Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Give yourself that electric playground Dougie bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Sonny Jim got a sunny gym. :3:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Coop and Truman sitting together smiling after Cooper realizes Harry has decided to be his backup :shobon:

This

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

HD DAD posted:

Sonny Jim got a sunny gym. :3:
oh my god

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Dammit

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
The conference table at the sheriff's department with coffee mugs and a giant plate of donuts. The policeman's dream!!

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Just rewatched the Roadhouse performance of Axolotl because Charlyne Yi's performance was stuck in my head, and wow. That scene still hits like a truck.

I watch that scene back once a year. So great. That performance and the Lissie one are, for me, the musical emotional peaks of the show.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Great ideas from everyone. Now. I just need to find a home to buy haha.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mine would just be one of the opening landscape shots of s3, just a thick foggy wall of trees.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

insider posted:

Had a thought today. If you were going to get a Twin Peaks mural painted in a home theater what you would get it of (either one wall or entire theater)? The red curtains and white and black floor seem obvious but curious if anyone has any other cool ideas?
Major Briggs making Bobby cry in the RR

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Just a giant Major Briggs head, forever floating in the void of your wall

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Just a giant Major Briggs head, forever floating in the void of your wall

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

My mural would be the neon red "Bang-Bang Bar" sign from the Roadhouse reflected backwards in a filthy puddle of water. I think it's from the season 2 finale? That's always been one of my favorite shorthand images from the show that kinda summed up everything that needed to be said about Twin Peaks.

edit: Ah, I found the specific image:

kaworu fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 13, 2021

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

kaworu posted:

My mural would be the neon red "Bang-Bang Bar" sign from the Roadhouse reflected backwards in a filthy puddle of water. I think it's from the season 2 finale? That's always been one of my favorite shorthand images from the show that kinda summed up everything that needed to be said about Twin Peaks.

edit: Ah, I found the specific image:

The empty beer bottles looking kinda like bullets is so good.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maarak posted:

The empty beer bottles looking kinda like bullets is so good.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I just learned that Odessa is a town popular with men from oil rigs and is sort of known for having a industry of strip clubs and prostitution to serve them.

Interesting to think of Twin Peaks in that context.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's also in the middle of fuckin nowhere

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
for whatever reason it's always 'that town that the cheerleader in heroes was from' to me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I'm pretty sure I had never seen this before :thunk:

https://twitter.com/Seamus_Malek/status/1385348613950242818

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's kind of surreal even for Twin Peaks, especially hearing Lynch's voice bellowing in from off-camera.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
More troubling than anything in season 3 lmao

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

I remember being in the 3rd grade, and one of my classmates had a parent who got sent over for Desert Shield.

I grew up in peak Lynch country, so this resonates real hard.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
That's loving wild.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The most amazing part is that Dana Ashbrook’s perfect stillness makes it seem like they used a photo background right up until he cheers for our brave men fighting overseas.

The end of history was such a hosed-up time, and not in a good way.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Dana is a cool guy

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Why would you do this to me :(

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I'm gonna hope that was just "they were both at a rich people party and he didn't know who she was" :(

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah Epstein and Maxwell went to lots of parties and took pictures with whoever was worth taking pictures with. Unless he flew on the Lolita Express or something, I'm not too worried.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
The hair lets you know which cooper that is

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He’s just infiltrating One-Eyed Jack’s.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

El Jeffe posted:

Yeah Epstein and Maxwell went to lots of parties and took pictures with whoever was worth taking pictures with. Unless he flew on the Lolita Express or something, I'm not too worried.

Yup. Easiest way in the world to get the appearance of legitimacy, assuming you have the in to get into the parties to begin with.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

a Loving Dog posted:

The hair lets you know which cooper that is
:hmmyes:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I have a new theory about Nadine, s3 spoilers below.

The giant is the one that gave Nadine super strength. He was trying to use her to attack Bob like he did with green glove. Cooper messed up the plan by being too prideful and chasing Winding Earl into the red room

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5i98tfyGac

This collab between lynch and donovan is pretty cool. The chorus seems to be recorded black lodge style

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/laura-dern-david-lynch-up-to-something/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"I don't think he will stop until I have shaved my head." :allears:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mahoningdit/status/1393594998952710148

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:toot:

https://twitter.com/thatsourwaldo/status/1395746148057550848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Just binged the entire series with my gf (her first time, my nth time except for S3 which was my second time). Picked up a lot more on this watch of season 3 but still so many questions. The Laura as garmonbozia bomb theory rings pretty true to me but there's still a ton of other stuff. Why is Cooper's face overlaid on screen in e17, saying "we live in a dream"? Is the entirety of TP s1-2 and most of 3 just some Judy pocket universe? If Audrey is in a coma and just dreaming, how is her story about Billy, Tina et al basically repeated by Tina herself in the roadhouse? (Maybe Tina is a nurse and Audrey heard a conversation and incorporated it into her coma dream?) Why is there a recurring theme of "I had forgotten about that but it's coming back to me now, like a dream I had almost forgotten". Weird timeline stuff like the Mr C text of "Las Vegas?" being sent after Diane received it, seems impossible to make work within any time frame.

Lots of unnecessary stuff that could / should have been cut: everything with Jerry, Red, Shelly's daughter, Truman's wife, all pointless. Keep Wally Brando forever though.

It's a confounding enigma. Probably my second favorite show ever, after The Wire. Maybe tied for first. Gf likes Legion more, which has a similarly experimental presentation but a much more conventional and straightforward plot.