Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Having jobs a little earlier is really not an issue.

Fister Roboto posted:

But you donate money to use the job fair. That's the whole point. Using the mod circumvents that, even if it's just for one boss or whatever. You're cheating to get out of donating money to charity.

You can use the Fiesta mod and still end up using the Job Fair.

Additionally you can also just donate, normally, while using the mod for your run. It's almost as if the vast majority of donations are not tied to the Job fair.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

That does make me wonder something. Since RK mentioned he doesn't like the Fiesta mod, how is Chaos supposed to work if your first job is from the Earth Crystal, but subsequent ones aren't. Say you get Samurai/Black Mage. Are you supposed to make everyone a Black Mage at the Water Crystal? Or at the Wind Crystal? Or go with a mix of Freelancers and Black Mages? Or not use the Black Mage at all until you've unlocked Samurai?
I figure you just used all of whatever's available. So all black mages at the Water Crystal when you unlock it, Samurai comes later.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It'll be nice to do the Fiesta this year and finish a second run without real life poo poo hitting the fan.

I never got round to even starting my Pure Chaos run last year and I've never actually used a chemist in FFV before

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The true way to wield the Brave Blade is to throw it at your enemies.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

New modes don't sound too interesting. I reckon for fifthjob some people are just gonna grind out job levels before moving to Krile.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Colorspray posted:

This always looked fun and I never participated before, so I'm in.

However...

I wanted to pay for a legit copy and grabbed the psx version on vita in preparation. Apparently, this was a mistake - but how big of one was it?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

You fool!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

I sure hope you like several second long loading screens for stuff like opening the menu!

It'll give them time to reflect on their poor purchase decisions.

Supremezero posted:

You're specifically not allowed to use anything from your previous earth job, so...

Sweet it's even less interesting.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Whoo

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Noooooo

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

RME posted:

brother

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

At least your freelancer can equip anything.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That took ages, I could only do 100 damage a pop and every two hits I has to swap out for the healing staff to heal a bit.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh can you single target rod breaks?

That would have saved me some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Do rods scale off the user at all?
I broke rods on one attempt and they did 500 damage.

• Locked thread