Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

kaworu posted:

Yeah, I'm going a bit off-kilter with the quantum mechanics stuff.

No offense man, some of your theories are interesting but you're really grasping at straws man. Lynch isn't a physicist and although I appreceate the theories you bring up, bringing up quantum theory makes you sound a little like you're just throwing poo poo at the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Goddamn some posters here are really missing the loving point, Lynch is clearly making tons of allusions to the grateful dead.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Kawabata posted:

The idea that the white lodge took her away from Cooper to create this parallel world is a bit out there. First off, the Judy cue sounds way more like a horrible loving sound effect in an ominous scene than an agreed upon signal. Second, why is Cooper so surprised if he knows it's the white lodge grabbing Laura. Third, why is Laura letting out the trademark Palmer scream.

Rewatching it, Cooper looks more sad/resigned at the idea the bringing Laura at a spot where she could be captured makes sense. He doesn't look surprised. In fact, to me, he looks sad but expectant at what just happened.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't disagree exactly but I still haven't seen a single "good guys win" interpretation that actually addresses "what year is this" at all. If Cooper has any agency in the ending, why is he so confused by everything that happens after they arrive in TP?

I don't know if ou guys do this. But you can somewhat control you dreams when you are sleeping. it's kinda dumb and doesn't do anything, but if you're in a nightmare or having a bad dream, you can ask yourself concrete questions such as what year is it, what did I have for supper, how did I get here. Usually, the part of your brain that engineers the dream doesn'T work out those kinds of things and when it can't come up with an answer you wake up or at the very least realise you're sleeping and it's not real.

I get the feeling that cooper was sent in to wake Laura up. once he asks the question, she thinks about it, and wakes up, just like we would if we were to ask ourselves a question like that while we are dreaming.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Inception's ending is quite clear. You never find out what's the totem of Leo, the only one you see him play with all the time is his wife's totem and were kinda made to believe he then adopts it as his own.

That's not it at all. His totem is is wedding ring. Any time his in a dream, he doesn't wear it, once he's out, either at the beginning or end of the movie, he's wearing it. His totem is the wedding ring and he know's he's out of the dream and with his family.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I could understand how people that don't really read or take interest in Lynch take stuff he says out of context but i'm ashamed of the posters in this thread. What he was talking about wasn't even complicated. SMDH.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Emmy's are voted on by people that have television credits. Basically, the shows that employ the most people will win a whole bunch of poo poo because the crew ain't going to vote against itself.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Have there been good explanations online of what the ending was all about? I read some back when the show ended and through a few weeks afterwards but stopped reading and looking online after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

And More posted:

Swery actually left Access games, the company that originally released DP and its director's cut. This is an entirely new publisher. It's clearly not been overhauled from the ground up, though.

edit: Yeah, looks like this is not the Director's Cut. No DLC and no additional (aka pointless) cutscenes. It has a bunch of unique problems, though. The framerate is all over the place and the audio starts cutting out after half an hour of play. At least the controls are better/configurable. Maybe wait for a patch? :shrug:

I really hope they make it playable. I still reminisce fondly on the first playthrough I did of deadly premonition.