Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I"m really hoping Cera gets to play the Man from Another Place.

Lets rock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_q7rZJljKY

Meanwhile... :aaaaa:

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Guess what?

There's no tomorrow...

Know why baby?

'Cause it'll never get here.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

business hammocks posted:

The lingering shots of locations in True Detective owes a lot to Lynch for sure.

The first time New York and Los Vegas were introduced on the show my mouth was agape. Not that "Twin Peaks" would be expanding, but the technical excellence of the shots was what floored me.

I don't know how they were captured, but those too-slow pans of the cityscape were marvelous and a feast for the eyes.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Another episode without James.

Another good episode.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
When Lynch wants you to absolutely loathe a character, boy howdy do you feel it.

I'm not sure who's more contemptible at this point- S1 Leo or S3 Chad.

Sure Leo was a domestic abuser, murderer, drug runner and overall sadist- but there's just something about Chad's slow motion lunch packup that's just the absolute worst.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Elias_Maluco posted:

I still loathe Window Earle a lot more than these two. What an awful character

Well I mean given Lynch's limited involvement in the second season I don't think it was ever his intent for Earle to even exist.

Awfulness aside, he did give us pretty much the only piece of real information about the black lodge via his video rant.

It's sort of like his whole character was an elaborate fan ficion that by some sad miracle was filmed and aired on television. Not cannon.

I kind of like to remember things... in my own way.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Kurtofan posted:

what's going on the image below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63VHeu5V0zA&t=20s

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Panamaniac posted:

Also, is it just me or did Coop look younger laying there after?

It very much looked like they worked some CGI magic during that scene, it was definitely touched up to make it look like Cooper from the original series.

And maybe that's the thing. He seems to have a body of a ~30 year old, which is how old Coop was when he first entered the lodge. His head has seemingly aged independently.

Kudos to MacLachlan if there wasn't a body double in that scene. Bro is ripped.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
It was a tiny part of the episode, but I really liked the song that Harry Dean Stanton got to sing for a little while. He sings in pretty much everything he's in, but hearing his age-withered voice again just really brought it home for me.

It reminded me of being sung to by my grandparents, and it really struck a positive emotional cord.

That cord was severed by the ensuing Richard Horne terror rampage. This may have been one of the weaker episode of the series so far, but it's low points are higher than pretty much anything on television right now.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
"Hello, Agent Cooper.
I'll see you again in 25 years.
Meanwhile I'll be at the buffet."

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
*checks on thread after awhile*

*scrolls through 10 pages of rape/cuck chat*

The fucks are at it again!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Head's up,
tails up,
run you scallywags.
Night falls,
morning calls,
I'll catch you with my death bag.
You may think Lynch has gone insane,
but I promise,
the Audrey scene will make more sense in hindsight!

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
SUCH A SADNESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
And equally as important-

Got a light?