Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I recently finished watching the original series and was about to post in the other thread when I saw you put this thread up. The show has certainly been an experience, for good and ill. I am definitely not looking forward to seeing James in the revival. I'm planning to watch the movie next and don't know what the missing pieces are. I can also say that I finally understand what that Black Lodge game was about, and the influence this show had on Deadly Premonition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Remember that fear and love are the keys and that they can warp a person's perception. Now that I think about it, Albert was probably right in following his path.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Cromulent posted:

So what's the official word on the airing schedule? I had initially heard episode 1 on the 21st obviously, with the following 2 episodes released on Showtime streaming immediately after. But now I'm reading that episode 2 and 3 will be the week after? Anyone know for sure?

I heard episodes 1 & 2 on 21st, 3 & 4 on 28th, and 1 episode a week after.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Deakul posted:

I'm mostly unfamiliar with Lynch; I've only seen TP, FWWM, and Dune.

FWWM and Dune were like fever dreams that I could barely comprehend so I definitely hope that this new season of the show remains as accessible as most of the original run was. :ohdear:

I highly recommend checking out his other movies like Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Looking back, I didn't mind the Civil War stuff. It was just the ending that soured me about the whole thing, that Ben somehow instantly recovered.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Where can one watch the Missing Pieces?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Looking back, there is something that I didn't understand. What does the clue "the owls are not what they seem" refer to?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I've finally watched everything from the original TV show to the revival, the movie, Missing Pieces, and just for the hell of it the Log Lady intros for the episodes. Outside of reading the books, I believe I'm caught up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I forgot to ask this earlier, but have any of you seen a series of videos called Journey Through Twin Peaks? What did you think of it?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Speaking of video games influenced by Twin Peaks, what about the Persona series? I thought the Velvet Room was inspired by the Black Lodge.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Open Source Idiom posted:

The Japanese seem to really like turning the Black Lodge drapes blue. It's there in Persona, it's there in (OBSCURE ANIME ALERT!) RahXephon, right down to the floor design -- and I know it's in something else, though I'm possibly thinking of Death Parade.

I like to believe it also serves to reference Lynch's Blue Velvet. Two references for the price of one.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Only asking here because it's the most likely to have knowledgeable answers. I saw MulhollNd Drive like 6 months ago and I couldn't get it. Like I get that either the first half is s dream or the second half is a dream or maybe both are half dreams, but while I still suppose I liked it, I still couldn't tell you what happened or what the blue box or the homeless woman (whose expression I just read was the actress making gently caress Me Eyes at David Lynch) really "mean," etc. Of Lynch's works I've seen Twin Peaks, FWWM , the past 4 eps of S3, Mulholland, and Eraserhead like 4 times because it's possibly my favorite movie.

So I'll watch the rest of his works, but are there any tips or recommended cliff notes guides of Mulholland Drive? I liked it and I know that you can never 100% understand one of his works, but I want to make sure I'll understand it fully as possible next time I watch it since it's a long movie and I'd like the next viewing to be my definitive one.
Or if some tips of things to focus on or think about when viewing would also be fine. Remember, I HAVE seen it I just don't know what he hell happened. Then I'll see Inland Empire I guess

Maybe this essay can help you understand Mulholland Drive.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

UnculturedSwine posted:

Is there a good review or break down of Inland Empire similar to the hulk review of Mulholland Drive that was posted ITT earlier?

I saw this video recently that I hope helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnxbaV-oMY

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wasn't paying too much attention, but is the new season doing that "each episode is a day" thing the previous seasons did?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I told some people I liked Twin Peaks and they said I should check out the shows Fortitude and Carnivale. Would you recommend them?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It's been a long while since I've thought about this show. I'm thinking about rewatching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Would watching other David Lynch movies like Blue Velvet add something to the Twin Peaks experience?