Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ablative posted:

750 is "jobs that can break rods", named after the price of a rod.
No-750 is the opposite.
Natural is bad, don't play Natural.
Classic is bad, don't play Classic.
Random gets you a job from any crystal you've unlocked.

To be specific (Because it's not actually jobs that break rods anymore), 750 is White Mage, Black Mage, Blue Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, Red Mage, Geomancer, Bard, Chemist, Dancer. No-750 is everything else except for Freelancer, Mime, and GBA classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bregor posted:

I'm whooshing, what's the other change?

Changes Neo-Exdeath into a giant cactuar, as I recall.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

StrangeAeon posted:

Is there anything an official promo poster? Could we make one? I'd like to promote this at my local children's hospital.

The ultimate poster for the ultimate charity.

There doesn't appear to be an official one. Maybe take one of the boxarts and tack "Four Job Fiesta" on it somewhere? Or maybe the banner from RK's patreon?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think I heard randomly on elmagus's stream that he's not doing it this year. But I can't provide a citation.

The Run or loving it up?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... is the pre-registration timer counting up?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Detheros posted:

Red Mage over Geomancer? Urgh.

Hey, at least Red Mage helps other casters.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Golden Goat posted:

New modes don't sound too interesting. I reckon for fifthjob some people are just gonna grind out job levels before moving to Krile.

You're specifically not allowed to use anything from your previous earth job, so...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Leraika posted:

gently caress

You can change your registration as you please up til the start of the fiesta.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DACK FAYDEN posted:

On the one hand, basically zero. On the other, the counterfeits are so good you can't tell except that they can't Quicksave.

(If you're actually going to buy a GBA for it, PM me your address, I was going to replace this cart anyway so I'm looking to give it away to a fiesta goon. If not, offer stands to the first other person to PM me asking for it.)

Curiosity question: Why can't they quicksave?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bufuman posted:

:sigh: So all us Riskers are looking at potential Quadzerks again, are we? I'll be over in the corner sobbing if you need me.

Yes, I know I'm running normal so I'll get at most TriZerks, but that's not much better!

Anyway, I've actually got a decent internet connection this year, having finally discovered an ISP that covers my town (aside from CenturyLink and their utter refusal to pack higher than a 7 Mbps connection in my mostly-rural area), so now that I've got a decent 30 Mbps connection, I've been getting into streaming and figure I might as well do so for my FJF runs. Anyone know if I'm able to do that with VBA? Or would I need some other program to stream my poo poo on Twitch?

*looks at the current donation total vs Riskers*

... we're already at minimum 2 Berserker's per risk.

More people sign up for Risk? Please?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samuel Clemens posted:

Can you even get more than one Berserker if you're not playing Chaos? I honestly can't remember.

But who doesn't play Chaos? :getin:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Twelve by Pies posted:

I could not disagree more. There's a lot of other bizarre changes that basically boil down to "No fun allowed." There's things like hugely nerfing certain attacks like Beastmaster's releases so Yellow Dragon/Zuu can't hit heavy targets, making it so Chemist's mixes can miss, making Shinryu immune to blind/berserk, and even bizarre things like removing Defender's ability to cast Protect when used as an item,

I understand that the Steam/mobile version fixed a lot of bugs, some that are beneficial, but I can see the argument that it wasn't supposed to be like that (things like W2 Exdeath having Regen again, !Calm not working on non-magic beasts, I'll even grant Omniscient being able to cast Return through berserk), but the things I mentioned were not bugs and seem to only have been changed because "You're not playing the game the way we want you to" which is a really lovely move.

And, as has been mentioned, there are some team compositions for which it's actually impossible to beat the game on the Steam/mobile versions simply because of these awful changes.

I'll give credit where it's due. The enemy sprites look fantastic, even if the PC sprites look like rear end, and they legitimately made some cool changes such as Geomancer being able to use any !Gaia skill rather than having many of them locked behind levels that no sane human being would ever reach in a normal playthrough of the game (although this change does make them more useless in many boss battles since a lot of the high level ones have instant death effects which every boss is immune to, whereas lower level ones at least usually do some damage), but overall I feel (and most people here would probably agree) the Steam/mobile version is far worse than any other version of the game. Yeah, loading times of several seconds simply to go into the menu is really annoying but I'd take that any day over the terrible mechanics changes.

