Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Choco1980 posted:

I had Knight/Samurai/Blue/Beast last year. I was one of the what? 8? 10? Goons that Triple Crowned with a full powered Brave Sword. Trust me, getting some of the level dependent blue magic without running is a bitch.

Wasn't there two competing goon bonus challenges, one for Knights with the full powered Brave Sword, and a contrarian one that was for Knights with full powered Chicken Knives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I forget the details (can we get a link to last year's thread in the op Kyrosiris?) but I had a Good Geomancer Run last year and was very confused

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

As originally written, it looks like four of the five can also cheese Shinryu, but the last party can't

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

InfernoBlade posted:

So I don't want to outright choose the run this time like I did last year. But I'm going to drop another large donation in the next day or so. Any ideas on how to use it for the run this time around?

Give Them Geomancer

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Oh yeah Time/Geo is a good pairing

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

ChaosRisk is the one true run-opener. Pure Chaos is for later :colbert:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

InfernoBlade posted:

So since it looks like my job choices are probably going to stand even after basically flushing 80% of the votes down the shitter. I'm going to try to think of a bonus incentive I can throw at the run. Any ideas? I was thinking bonus donation for each boss killed by bearaga, but that might be overly tedious (that or bankrupt me if I'm not careful...)

Bonus for killing NeD with a Goblin (punch) in memoriam DDarch

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Pure Chaos berserker risk class results: Freelancer/BER/SER/KER

One kitten herder and :black101: brigade. This will be... Interesting?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah I know I'm OP since I have mystic knight and black mage, I just wasn't sure how to feel about bard as my fire job. When I play vanilla I usually give them the ability to use good weapons, but that's not allowed here.

Just slap elven mantle and a main gauche on him and let him be functionally unhittable

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

zenguitarman posted:

Tri-Zerkers
[...] No Death Sickles

:chloe:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Give your ninja Barehand and watch him turn into Kenshiro

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Free/BER/SER/KER complete!

Level 41 on everyone but Butz (I named him to do the Pre-Run Run then ran out of time) who hit 42. I had to leave the Void three times (first time I had no cottages when I hit the castle, second time I realized I forgot the lamp and ran out of hi-potions, third time I went to get the third protect ring I forgot and farm elixirs).

Had to exhaust Rugman to get to Istory for the Titan Axe, Aegis #2, and more protect rings.

Freelancer meant I could at least put on the thief gloves to vaguely help knifing Aegis Shields #3 and #4 so I could tank Almagests. Also the Muramasa. Butz spent the entirety of the final fight just throwing elixers, other restoratives, and Hasting the field (occasionally rubbing the Lamp when time was had)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Four smooches should deal with a prototype, according to someone on the discord

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Modal Auxiliary posted:

New run is looking like Sam/Geo/Red/Time. Is the Geomancer going to have any use other than maybe grinding ABP in World 1?

Despite the jokes, ! Gaia is decent throughout the game, you get wind knives and Gaia gear earlyish which charges him up, gives your other mages some mp free damage, clowns on Wendigo, helps in physical fork tower (that poo poo ain't magic), permanent wind slash vs NED, and probably has the most hp of your three mages so he's gonna tank you the Almagest and Quick-revive everyone else

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

http://imgur.com/a/0S5uU

Gregg rulz ok.

Ground to 41 so that Faris could face-tank Almagest with like 150 hp, which was enough to get everyone else back up and running. Just dropped Flares and boosted -aga against Almagest until it went down (after two casts) and then it was cake. Rapidfire Chicken Knife was a thing of beauty.

e: Oh dear. RegPopular: Time/Time/Time/Geo

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 12, 2017

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Vadun posted:

I'm having issues with w2 exdeath. Knight/Zerk/Time/Geo.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong, about level 29. Zerk is using Dancing Dagger, Knight has Frostbrand.

I got Zerk as 5th job so I haven't picked up any weapons for it.

Don't cast slow on him.

How many reflect rings do you have? If 4, slap em all on the party and get to level 30 for some High Comedy

(He knows L3 flare. L3 flare is reflectable)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

There's something wonderful about three time mages and their geomancer buddy just quad spamming !Gaia

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Give your healGeo an Air Knife just in case, since it's 100% Wind Slash vs NED so its appreciable DPS when free.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Upgrade isn't really the best, but sometimes you end in comedy as interactions appear.

Wind: Red Mage, AKA "I am not loving grinding dualcast W1"
Water: Berserker, AKA "At least I killed the sandworm first"
Fire: Ranger, aka Bowserker aka "Holy poo poo the Sol Cannon dies fast to four thunder bows"
Earth: Mystic Knight, aka 4 Rapid Fire Spellblades for the rest of time :getin:

I killed Omega by just going in with Hermes sandals and lucking out on counters. Rapidfire thundaga chicken knife did about 7300 per hit (so about 29k per rapidfire)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Overlord K posted:

So I'm doing a chaos run after my first for funsies and I currently have Chemist/White/Samurai and I'm at the library right now.

Is there any way to make running four white mages up until the Earth crystal where I'll get to have actual (very good) variety more bearable or am I trapped in grinding hell to survive?

Fiesta mod to unlock all jobs, don't tell RK.

Even with buyable flails in Karnak that sounds like a special hell

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

Really, the most important tip for this team (and any Fiesta team) is to buy four Hermes Sandals in Phantom Village.

:eng101: three sandals, the fourth is free in the Void Castle.

This also applies to Coral rings if you need those (#4 is in the cavern area)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I think i'm screwed. I'm on the 4 crystal guardians fight in forest of moore with 3 zerks and a summoner. I can get two crystals down and still survive but after that i'm doomed to failure as the only decent weapons I have on my zerkers are air knives which heal one of the crystals. I can equip something else on them but the damage loss is pretty severe.

My friend, crystals are weak to the 💀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Nope. It's not private, and I'm not blocked. So either I'm muted, or Twitter screwed something up. :shrug:

Sometimes Gilgabot gets throttled due to too many tweet replies in a short time.

• Locked thread