Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Did anyone else see a devil face in the smoke to the right of the nuke?

lmao that brings me back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
This ep was good and nuclear test sequence owned but holy poo poo idk if I'll ever be able to not tune out every musical guest scene in this season

The only band scenes I remember from the original is like Julee Cruise maybe? But I seem to remember most of those scenes mostly being background for the characters that were actually in the bar interacting. Am I going just blocking out a bunch of these scenes or are the cuts to a musical guests just a thing on the new show?

I guess I tend to give Lynch the benefit of the doubt that he's just loving with the audience or fans of the original in some way here because the only one of these scenes this season with actual characters at the bar that I remember is when we get that hilarious line about James still being cool, but man I find these scenes really jarring and cringey after dealing with the extreme slow burn of the show, maybe that's the point? Who the gently caress knows with this guy

"you want julee cruise singing in the background of donna and james reuniting in the roadhouse? gently caress you here's a cut to the nine inch nails with no known characters in sight" -the lynchmeister

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

nopants posted:

maybe lynch thinks the music scenes are cool even though you dont like them

I mean that's fine enough of an explanation for me but he's definitely wrong about that lol