Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Just got caught up on the thread. The only person I know in real life that watches this is my wife and she is uh....not super thrilled about this season (she's in the "Hurry up, Coop" camp but I love her anyway).

I sat up and said "AUDREY!" when Coop saw the red shoes. I know it wasn't Audrey, but it was just one more visual clue for the old Coop. Anyway, love the show and love the discussion here. What a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Also Gravity Falls, which is like Twin Peaks for kids except for the lack of dead Homecoming Queens.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Is this the first episode that credited Hawk's full name or have I just been missing it? I pointed out his jacket and told my wife, "hey that's not his coat, he's a big fat phony" and whoops no, I suck.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Well if the song is written by David Lynch, it may provide some information. Or not.

The songs are not what they seem.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Throughout the years I have mostly heard negative things about Belushi. Granted, I've never met him but the stories all seem to have similar threads to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8U7eZg_Zk

However, people change and I hope he isn't a total prick in real life. But I don't think that my opinion will change based on his appearance in my favorite show ever.

On another note, I thought it was fantastic that Hawk said that the fire emblem/energy depends heavily on intent.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Elias_Maluco posted:

I think Jim Belushi is very good in Twin Peaks (they both are, the guy who plays the brother is fantastic too) . He is a good actor

And I coulndt care less if he is a jerk IRL or not (unless he is a mass murderer or serial killer or something, which he is probably not)

Agree to disagree, friend. I think it speaks more to Lynch being a fantastic director - to be able to coax such a great performance out of him by threatening to send him to the principal's office and such.

Also, I was posting that in response to the thinking of "People just hate him because it was hip to hate sitcom stars" when in fact he might actually BE hateable.

Might be.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Diverting funds and time from efforts to genuinely help those people instead of inducting them into a cult is, in fact, a bad thing

Cults usually break you down to nothing before building you up in their "image", take your money, isolate you from family and friends (non believers) and typically frown upon you leaving to downright preventing you from leaving. Is there any proof of any of this or is any organization that asks for donations a cult to you?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

No Mods No Masters posted:

http://www.suggestibility.org/ is AFAIK the big firsthand account of abuse in TM, you can make your own conclusions. It's interesting albeit extremely depressing reading

Thanks, I'll look into this :)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I would join Hawk's Cult.

Meditation mantra: "Hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwk"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
"Why are you laughing so hard? This is awful." - My wife to me last night during the Big Musical Finale

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I thought the arm wrestling scene was amazing. From the obvious distress/straining of the Boss throughout it all to Mr. C's reaction and commentary - spectacular.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Why cookie Rocket posted:

So are you too scared of your own sexuality to watch mostly-naked dudes or are you just completely unimpressed with displays of physical skill or...?

I knew a guy that was super into wrestling back in the 80's and then he died of a heart attack last year so no thank you very much.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

el oso posted:

5 hours at this show's pace is not very long. But everything is converging on Twin Peaks now - Mr. C and Gordon's crew have the coordinates pointing to Twin Peaks so they'll all be heading there.

But how do we get Dougie Coop there?

Obviously Jade give three rides.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

loving amazing

Did anyone else think that Albert reached for his weapon when Diane was at the door?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

The Walrus posted:

haven't we seen the ring physically effect a finger at some point?

That was Dumbledore. Or was it Dopple Dumbledore, Doppledore if you like.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'm terrible at remembering things so here I go. What is the best, most complete version of the original series, pilots and FWWM including the extras? I had the original series on VHS years ago but wore out the tapes (literally a couple of them broke), then had the series on DVD but am no longer in possession of those.

Thanks for any help folks.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Escobarbarian posted:

The Complete Mystery blu-ray boxset. Not sure if it's in print in America anymore, but the version in the UK is region-free, so maybe look on Amazon UK.

Thanks. Seems to be readily available on both Amazon and eBay.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm sure it's already been discussed but uh...very soon the Twin Peaks Jail will have mewling blind woman, one punch AND Sarah Palmer all in the same place. Maybe "Sarah" knew that the blind woman (Naido?) was in the jail somehow and needed to get to her so she went to the bar on purpose to get thrown in the clink for an epic showdown, not knowing that the Fireman gave Freddy the Magic Glove of Doom.

And Chad gets to watch the whole thing.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Can I interrupt the rape chat with a request for a screen shot of Mike saying "Finally"?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Thank you so much!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The real Diane got turned into a green plastic glove in a Hardware Store in England a ways back. Pretty sure that's in the book.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

That guy in the bar at the end sounds a lot like the singer of peral jam

This is the dumbest fan theory so far, and that's really saying a lot.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I watched 5 minutes of the lovely "Lethal Weapon" series on Fox and a good 2 minutes of it was a goddamn Ford commercial. Closeup of the Merc Star in episode 1, 3 months ago, is a product placement problem to some of you?

I dig cars so I tend to notice them in shows and movies. There are some shows where every branded car is a certain brand and all other cars are unbranded. THAT'S product placement. That screen shot of the Mercedes is from Episode 1. He has since drove worse and worse vehicles than that...to me it is showing entropy bleeding over in all aspects of Mr. C's "life". Or not. It's Twin Peaks so who loving knows. But I am solidly in the camp of whatever product placement has been paid for has been pretty subtle and unobtrusive (even the Skype, which even if it WAS PP, it is pretty much the default video conferencing app for people who don't know any better. Like a small town sheriff who is sitting in a room by himself looking longingly at a jay peg of a fish.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I rewatched episode 3 today. When Coop falls into non existence, after he meets Naido and the cosmic tea pot Jefferies, there's a woman on a couch who looks just like the woman who lets Mr C into the hotel room.

