Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

poo poo yeah, FJF thread. I'm terrible about actually completing it so my friend and I are going to cooperatively do a Classic run and probably record it since he tends to do a good three or four various runs of the Fiesta each year.

Always wondered if there's any interest in a longplay type thing like that, with the obvious grindy sections edited out unless they come out with something decent in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yeah, I'm using VBA-M with RetroArch as a frontend.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gilgabot's gained sentience and is screwing with us

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Is preregistration actually open? All I see on the site is "see you in June 2018" and a counter going upwards...?

:thunk:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Glagha posted:

So GBA is the preferred version if you don't have an iDevice right?

Considering how the mobile ports are so horrendously ugly (seriously, they managed to gently caress up the tile seams on the generic grass tiles) the GBA version is the preferred version overall.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gently caress yeah classic ruuuuun

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Did about four hours of streaming/recording tonight, starting off our Classic run. Not many viewers but we're doing it for the experience (we were going to co-op the run regardless).

White Mage / Thief / Red Mage / Freelancer at the end of the Ancient Library. We got there at about level 11, got to the boss, and promptly wiped from a single Gale Cut. Cue five levels of grinding.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

You use Freelancer in an unclaimed job slot. We haven't hit Earth yet.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Both of us were fairly certain Classic followed the Natural rules for that. We are fairly regularly in contact with RevenantKioku though so we'll ask for clarification just in case.

We did end up job fairing away Monk and rolled Thief instead, though, and threw an extra ten bucks in the charity pot on top of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Classic run (WHM/THF/RDM/BLM) completed by the skin of our teeth :stare:

• Locked thread