Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't god drat wait. Want to skip work just for it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you were a fan of the tv shows charm and chemistry and hated FWWM you are going to really hate this.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Coolper is probably the best new character ever

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't Aubrey die in the bank bomb

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I rewatched episode four it's real good and feels like Twin Peaks.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys were mentioning Legion in this thread is it good

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

precision posted:

So does everything that uses indie rock songs and teenagers with dyed hair hipster trash, grandpa?

Yes what happened to not dressing and looking like a drat fool

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think they go on too long. Granted I watched and loved last episode but this one just seemed to drag in the Dougie parts. Makes me think that when all is said and down a really good 3 hour cut is going to come out of this. Muholland Drive girl is still fit as fuk tho 20 years later

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bobby went from just above James level to cooper level. The new cooper.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psychoJ posted:

Okay, quick, extremely ignorant question: why do people hate Jim Belushi? I've literally never seen him in anything besides Twin Peaks, and he's been okay here.

It was cool to hate 90s 2000s afternoon comedy stars for a while. So Jim Belushi, Kevin James, Ray Romano etc.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's still a lot of c haracters we haven't checked in on like Big Ed

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did anything ever get released about why the real Truman suddenly left this show? There was that whole thing about him even trying to get the original jacket back and then bam replaced by Robert forester

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He was back and signe don for this then left. It was kinda around when Lynch quit this reboot

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I wish Leo somehow survived the original series because I bet he'd be amazing in this

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Leo was evil but he wasn't a huge idiot. In the sense that Richard Horne is.

The biggest thing I'm surprised about is no reference or anything of the lumber mill or even the bank explosion. Or that whole Main Street area with the department store.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lived in a town called Twin Mountain and it had like a 5k population and there was only three town cops and a chief. They would have a Andy or Lucy equivalent on the phones and then the local state police barracks did all dispatch. Which is what I would imagine a real Twin Peaks would do :shrug:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Had no idea Blue Velvet had one huh.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Twin Peaks but let's not pretend FWWM is anywheres close to top films of the 90s

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like the replacement Donna actress (also how have we not got any Donna in season 3)

Also reminder that Big Ed and Nadine are also a serial killer couple in the actual best movie of the 90s, People Under the Stairs

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm trying to think of any other characters we haven't heard or seen of yet from the original series besides obvious ones like Donna, What's his name who played eraserhead, Catherine and Josie etc. I still feel like we're missing a big one

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still crazy we found out that Diane was a real person and who she was.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was in a day if she was a spirit why would she be so sad all the time

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ya I forgot they were actual people before lodge doppelgangers

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just watched the episode and loved it. So glad coop is back. Also what's the running theory on Aubreynow

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was horrendous and I like Inland Empire

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Parents posted:

Wild at Heart has an extremely happy ending iirc.

No I think Sailor dies iirc

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cacator posted:

The Straight Story also has a happy-ish ending.

No? Also Wild at Heart owns

I couldn't remember. I like Wild at Heart too should watch again.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish it just ended with number 17.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am incredibly disappointed that was how Twin Peaks ended I hope that stupid book wraps things up

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is the Firemen? Mike?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel like this show would've been better if lynch didn't have free reign and was forced to cut out the monotone parts

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hated season 3. Rewatching now I like it a bit more but I still think it was way over padded and had too many scenes that don’t add anything or go no where’s. I know this is a controversial opinion but oh well. I would’ve loved a gross nostalgia trip.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only bad Dougie is like the two episodes where he’s really useless and the amount of disbelief that is required in regards to nobody being like “what’s wrong with him he needs help”.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lynch has also been accused of rape and sexual harassment before so not too surprised he’s a idiot and wrong. Makes good stuff though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol lynch fans owned he always was a lovely person

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The difference between Snyder and lynch is that traditionally Lynch things bomb hard

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He’s ok

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wild at heart is great because you don’t even realize it’s a wizard of oz remake until the end.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love willem Defoe as a flying monkey was so great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like season 3