Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I did too many pre-Fiesta runs last year and burned myself out, only finishing a couple actual runs. Luckily, this year I forgot it existed until today! I only have to wait a week and can probably convince myself not to do a bunch of practice runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Frankly, most people don't give a poo poo what you do, as it's a fun charity event. Donate some cash and do whatever you want. I mean, don't go bragging that you used cheat codes or whatever. Even RK grumbles about the Fiesta mod but ultimately doesn't do more than that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What is the absolute worst party you could get and still pull a Triple Crown?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait what did DDarch do last year?

He was solo leveling Faris for Goblin Punch purposes. Then he wiped and hadn't saved, losing an hour or so of progress.

Isn't Yagamoth a poster here, or is that someone else.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm slowly working my way through Thief/Ber/Zer/Ker. Made it to World 2, and have a stack of Hi Potions.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A Thief and 3 Berserkers, done. Basch lives on.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Doom Goon posted:

Does anyone have a good alternative to imgur (primarily with deletion links)? Really hate their new redirection thing when you try to access an image directly.

Do you mean the whole long string of nonsense when you try to drag the image to the URL bar? That happens when you try to go to the image before it's fully loaded. Give it a few seconds and you directly link it just fine. If you mean something else, then :shrug:

My second run is Bard, Dragoon, Ninja, Red Mage. This is easy street compared to Berserkers. I have actual elements to play with, and abilities to give out!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Company does something lame in search of profit, stops when customers complain.

Same old, same old.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Oh they're not gonna stop. Imgur's been getting steadily worse for well over a year now.

I don't imagine the amount of people using imgur and also not using an ad blocker is very big. Gotta make a profit somehow I guess.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Final party: Ninja / Summoner / Dancer / Beastmaster

After Karnak, things actually get a bit difficult. There's literally no new knives that are found/dropped in World 1 besides the Main Gauche. Luckily there's two Moonring Blades, but my offense is getting kinda dire, though fortunately I have Summoner to pick up the slack. I also have no reliable healing since I can't even stock up on regular-rear end Potions easily.

All I can do is stock up on bears and Flame Scrolls and hope for the best in World 2!

e:

YOU CAN DUAL WIELD WHIPS

I assume you're doing a run without purchasing anything in store?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

gbuchold posted:

gently caress trizerkers forever

At least I got cool shades

Sup fellow Thief/Ber/Zer/Ker friend. You didn't even have the Chicken Knife to rely on, a braver person than I.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

StarMinstrel posted:

Oh and about the chicken knife: it's 255 run/flee/escape to get it to max correct? Can you go over that number and is there a way to view the amount of times you ran? If yes and no I'll just start counting now.

It maxes out at 127 attack, I think. One attack per run.

I could be wrong about all that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm not 100% sure how Bards work. When singing to an enemy, I assume the attack misses if the musical notes don't come out. Is my speed maxed out whenever the person singing it stops singing? I've tried the stop song on Metamorphs and even though the notes come out, they still transformed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

One more for the "a butt" pile.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Third run, so far, is: Berserker, Ninja, Monk. 4th class is going to make or break this run, in the sense of how much effort I'll need to put in without grinding.

Next year's command should be #Gauntlet. It only works with Pure Chaos and won't give you ANY job you've had from Pure Chaos that year. Get lucky and you might be able to finish runs with every single job. Woe be to those that get Geo/Red/Monk/Thief as their last run.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 27, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dragoons are really good at being a hoss that doesn't die. Dragoon with Aegis, Thornlet, Bonemail and Protect Ring can shrug off a lot of poo poo. Even better if you're facing something that can be neutered with Ice/Flame Shield. Perfect for every situation, useful on the level of say, Blue Mage? Absolutely not. I'd rate them above average.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Final Party Part 3: Berserker, Ninja, Monk, Ranger.

From my limited knowledge, I don't think it is a Triple Crown without massive leveling and luck but the rest of the game will be mostly easy street.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finished run number 3, went for Popular for a nice milk run.

Black Mage, Mystic Knight, Chemist, Summoner.

:getin:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Just started my fifth run, Soul Cannon is gone.

Samurai/Dragoon/Dragoon/Red Mage.

Not a TC but an easy run regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Most runs was 22? Wasn't it higher last year?

• Locked thread