Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

This is the first night I've been able to watch live and welp I guess I picked a good one to see the reactions in this thread lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

kaworu posted:

It's truly kinda mind-boggling, when you think about. The big sum he needed to create that massively awesome thing we all watched...is less than 5% of the money Zack Snyder gets to make movies in a decade. 18 hours of high quality David Lynch with a "laughably high" sum of money is 1/6th of a 2-hour Zack Snyder film, Justice League. I don't mean to focus on him it could be any guy working in super hero movies or just stupid high budget films like Michael Bay.

I know you say you're not singling out Snyder but it's odd to mention him in particular because he was fired from Justice League for not doing what the studio wanted and had another director brought in to completely redo the film. This probably counts as one of those "oh boo-hoo you only made millions but had your toys taken away" moments, but I think it's still relevant to the rest of your rant that he's one of the handful of super hero movie directors (the other notably ones being Josh Trank and to a lesser extent Edgar Wright) who have faced the same kind of studio meddling which caused them to either leave or have their vision* ruined or both.

* again, "vision" in this case being relative, I liked Snyder's stuff but would put it nowhere near Lynch's level, but that might be one of the sacrifices you make trying to work with massive budgets

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I really need to do a full series rewatch, I haven't even ever seen all of season 2. Planned to before S3 started but you know how that stuff goes. It was amazing watching S3 live, it's still mind boggling that something like this was on tv every week for a season, just amazing surrealist television.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'd much rather they just give Lynch carte blanche to do whatever the hell he wants. If that's another Twin Peaks season then so be it, but if he wants to do some other series or mini-series or movie or series of short animations or whatever the hell else, then just give him the budget and screen time to do it.

Maybe I'm being naive but I feel like at this point Twin Peaks' sustained popularity is more about Lynch anyway so it's not like doing a Game of Thrones spin off or whatever where you need to keep the same brand name in place to get viewers, just advertise heavily that you let Lynch do another weird series and you're all set.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yea Dark is good and the final season releases today, definitely way more serious tho but still good.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

After some research, that was, in fact, twin perfect who made the cringey 'Prometheus is actually a brilliant puzzle only smart people can solve" argument, alongside the ones who decided to make a whole-rear end 60 minute video bragging about how the silent hill HD collection was bad like they predicted. "I'm not mad, because I was right!"

Did you make a post 3 days after your previous post just to say "hey I looked again and looks like I was right about all that stuff I posted the other day"?

I have no idea who these Twin Perfect people are but maybe we should limit discussion to their Twin Peaks theories if we are going to talk about them at all.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Ah I see, it’s like a parody of ridiculous obviously untrue Lynch theories

Uh I think they just thought it was a funny coincidence that the thing they decided to reference featured Monica Bellucci, who was also referenced in season 3

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

eSporks posted:

I don't think I have seen anyone answer what year it is, so no mystery NOT SOLVED. :colbert:

Ugh can’t believe these hacks introducing new mysteries in the last minute of the entire show!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

romanowski posted:

well the actor only has one arm so I'm not sure it's blatantly obvious they're doing this

Maybe Lynch stuck a dummy arm under his shirt to do a double blind meta trick on the audience

(or more likely 90s baggy fashion is to blame for this illusion)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Rewatching season 3 and all I can say is….

Hellllooooo!

Thank you Mr. Jackpots!