I had forgotten that.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Finished Secret history a couple of days ago and rewatched FWWM last night with a buddy who is on his first watch through of TP. A couple of thoughts:

-The Woodsmen in FWWM are the same as the ones from Season 3, just retconned to have dirty faces right? If that's the case, check out the scene from Hap's Diner (sorry for ths lovely screen cap, it came from Youtube)

-The hotel that Leland goes to for his "meeting" with Theresa, Laura and Ronette...is that the same single story hotel as....well the single story hotel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMMO4-6VOJk

-The credits say "Woodsman" but in the Secret History it talks about the Sex Magic thing to call forth the Helpers from another dimension. If Lynch really didn't read the Secret History (come on though), then maybe that is the continuity error? Seems like they are the same to me.

-Secret History hints that the Native Americans were in full knowledge of the cosmic fuckery with the lodges/lodge magic. Hawk's family was one of the families that "lucked out" but his ancestors still got royally hosed by the White Man when they took and desecrated their land. I think Hawk walked out to Glastonbury Grove, knew what was up and knew better than to go in. I also think he knew more about it all than he let on to everyone around him but that's just my hunch. I know this isn't a perfect theory but I really think that there is something to the fact that the Native Americans knew about it and were apparently reverent about it (?), not going into it all willy nilly to save a dead girl or whatnot.

-Lots of people talking about the white horse in front of the black plate in Odessa, along with all of the other "clues". The same thing happens in Vegas - just noticed the Owl cookie jar behind Dougie when he has pancakes, plus the red shoes, plus everything else that Dougie sees that remind him of TP. I read the theory about "pocket, or cage" universes and am wondering if the entire Vegas universe is one of those, with Dougie being watched the whole time while Coop is still in the Red Room.

-When Mr C is interviewed by Gordon in prison he says something to the effect that he has always been home, or never left home (I forget exactly). Maybe Cooper never got out of the lodge at all. I mean, Annie did say that he cannot leave. She didn't say that he can leave after a while or anything.

-I have no idea if any of this makes sense or is important or anything. Just when it starts to make a little sense something else comes along to gently caress with anything I thought I understood. I love it. Best show ever.

There's one thing I do totally understand though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiOn6tO2vQ8

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I need some hobbies

https://imgur.com/a/4jsh4

I'm sure these aren't original but I was waiting for my drat fine coffee to kick in and well here we are.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Bird in a Blender posted:

I wonder if Gordon and possibly Albert have actually been to the motel room to see Jeffries/teapot. Gordon mentions in episode 17 that Jeffries is something entirely else now, so he obviously knows that he's changed. Unless Jeffries turned into a machine a long time ago, or Jeffries has actually made appearances to Gordon since changing.

I'd guess in the 26 years we haven't seen him, Gordon has done a lot of things. Maybe that's why he wasn't surprised to see the transport hole in the sky and how Albert calmly pulled him back. Maybe they knew that it wasn't a good time to go back in, what with "Diane" and the others there?

Or maybe Gordon was shopping for his niece's wedding gift at Macy's and there among the small kitchen appliances was a 15 foot tea kettle with his former partner inside. Wouldn't surprise me. Probably wouldn't surprise Gordon either.

edit: ^^^^ This is what happens when I don't refresh the drat thread.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Attitude Indicator posted:

Don't be a tertiary character on a deserted island.

One of my favorite Psych quotes

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Attitude Indicator posted:

Is it a quote? I've never seen psych

no. It was just a running gag in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW3PuMGyv88

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Really upset that one of the Blu Ray extras isn't "Annie's fine, thanks for asking. How are you?"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

chime_on posted:

Project Blue Book was a real thing, though, not necessarily just Twin Peaks lore.

So is the black lodge.

Go on, prove me wrong :colbert:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Does anyone have a link to the video where Cole's "best one liners" are edited together? I remember it starts off with "The Congressman's Dilema" and "The policeman's Dream" and goes though a bunch of others including "He's Dead" and I think ends on "What the Hell?" I've tried searching with no luck, hoping one of you knows what I'm talking aboot :(

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait people are still buying DVDs in 2017?

The Blu-Ray format is over a decade old at this point :confused:

I had to buy my mother the DVD set of Stranger Things because she "doesn't want to learn something new" if I bought her a BluRay. She's 72 though so I didn't push. :)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Just got back from Star Wars and all I could think of during that one scene was "gently caress you, Star Destroyers."

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Data Graham posted:

She basically warped out exactly the same way she did in TP too

beginning to think that wasn't an effect at all, it's just how Laura Dern leaves the room

I love this so much.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Saw the headline on my news feed, was disappointed NOT to see this when I clicked it...

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I recently rewatched seasons 1 & 2 and of course then 3 I guess, with someone who'd never seen any Twin Peaks and Mr T. fooled him 100%. No my buddy has a fantastic sense of humor so I had to literally ask him if he was loving with me or not and he said he wasn't, he had no idea that was really Katherine.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

My Lovely Horse posted:

Dick Tremayne asks Andy "got a light" and I nearly jumped from the couch.

Ya don't say

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Elias_Maluco posted:

The mayor and his brother plot is so irrelevant I had completely forgotten about it, had to look it up now

The Mayor's brother is one of the most important characters in all of Twin Peaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
According to the book that came out 25 years after the series.