Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

DrVenkman posted:

It's funny how in the minutes that pass between S1 ending and S2 starting, Blackie (The woman at One Eyed Jacks) is suddenly a heroin addict. And in the few hours that have passed, Donna has turned into a femme fatale.

The only problem is that it comes so suddenly.

Blackie is a heroin addict from the start. In her very first scene she complains that Ben is holding out on her, and Jerry taunts her with a baggie of heroin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Okay so there are two new Twin peaks albums on vinyl out in September and another book in November. Also the original soundtrack and the Fire Walk With Me soundtrack are out on vinyl.

I'm now much poorer.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

This is the best thing

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Oh god I laughed so hard at the James reveal and song. That was a loving master stroke.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I had to pause for a good few minutes after the WILSON!!! moment because I was laughing so hard

Like I'm laughing again just thinking about it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

hawowanlawow posted:

Yeah, he asks Cooper what happened to Josie, and he does call him coop

I thought that was just BOB doing an impression of what he figured Truman would say. He's clearly being sarcastic.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

GOT A KNIFE?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Got the blu ray today :)

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

also there's a whole thing about windom earle murdering a hippie and turning him into a chess piece.

Not a hippie, but Ted Raimi just trying to get a beer, man!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SuperNadine gave us one of the single funniest moments in the entire series: when Mike explains to Bobby "what the combination of [Nadine's] maturity and physical strength can result in"

General Ben had some great scenes too, especially when Bobby and Audrey got roped into participating

Jame's Sexy Road Adventures were straight up soap opera trash that Twin Peaks used to parody and I always skip these scenes on a rewatch unless it's with someone who's never seen it before

Skipping the 'bad' chunk of season 2 would also mean missing out on Denise, which is unforgiveable, and Josie becoming even more wooden than she was before

Quote-Unquote fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Sep 11, 2018

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

OscarDiggs posted:

Never seen Fire Walk With Me, no. I also didn't recognise any scenes from season one or two during my first watch, so a second probably is in order.

You should definitely watch Fire Walk With Me, my dude. Not only is it pretty crucial to linking the first two seasons to the third (they are worlds apart), it's an absolutely fantastic if emotionally devastating film.

If you get the blu ray box set, you get the first two seasons, FWWM and 'The Missing Pieces', which is a feature-length collection of deleted scenes from FWWM that add even more depth and backstory. It's also a beautifully presented box set with a neat and slightly creepy hidden compartment

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

That all said, the nudity just screams,"I COULDN'T DO THIS ON TELEVISION!" and it's really pretty skeevy and I'm glad outside of one early and one late scene in season 3 Lynch restrained himself in that respect.

It should seem skeevy imo. We're seeing Twin Peaks through Laura's eyes, and it isn't a quirky, idyllic little town with a dark underbelly to her - it's ALL dark, depraved and full of unimaginable suffering.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

BetterLekNextTime posted:

James jokes aside, even the scene with James at school? That had a very different feel from the Pink Room scenes.

That scene just felt sad more than anything. Laura is on autopilot, getting naked for the one guy that doesn't treat her like poo poo, because that's all she expects men to want from her.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Doctor Teeth posted:

oh poo poo i just realized Jerry Horne is Luther from The Warriors.

i am a dumb rear end

Also T-Bird, the lead henchman in The Crow

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ed and Nadine were great in The People Under the Stairs

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

StarkRavingMad posted:

David Lynch is doing the weather report every day still, and it seems to be getting more and more blue filtered by the day. I wonder if this is building to something

I wonder if there will be questions in a world of blue

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tace Vim posted:

rewatching S3 ATM, and have noticed that despite the show often being described as a drama//thriller, it's also as funny as hell. funnier than most comedy shows IMO

I've been going through the whole series with a friend. We just hit the "WILSON HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOOOOOOU?" bit and both completely creased up laughing.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

eSporks
Chris Knight
Together
Forever

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I remember the first time watching Twin Peaks, learning that Peggy Lipton once dated Elvis and thinking "what?! How? She can't possibly be old enough for that you be true!"

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Bird in a Blender posted:

Jim Belushi turning in an all time performance in S3 was definitely unexpected.

Tom Sizemore was a surprise for me.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

WILSON HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOOOOOOOU
THIS IS WHAT WE DO IN THE FBI

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Every so often I find myself remembering this scene and it just makes my day :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzxEScuRu4A

Knew what this was gonna be before I clicked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Bobby's reaction to Mike telling him about what he and Nadine get up to is worth all the bad bits of season 2.