This is all fantastic and a decent argument about it sucking, but I don't really see how any of that makes it worse than "Loading screen for opening the menu".

Like, you are comparing "Cool glitches got changed, it sucks" to "Insanely aggravating to play at a basic level"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Khisanth Magus posted:

But then you won't have Y Burns and horrible pirate speak!

I refuse to believe that there's no patch out there that applies the SNES fan translation to the GBA version.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
When are they officially locked in, anyway?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mikl posted:

In retrospect, this might have been a mistake :ohdear:

Please, I need monies to live, don't be too harsh on my bank account... :ohdear:

Okay, everyone in the thread must now do this run.

Honestly, I think you might be saved by how irritating this run will be. White Mage first crystal is always boring as heck, Dragoon sucks, and Beastmaster + Berserker sounds like an irritating combo.

Maybe if someone burns money to get ninja instead.

But probably not, you're likely to get your bank dried up!

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 2, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samuel Clemens posted:

White Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dragoon sounds like a really boring team to play, honestly. Not hard (you've got White Mage after all), just uninteresting because of the lack of synergies.

Seems like it basically devolves to "Give WHM and Dragoon Capture so you get 3 captures, give Berserker a different weapon/ White to abuse Rune Axe, and give Beastmaster White Magic for more holy's"

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Trasson posted:

*Omega would be "fun". Technically doable, I think, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unless, of course, you're on the GBA version. In which case, enjoy your Omega Medal.

:shrug: Beastmaster gives Calm, so your problem with Omega essentially boils down to "taking for god drat ever". Since you need like 3 Calmers, that means your Berserker is on attack duty, and I think your only valid offense option is Equip Lances with Trident? Unless you enjoy missing over and over.

Not that swapping out Dragoon for Samurai or Dancer would help any with Omega. So this one at least isn't on Dragoon, it's more on Berserker forcibly taking your attack slot.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 3, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, last year I successfully finished 3 zerkers and a dragoon (and I didn't even sign up for berserker risk, Chaos just hated me) so I think anything I get dealt is gonna be easier.

3 Zerkers and Geo? Thief? Monk?

The dreaded 4 Zerkers?

FIVE ZERKERS?!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
5 Zerkers is pretty much the ultimate hell. "Oh, I got 4 zerkers, but I got a fifth job, so at least I have something else instead of the 4th, even if only for Neo!"

*gets another zerker, probably keels over in horror*

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Leofish posted:

32 Berserkers!

I am a nerd and like FF ATB. I also regret this did not happen while fighting Gilgamesh.

Also, I am so in this year!

Okay to be fair 32 Berserkers would probably just murder anything before they even act.

Monsters would see 32 Berserkers coming and just run the gently caress the other way.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So which option has a better chance at crazy team shenanigans? Chaos risk or pure chaos risk?

Well, the difference basically comes down to "Things other than Berserker can be duplicates" vs not, so Pure Chaos.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Koobes posted:

Because I am a goofball who absolutely loves FF12, here's a Bartz naming :toxx: drive for some donations.

Don't listen to Ondores lies! Bartz Basch Lives!

Every completed fiesta with Basch will have me give up $5 to charity.(up to a max of $200)

Mikl posted:

Alright, here goes! Third time entering the Fiesta, and hopefully second time finishing. Random run, as last year.

And to make this more fun:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Get those runs in :getin:

Both of you crazy fuckers are on.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Supremezero posted:

Both of you crazy fuckers are on.

And now, Captain Basch Fon Klauserburg Of Lixmasca! and TheUrn are ready for duty!

Question for The Run bets: Do we have to match the Run itself? Which is to say, do we have to clear all tablets? Or is it just "beat the game"?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AlphaKretin posted:

Might want to include Time Mage in that list since it makes the crown completely free with quickleak and patience.

I think the point was a job per crystal, but eh. Time Mage's probably more borked than Mystic Knight anyway. Is Mystic even particularly a big deal for Triple Crown? It's, like, a good damage source for Omega, and I think that's it? The big Water Crystal job for those purposes is probably either Time Mage or Summoner, I guess.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 4, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Darkoni posted:

It's my third year doing the Fiesta and my first time doing Bersker risk. Doing Chaos as well. Fingers crossed I'm not gonna get quadzerkers but who knows.

