Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

At the end of episode 2, do we know who was doing the finger guns at Shelley? He didn't look familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I think like others have said, I've been listening to Shadow on repeat since the episode aired, but I just watched the video and noticed this little Easter egg

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Of the official Twin Peaks books, which ones are must reads? I was going to order the Secret History of Twin Peaks but didn't know if the others are important or not.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Bobby is my favorite and I was not expecting that vomit kid

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Was the piano tune that was playing during the thank you Mr Jackpots part from anything? I wasn't sure if it was from the show and I wasn't recognizing it or not

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I guess I'm having a dougie moment because I don't know why that didn't click for me

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

It's such a minor thing in an episode of so much awesome, but I really loved the way Bobby was when they were walking up to Jackrabbit Palace. He just had this look of remembering fond childhood memories with his dad that really sold it to me.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I thought it was pretty funny to introduce this whole other wing of the Twin Peaks sheriffs department, with Chad and dispatch lady and the other people, in the same episode (I think) as Frank. It's winking and going "oh, we just never went to this side of the office".

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Zmej posted:

Yea, I had no interest in watching the theatrical cut then the missing pieces, or watching the movie twice. I just wanted to be efficient with my time lol. I heard good things about the fancut and I enjoyed it just fine.

I did the same thing.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Oh god they kissed and my feed dropped to black

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Oh jerry no

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Bad binoculars! Bad bad binoculars!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Mitchum Brothers were always cool

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

How many episodes do we have left? 2 after tonight?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

My heart is racing I can't take this

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

"You're not Dougie?"
"Im Mr Jackpots"

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Eddie Vedder, you get the gently caress off stage, we gotta play Audrey's theme

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Im gonna need to do some weeklong coma research, the wait for next week is gonna be unbearable.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

El Jeffe posted:

drat, that's annoying. What about Sling? Anybody know?

Sling puts the on demand stuff up like, right as it finishes live. I guess technically it is when the show is going, because you can start it from the beginning during any point of the livestream.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Eric Edelstein (who played one of the Detective Fusco brothers) was on the podcast I Was There Too today. It's worth a listen for his couple of David Lynch stories.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

After the last episode, I woke up maybe 3-4 times through the night to check this thread to see if anyone else had more insight into the ending and then spent like a week theorizing about it.

A helluva ending.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Flyinglemur posted:

According to the book that came out 25 years after the series.

When I was reading the book, I kept wondering who this guy was and when I looked it up I was like “I....vaguely remember this?” But hey, it means another rewatch so win win.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Caganer posted:

So I don't feel like I fully understood S3, but I'm going to rewatch it.

Anyone know anything I should know/read so I don't feel as lost second time around?

If you haven’t already, watch Fire Walk With Me and the Missing Pieces.

Secret History of Twin Peaks is great and maybe won’t give direct insight into season 3, there’s stuff in there that definitely ties in.

And the Final Dossier, while less good than Secret History, should be read after season 3 since it’ll give you a more straight forward “this is what happened to THIS person”.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

When we see Leland and he says “Find Laura”, we’re assuming he’s the Leland from the original show timeline, the one who murdered Laura. When Coop finally gets out of the lodge, he does just that, finds Laura.

But in doing so, he creates the new timeline where Laura isn’t murdered, she just disappears. Leland never kills her.

Because of the time fuckery of the lodge, what we’re getting is actually the Leland from the new timeline, a father who asks the FBI agent to find his lost daughter.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

kaworu posted:

It's almost a bit odd that 'The Sonic Youth' wasn't one of the bands who performed at the Road House in Season 3 - they're the kinda group I'd expect to see rockin' out there, and Kim Gordon is Lynch's kind of lady I'd think. I can only imagine that their music would go pretty drat well with Twin Peaks imagery/Lynchian imagery in general. They seem to have some sort of common ethos.

Sonic Youth broke up when Kim and Thurston split.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Merkinman posted:

I didn't like episode 8, and was accused in this thread of needing keys jangled in front of me for entertainment.

I enjoyed episode 8, and also having keys jangled in front of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Secret History is a good book, Final Dossier is more or less just “we’ll give you a little more closure on some stuff”.