Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Why not just Job Fair yourself the best party and not even bother with that whole silly random party thing? I don't get it. Why bother letting a bot determine what you use when you can just pick whatever you want? I mean, if you're just gonna grind anyway, why not skip the tedium and just Job Fair it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

goes against the spirit of the event.

So, uh, real question this time:

What exactly is the "spirit of the event"? Since apparently you're the only person in the thread who has it right, and all.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

It's beating a randomly assigned challenge where your options are constrained. Modding the game to change those constraints goes against that. I don't think this is a difficult concept.

Really? Because if changing things to adjust the constraints to be more fair to the player is contrary to the spirit then so too is the Job Fair but you don't have a problem with that.

Surely, then, the spirit has more to do with the charity drive rather then "you must play the game this way otherwise you are doing it wrong"?

Which leads me to my follow up question:

If the patch is such a problem to you why not do the sensible thing and make a pledge ITT for, say, $1/clear that doesn't use it to a max of $100? Surely that would be better for both the thread AND the spirit of the event than whining that people are having fun wrong.

That's not exactly a new thing and regardless of how much you complain about it, people are going to use it/not use it at their own discretion.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Except cheating is not encouraged within this thread. If you draw, say, White Mage for your Wind crystal then how does the patch help you there? The patch, if anything, makes the game harder, not easier. Remember, if you're playing a variant where you CAN get Water/Fire/Earth jobs early, then you're stuck using Freelancer until it becomes available. If you draw, say, Dragoon for your Wind job (which is 100% possible) then you're using Freelancers until then and if you think that's harder than 4 Dragoons with lovely knives then do I have some bad news for you.

And after you get the Earth job, which is about a quarter of the way through the game... what does the patch do to make things easier exactly? Turning NED into a Jumbo Cactuar, visually only, also makes things harder if you don't remember exactly what each part of NED already is, does and what you can do it in turn.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Unless the Job Fair's changed, I don't think you can actually. You can set your Water crystal job to Berserker, but that's it. I guess if you get Berserker as your Wind, Fire and Earth jobs you could do it but I don't think that's possible with any of the Fiesta's modes.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

There is no "24 hour law." It's a made-up thing

whooosh

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mega64 posted:

I was really looking forward to see how he could top that, but I guess he realized that's peak Dragondarch and he couldn't fail more spectacularly from there. A great shame.

Attempting to follow the Bare Only FAQ and then loving that up would be one way to go.

Bonus points for not getting Magissa to drop the Whip and needing to reset.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Unless you have no way of bypassing the Chicken Knife's run chance (spoilers: you will), there's absolutely no reason to ever get the Brave Blade. It requires a lot more hassle to maintain max power of and it can only get weaker. And even at its strongest, its less effective than the Chicken Knife at max.

Brave Blade bad. I believe Gilgabot had a handy dandy flowchart on this very subject.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

So, like, is the Fifth Job command only usable in a Natural run? That's how it reads based on the info in the OP at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Colorspray posted:

I wanted to pay for a legit copy and grabbed the psx version on vita in preparation. Apparently, this was a mistake - but how big of one was it?

I sure hope you like several second long loading screens for stuff like opening the menu!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Voted Thief/Zerk/Geo/Dragoon. Let's go. :getin:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

That gives like 10-ish days for people to rack up Berserker Tree cashmoney by using jobs from The Run which should be more than enough time for anyone that wants to do that. Even if it ends up being a miserably bad set of jobs.

What's going to make The Run itself suck with some job combos isn't necessarily NED or anything; it's that they have to do all tablets which means getting through everyone's favourite Rug Wizard...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Everh8

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I was originally going to do a vanilla run this year, but that would be way too boring.

LET'S DO THIS! :black101:

Vanilla's too boring? Sure, fair.

But it's infinitely more interesting than loving Natural, jeez

e;

This does sort of make me wonder how Pure Chaos' Freelancer/Mime chances work with added 750/No750 though. Is that even possible?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

750/no750 can't be tacked onto Pure Chaos, just normal Chaos.

That's disappointing. Expected, but still disappointing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Can't have Quick so it doesn't matter :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I can absolutely believe that something that dumb would happen, even if it manages to make less sense than casting Reset through Berserk

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

If only the script could be modded to have a random Carbybot quote every time his name is mentioned...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Can of Worms is rad as hell and has made multiple FFV Advance patches, including the source of the above gif.
Fiesta State Mod (Kyro's mirror) (no mechanical changes)

This is the mod you want if you want all jobs unlocked from the start, and one... special other feature.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

+9Infinite Save state slots. :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Small thing but requisite reminder that Tycoon Castle has super-extra hidden secret Cottages if you walk to the right here:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

To put an even finer point on it, is the TC possible with a no750 team.

No750 has Beastmaster, Mystic Knight and Ranger.

It's very possible, yes.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Probably hit the tweet limit, like he usually does. Just check the actual fiesta site; either your own page when logged in, or the general Players page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Pretty sure it's a Dark Souls joke :ssh:

• Locked thread