moot was really much more of an adtrw poster than a FYAD poster - I mean it's not like he had a negative post-count, I feel like I would have remembered that. His vision for 4chan wasn't really what /b/ turned into fairly rapidly. He was much more like... someone who constantly raided 2ch for memes and stuff and thought it would be a really cool idea to make an English-speaking equivalent to it. Not that any of this really matters all that much. FYAD was a hell of a lot more insular, elitist, clique-like and stupid back then than anyone really prefers to remember. I know that was "the point" but the fact that they hounded out literally anyone but posters who had been hand-selected by them as being "cool enough" kind of revealed the whole thing as the stupid pile of bullshit and untalented white male losers it always was.

FYAD is a latin forum

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
talented, latin, but dickheads nonetheless

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just snagged tickets for twin peaks fest :cool:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

hawowanlawow posted:

just snagged tickets for twin peaks fest :cool:
Ooh, what's Twin Peaks Fest? And where is it if it's an in-person thing this year?

Also :barf:
https://twitter.com/WakeInShite/status/1297831754120626181

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

Ooh, what's Twin Peaks Fest? And where is it if it's an in-person thing this year?

Also :barf:
https://twitter.com/WakeInShite/status/1297831754120626181

idk if it's actually called twin peaks fest, but it's at Graceland on Halloween and will have a bunch of props from the show, panels with the actors, twin peaks themed dinners, and Chrysta Bell is gonna perform

It was already rescheduled from earlier this year, so hopefully it happens. My wife and I got seats next to each other and the seat numbers leave a gap in between so I guess they're spacing them out at least. Graceland is also fuckin huge

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 24, 2020

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

aaaaaand it's cancelled

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I'm almost impressed at the turnaround time between those posts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm dyin

https://twitter.com/generatedmelt/status/1298994465441378308

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Lol from the comments "Fieri Walk With Me"

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Just finished watching season 3 with my wife. I had never watched the final episode before for some reason and drat, it was... something alright. I have so many questions but most of all I'd like to know what the deal is with Audrey. Is there a fan consensus where she is/what's going on with her? Initially I thought she was still in a coma and woke up, but actually when she "wakes up" it doesn't really seem to be the case. Maybe a mental institution?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

a7m2 posted:

Just finished watching season 3 with my wife. I had never watched the final episode before for some reason and drat, it was... something alright. I have so many questions but most of all I'd like to know what the deal is with Audrey. Is there a fan consensus where she is/what's going on with her? Initially I thought she was still in a coma and woke up, but actually when she "wakes up" it doesn't really seem to be the case. Maybe a mental institution?

The Mark Frost follow-up The Final Dossier has answers to that question, just in case you want to read it on your own. I actually really appreciated it as a little dessert to the show

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I am in the home stretch of Season 2 , episode 21 right now. I don't remember anything. Surprised to see Heather Graham I didn't know she was in Twin Peaks. Shits getting real. I honestly don't know when it happened but all the poo poo with James I guess was sort of not resolved I dunno . Just glad I don't have to sit through his story line anymore. So dull.

Keeping things rather spoiler free for myself , but excited to see how this ends.

edit:

What the hell did I watch lol I forgot how weird that last episode was

We just watched the last two eps of season 2 last night, and yeah, wow. I didn't think the middle part was as bad as I was warned (though it's clearly lower quality, and I am relieved that James's terrible subplot was so terrible that he was gone forever after it), but I'm trying to decide if the finale was the actual best episode of the series, or if it just feels that way after such a long stretch of mediocre episodes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*so far

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

If this is a promise about season 3, it's a very exciting one. (I was spoiled for some parts of the original series; I know almost nothing about season 3.)

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

disaster pastor posted:

If this is a promise about season 3, it's a very exciting one. (I was spoiled for some parts of the original series; I know almost nothing about season 3.)

The cool thing about TP s1 was that there wasn't really anything like it at the time -- shot on film instead of tape with mostly filmic production quality instead of the television status quo, surrealism, actual movie stars as characters. In a way it was the first "prestige" show, or at least paved the way for prestige tv. The original run of TP influenced television for the next decade+

Without providing any spoilers, I think TP s3 will have a similar influence. It's at least as far ahead of its time w/r/t production and presentation as the original run was. And there's one episode that I still to this day can not believe actually aired. I have never seen anything like it on tv and rarely in film.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

disaster pastor posted:

Make sure to post your thoughts throughout. Season 3 is wild. I'd say more but I'm wary of overselling it, not because it won't live up to the expectations I set, but because it feels way different from the old seasons and because you really need to have the whole season in your mind to start to understand what Lynch was going for.

Also, make sure to watch Fire Walk With Me before you start season 3. It is as important to season 3 as the original seasons are.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

And there's one episode that I still to this day can not believe actually aired.
Seeing that episode for the first time was pure magic. I have never experienced a TV or movie experience that incredible. This is not hyperbole either, its an amazing and indescribable experience. Lots of other great moments in s3 too, and lets make sure not to spoil it for the pastor.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

pyrotek posted:

Also, make sure to watch Fire Walk With Me before you start season 3. It is as important to season 3 as the original seasons are.

We're watching FWWM next week and The Missing Pieces the week after, just to be complete.

I appreciate everyone trying to avoid spoiling me! I've learned one or two things I'd have preferred not to just by unthinkingly moving my mouse over a spoiler.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

disaster pastor posted:

We're watching FWWM next week and The Missing Pieces the week after, just to be complete.

You are doing it correctly. Enjoy!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Would watching other David Lynch movies like Blue Velvet add something to the Twin Peaks experience?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well... I wouldn't say that's the main reason you should watch them. But you should anyway.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wild at heart has Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee in it and is extremely good

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mulholland Drive is like Twin Peaks in a microcosm. It's a cancelled TV show turned movie that radically recontextualizes itself like halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

wild at heart has Sherilyn Fenn and Sheryl Lee in it and is extremely good

I watched Wild at Heart for the first time on TCM last weekend and it was like Bizarro Twin Peaks. Almost everyone shows up.