Just upgrade to PureChaos, dupes are dumb. It won't save you from Berserker Risk, but it'll save you from Berserkers that aren't from that, and we'll need like triple the donation total to get quadzerkers. And that's if there's no more Riskers.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Unlucky7 posted:

This is once the fiesta starts proper, right? I would be down for this.

Also, started a non fiesta run to get myself in back in the swing of things and to get my completionist tendencies quashed. I only played the crappy PSX translation so having Faris talk like a normal person was refreshing.

Galuf being horny definitely slipped my mind though.

Galuf's an old man from :japan:, him being horny is the default setting.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
All these people saying chaos are silly, because Pure Chaos is totally way better. Dupes suck.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have a feeling that my first pure chaos run will have both mime and freelancer.

I think Mime/Freelancer was Earth only, like Job Fair, though I might be remembering wrong.

Weird thought. Say you get 5th job with it being Freelancer, and you mastered your earth job (which, for the sake of argument, is Ninja).

You get Ninja's benefits for being a freelancer. Stat boosts and free Dual Wield. There's nothing you can do about that.

So, uh, what do, I wonder.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samuel Clemens posted:

Probably hard to get people invested in voting when nothing short of a thousand dollar donation will tip the scales.

Lies and slander.

You only need 700 or so to tip Wind or Fire.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lurdiak posted:

How does the pledging work? I expected the button to take me to a donation thing automatically. Is this an honor system thing? :O

It's not like you can fulfill your pledge yet anyway, seeing as no one's even started.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well I just voted thief/red mage/geomancer/dragoon. No idea how bad that run would be but I am sure it would lead to some weird strategies from at least one of the runners.

You'd have to donate like 5k to get Red Mage in anyway.

Not that Berserker's really that much better.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Would it be against the rules to make a save file just before heading into the canal to speed things up? I imagine most people will be doing this.

People usually have their saves just after getting jobs. The difference encounter-wise to that vs start of the canal is basically nil, so whatever.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mikl posted:

I updated my run, it was random but now I've added BERSERKERRISK to it. I'm definitely going to regret this.

:shrug: Berserker's are perfectly fine when you've only got one or maybe two of them. Worst case, you have to KO it for a battle so you can learn blue magic or catch a monster or something. It's having 4 of them/having only them available that's the big problem.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Fenrir posted:

Let's hope this means 2017 will bring us another chosen one :getin:

Next Year's "The Run": 4 Berserkers. (The fiesta will start at the start of the Run instead of the end)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Wait what did DDarch do last year?

What didn't he do.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

That is mind-blowing and insane. I'm sure he will eventually top that one year.

No.

No no no.

That is merely the beginning.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Reiterpallasch posted:

White Mages can set Silence or Berserk on Omniscient (this does not work on steam or mobile), then spam Blink to deal with his shockingly nasty autoattacks.

Pretty sure Berserk is the option of choice, since Silence just wears off/fails. You use Silence if you have Mystic Knights instead, via Silence Sword.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MagusofStars posted:

Is there a replacement for Silence / Berserk on steam and mobile? Or is the battle just harder in general?

It pretty much works out to "Have magic or wait out his magic" for that.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

widespread posted:

That... I kinda wanna do that for Mikl's toxx. Not sure if Rug Wizard can be done with this but gently caress IT I'LL TRY IT ANYWAY. Might consider a toxx meself concerning Rug Wizard.

You Berserk him and then spam blink.

Unless you're on loving mobile where he counters with return even when berserked for some stupid reason

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

widespread posted:

I ain't doin' no version past GBA. Unless PSX is like GBA but on PSX.

Also when you say spam Blink, do you mean "give him Blink" or give yourself Blink.

Why would you give him blink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

gbuchold posted:

Eh, don't listen to them. The optimized way to beat LiquidFlame is kill your berserker, get him into Tornado form, and wait for his MP to run dry, but who cares about optimization when you're learning the game and having a good time for charity?

Optimized how? Because I'm pretty sure that's one of the slow ways.

YOLO for life! 3 Zerks 1 White! :black101:

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 10, 2017

• Locked thread