Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Doom Goon posted:

Do that many people use save states? Kind of kills the whole point, doesn't it?

In situations where your only options are a) grind like mad, or b) retry the fight over and over again until the stars align, I am absolutely fine with using savestates to speed up the latter option. It's not like grinding requires more skill.

Also, it's a singleplayer game and a charity benefit, play however you have the most fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
Clearly the solution here is to make a ROM hack where the Chrono Trigger characters are replaced by FF5 characters. Chrono -> Bartz, Marle -> Lenna, Lucca -> Krile, Robo -> Galuf, Ayla -> Faris, Frog -> Sage Ghido :v:.

Then you just need to figure out a way to shoehorn the class system into Chrono Trigger, which I figure shouldn't take more than an afternoon. Get to it!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
You're correct. You're stuck with him pretty much until the endgame unlocks. I guess it's up to you whether you let him do anything in battle; IIRC dead PCs revive at the end of combat with 1HP?

• Locked thread